The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, EntMan said:

I know it's about Warhammer Anniversary and not GW anniversary. But I wish the article had covered some of the old non Warhammer boxed likes, like Dark Future or Chainsaw Warrior for example.

I miss the days when GW did stuff that wasn't just Warhammer....

Yup but I bet they don’t sell in the same way (which is why we see Space Marines all the time).

Kind of on this thought but I’m hoping they announce a print on demand run of some of these games.

12 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

One kurnothi unit, do we think? Or two or three, and kurnoth himself?

We dont know. My excpetations are low, maybe they wont even be in this book. Story wise it make sense Sylvaneths get something in next but we dont have any confirmations yet.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

This reveal show is probably the least hype I've been for one in a while. Mostly because destruction was such a big part of the last one that I'm not expecting anything for me this time so I'm ready to coast for a while. Hopefully that FEC stuff is cool though

As a huge fan of Chaos I have to say the reveals that often excite me the most have the least to do with my army. I loved seeing all the cool dinosaurs and cities models. I cannot help but be excited to see Flesh Eater courts get their due and I am really pumped about the thought of seeing Knights in Shining Flesh wielding Excalfemur go up against my recently Purchased Chosen. 

Part of why I love the hobby is due to the various varied factions that make it so fun to play and develop narratives around. If we get a Lady of Ruin model for Slaves to Darkness that evokes the undivided champions of yore I will be extremely excited, but if the entire reveal is just the Flesh Eater Kit that leaked and the Bretonian Pegasus I will still be fairly excited to see them painted and posed. The best part is with the ongoing narrative and the upcoming rework of Tomb Kings we now that we will at least get more than those two reveals. 

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

One kurnothi unit, do we think? Or two or three, and kurnoth himself?

I'm not expecting anything yet- maybe a war cry war band and possibly a character, but I have no sense anything like that will be shown this weekend. FEC and Chaos/Khorne are more likely. 

Just thinking chaos factions tzeench haven't had releases in a while doom knights? Or at least a new lord/hero last one I can think off was the magister on a disk.

I have a feeling after the last reveals aos will be a bit light book 3 and fec mostly hopefully more though!

Spear shown the other day did look eldar could be tzeench tho or part of me was hoping for a new seraphon model akin to the eternity warden of old.

Just now, Kempak said:

Just thinking chaos factions tzeench haven't had releases in a while doom knights? Or at least a new lord/hero last one I can think off was the magister on a disk.

I have a feeling after the last reveals aos will be a bit light book 3 and fec mostly hopefully more though!

Spear shown the other day did look eldar could be tzeench tho or part of me was hoping for a new seraphon model akin to the eternity warden of old.

The spear is definitely chaos since it has the 8 pointed star. I thought it might be nighthaunt or something before somebody pointed it out.
Chaos is pretty broad though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

This reveal show is probably the least hype I've been for one in a while. Mostly because destruction was such a big part of the last one that I'm not expecting anything for me this time so I'm ready to coast for a while. Hopefully that FEC stuff is cool though

I'm hyped for the AoS part, but not for anything else. Probably going to watch it without chat to completely ignore the 'AoS sux!11!!!!' spam you always see when there's both TOW and AoS reveals in the same day.

Can't wait to see the new FeC and Dawnbringers 3! And I still have very slight hope that FS are going to get something more during Dawnbringers. Curious to see the Kurnothi design (I'm hoping more Skaeth's Wild Hunt and much less Qulathis so they will actually fit Sylvaneth) and if we actually see Kurnoth. And I'm excited to see if they have any surprises in store for us!

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

So we're definitely getting Sylvaneth/Kurnothi, but what are the symbols on the bugs? Could they mean something? Have they already appeared elsewhere? Am I looking too much into this?

Silent People obviously :P

It's probably the Kurnothi sub-faction symbol. 

32 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

IMG-20231011-WA0013.jpg

Kurnothi or Sylvaneth has made me somehow even more excited!!

1 minute ago, silverstu said:

Khorne- one of the bugs has a red skull, Kurnothi- antler skull, the other ..there are jagged triangles - maybe FEC or Mawtribes?

Sweet Gaping Maw if Ogors get a surprise release and its the long awaited Butcher....