The Rumour Thread

17 minutes ago, lele said:

Dozen means about 12 - 14 factions, maybe

In the interest of not getting our hopes up I think plenty of us are assuming 12, and then hoping for 13/14. But should be plenty still to come.

My guess is Skaven won't get anything, as they're likely to be the focus of 4th ed but otherwise I could see any faction getting updates.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

23 minutes ago, EonChao said:

My guess is Skaven won't get anything, as they're likely to be the focus of 4th ed but otherwise I could see any faction getting updates.

I'd actually say that makes them more likely to get something - necrons had a new character at the tail end of 8th, destruction had a new character at the tail end of 2nd... OK I suppose tyranids didn't get anything at the end of 9th, but we could say they're the exception that confirms the rule? :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Souleater said:

Not to get anyone’s hopes up but here in England thirteen is referred to as a Bakers Dozen.

...it's called "a baker's dozen" because it's thirteen. No one uses "a dozen" to mean thirteen.

(IIRC it was illegal for loaves of bread to be under a certain weight, so to make sure that they didn't get in trouble when a baker sold a dozen loaves of bread they'd throw in an extra. To make sure they made weight. So people started referring to thirteen as a baker's dozen.)

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Chikout said:

This is the slide they showed at Warhammer fest and Eddie clarified that to be over a dozen factions. Screenshot_20231006-173609.png.7593a6c5e60e6cc5623ada6c4b38b334.png

Eddie also said it was a multi book series but  never stated the exact number of books. 

I wonder if they are counting subfactions or armies.

1 minute ago, Gitzdee said:

They counting Trugg and Rabble Rowza as the same faction? At least 12 seems like a lot.

I imagine they're counting them as different factions. Assuming there are only 4 books, there are at least 7 factions still to go with 2 books, which is quite a lot if it's not just single hero releases. With FeC coming up too it's hard for me to imagine there being a lot of other models coming out at the same time with a book. Callis and Toll I can see happening, but a Kurnothi expansion for Sylvaneth and possibly even an expansion for Fyreslayers at the same time like some rumours go? We'd still not even be at 9 armies then.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Noserenda said:

Hell it might still be a prototype they arent planning on releasing like the dwarf command sprue i saw again recently, we just dont know yet.

What dwarf command sprue? You are Not speaking of the FW dwarf command group?

Can you Link it please?

19 minutes ago, Charly2912 said:

What dwarf command sprue? You are Not speaking of the FW dwarf command group?

Can you Link it please?

They are probably referring to the unreleased 2009(?) Dwarf Lord plastic kit.

http://www.bugmansbrewery.com/topic/25520-the-unreleased-lord-sprue/

First time I've seen this, and the first time I realised that WHFB only had metal/resin Dwarf Lords.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

They are probably referring to the unreleased 2009(?) Dwarf Lord plastic kit.

http://www.bugmansbrewery.com/topic/25520-the-unreleased-lord-sprue/

First time I've seen this, and the first time I realised that WHFB only had metal/resin Dwarf Lords.

Technically there was the Battle for Skull Pass Lord who was plastic.

I've always been torn on the unreleased plastic Lord. It doesn't look like it was a very good sculpt, especially compared to the other multi-part characters of the time (Empire General on Horse, etc) and I think the metal Lord/BSB we got in it's place was much better, but I still think it would have been nice for conversion potential.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

They counting Trugg and Rabble Rowza as the same faction? At least 12 seems like a lot.

Yes of course.

3 hours ago, Snarff said:

If they're for example counting Orruk Warclans as 1 or Kruleboyz and Bonesplitterz as 2 I imagine.

I see... that's hard to answer. I'm not sure what GW wants to do with Orruks.

3 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

12 is only half of the factions in AoS right now so it's probably not that out there, especially considering most will only get a mini or two

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm assuming it'll mostly be single heroes and the like, with a couple of factions getting larger releases, so 12 factions seems very doable.  Though, that said, the final Broken Realms book did bring a few larger, centerpiece models with it, so there's room for some surprises I suppose.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Garrac said:

since there are still like 8-9 months left of Age of Sigmar

Oh. No point in buying any more miniatures then I guess. It was fun whilst it lasted.

4 hours ago, EntMan said:

I wonder if this'll eventually show up in The Old World?

Doubtful, the rumour was the dwarf king mould was dropped and broken. A load of the sprues made it into the wild (presumable test runs) and I'd be surprised if they forked out to make a new mould just for the old world. The old models are not up to par with new sculpts, its one thing to re-release old models you still have the mould for.

• Confused 1