The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Sigmarusvult said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/10/13/liberate-the-age-of-sigmar-with-fresh-thunderstrike-style-in-realms-of-ruin/

This could confirm the rumours about the next 4th Ed starter set in which the first edition Stormcasts will be getting a refresh.

Yeah, and the fact that Korghos Khul is triying to go into Super Saiyan 2 also helps to sell the idea of GW refreshing everything from the first box.

• LOVE IT! 2

Just now, Snarff said:

If you think characters incapable of changing or having character arcs and want them to be stuck in a single trope, then sure.

But Gotrek has changed and is changing. He's literally changed his entire purpose from a honorable death to a honorable life. He's becoming more and more accepting of the master rune. That's been the unifying theme of the books. Avatar of a god, champion of the mortals looking for a place in the realms and finding his closet kin in the FS. His story is not over yet.

„Closest kin“ was stated once, if ever in a side mention. What exactly are the criteria of anyone belonging to a faction? Looks? Believes? Maybe an active decision?

So anyone belongs to the faction he has nothing, actively to do with now?

Oh iirc Grimnir was part of Sigmar’s Hero-Force, Gotrek is his Avatar and he looks for a meaningful life… NOW I GET IT, PUT HIM IN STORMCAST, what greater purpose THAN TO PURGE CHAOS!

Gotrek is either factionless or founds a united dwarven force. He has never committed to any faction so far, yet you want to cramp this rogue avatar into Fyreslayer although his journey clearly outlines he does not belong to a faction since he himself has a greater purpose than playing the lapdog of a god.

But whatever, think what you want. Idc wishes are granted sometimes ;)

47 minutes ago, DoctorPerils said:

Soo, _if_ this is true (I'm still not convinced you're not trolling us, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt ;) ) lets speculate about whats up this afternoon:

- sylvaneth are a given

- people have been mentioning the Lady of Ruin and Scylla Anfingrim (perhaps time for a new or updated unit for the Khornate troops too?)

So that's three factions with models so three videos.

But you were also hinting at 4th faction - could that be an army of Renown? I suppose Stormcast could do with a bit of narrative focus without extra models so that's a possibility...

You can check the date of the hidden videos. Two of them are very old videos that were removed by something. I'm not guessing, you can check that.

30 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

„Closest kin“ was stated once, if ever in a side mention. What exactly are the criteria of anyone belonging to a faction? Looks? Believes? Maybe an active decision?

So anyone belongs to the faction he has nothing, actively to do with now?

Oh iirc Grimnir was part of Sigmar’s Hero-Force, Gotrek is his Avatar and he looks for a meaningful life… NOW I GET IT, PUT HIM IN STORMCAST, what greater purpose THAN TO PURGE CHAOS!

Gotrek is either factionless or founds a united dwarven force. He has never committed to any faction so far, yet you want to cramp this rogue avatar into Fyreslayer although his journey clearly outlines he does not belong to a faction since he himself has a greater purpose than playing the lapdog of a god.

But whatever, think what you want. Idc wishes are granted sometimes ;)

Being an avatar is not being a lapdog though. It's the embodiment in the realms, and Gotrek has agency about how he behaves and uses his Grimnir-given power.

We'll just agree to disagree though. I see what you want Gotrek to be, but you're pretending it's the only option.

Anyway, we're too off topic now even for the rumour thread.

Edited by Snarff
  • Like 2

Hope everybody has a happy preview later and sees lots of cool stuff. I’m going to have to wait until later tonight as my young son dislikes Warhammer. Which is annoying! 🤣

Even more annoying he is out with his friends today but back before the preview! 😭

I hope to see lots of stuff for the old world but I think we will see some great stuff for Age of Sigmar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 5

49 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Hope everybody has a happy preview later and sees lots of cool stuff. I’m going to have to wait until later tonight as my young son dislikes Warhammer. Which is annoying! 🤣

Even more annoying he is out with his friends today but back before the preview! 😭

I hope to see lots of stuff for the old world but I think we will see some great stuff for Age of Sigmar.

Enjoy it when you can catch up on it mate, you'll be able to see every glorious reveal in one go later!

1 minute ago, Baz said:

Screenshot_20231014_133451_Samsung Internet.jpg

Top row: Brettonia, admech, Brettonia, Kurnothi, marine?

Bottom row: necron, striking scorpions, Stormcast, Brettonia, necron, Brettonia. 

There's a surprising amount of stuff that looks Brettonian and nothing for Tomb kings. More than one plastic kit?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Top row: Brettonia, admech, Brettonia, Kurnothi, marine?

Bottom row: necron, striking scorpions, Stormcast, Brettonia, necron, Brettonia. 

There's a surprising amount of stuff that looks Brettonian and nothing for Tomb kings. More than one plastic kit?

Maybe the Necron is instead a Tomb King?