The Rumour Thread

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

The more the merrier.

Also, I am not aware at 100% of all of them. Who are the Dogrukhs? Google doesn't want to answer me 😅

Drogrukh are the Kragnos folk....they are extinct in the lore though i think gw could make an interesting narrative to bring them back in the timeline.
They already did with the Draconith (their eggs saved by the Seraphon) so i don't think is too far fetched.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Part of the Kruleboyz problem is their mw output. You look for 6s to hit or buff as much as you can to improve that mw output. That's because kruleboyz can't take a hit unless you pay for a bunch of points to have a wounds wall.

Imho, instead of doing mw, we could have a range of venoms with diferent debuffs, without the need to stack shamans and sludgerackers on a blob of archers or a legion of guttrippaz to just kill anything that is in range with a mountain of mw

Here's the math for 6 boltboyz, no buffs vs fully buffed using hasty shot
image.png.07baaa4d7762f584390d5cd666a7da14.png

its fine, the hasty shot is where the money is at but its easy to play around it. If you go more into the probabilities things start looking far worse though.
The average damage of the fully buffed hasty shot vs a 3+ save is 13.72, but your chance of being 13 damage or less is 48.88%, and the chance of being under 14 is 57%.
The math is worse for the buffless version, who have a 48% chance of being 7 or less, but a whopping 71% chance of being 8 or less damage.
Basically the average damage of the army is skewed so heavily by the potential for it to spike. All of your most likely damage outcomes are noticeably below the average.
To make them more competitive they should try to make the damage more consistent and less wholly reliant on rolling 6's. Its not their damage potential thats bad, its the probabilities. Also they can fall pretty flat as soon as ward saves start showing up because their damage is balanced around not being resisted.

That said I absolutely agree, debuffs should be the army's bread and butter based on their narrative and they're not great at it. 

15 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Sounds a lot like Spiderfang and they have never been in a good place.

8 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Not even close. Spiderfang are already a watered version of EVW...

Spiderfang are a very different army, I played them at a GT a few weeks back and came away feeling like they were better kruleboyz. Sure spider venom has less buff potential than VEW and applies to less attacks, but they actually have good allegiance abilities, and are mobile. I was playing Kings Gitz with a clammy hand arachnarok. Doing things like throwing 15 spider riders up the board with the snuffler ward felt good, as did stacking attacks with snufflers and sporesplattas, plus the army has a lot of recursion and movement. 

With kruleboyz you're weak at taking objectives, are very reliant on your damage, and you lose tempo quickly since you lack any kind of healing/recursion. Spiderfang is more of an army you focus on board control with, since you can get lots of cheap, fast, recycling bodies, teleporting pie plates, and strong defensive buffs and debuffs. They've also got above average magic, and can do some dirty stuff with endless spells if primal dice weren't around this season like planting an arachnarok behind scuttletide to be effectively unchargeable. 

What most of this means is that the lottery mortals mechanic just works better for spiderfang, who aren't relying on their damage as much to win the game, but it can turn things in their favor if it happens at the right time.

15 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

I'm a little confused, I think I have missed an important rumour or something. Has something come out stating there are going to be ranges cut?

Many are speculating bonesplitterz will be cut. They were left out of the recent orruk release stuff, have missed any kind of balance changes for 2 or 3 balance passes including missing out on getting a pity battle tactic, despite both ironjawz and kruleboyz getting one, they were nerfed a few times in a row when they were performing pretty well, mostly due to the meta, and have since fallen into the dumps and aren't even being shown on the metawatch stats anymore. They just kept taking weird nerfs too and never got internal balance attention for some of the terrible stuff.

Seems like they might get squatted because GW seems to be going out of their way to keep them in the gutters and ignore them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ganigumo said:

I was brainstorming how I'd write some new rules for kruleboyz, and one of the ideas I came up with was special command abilities that you issue to your opponents units that apply debuffs or other effects. The narrative being playing tricks, sowing confusion, and mimicking enemy soldiers in the chaos of the battlefield. They would do stuff like reducing hit/wound, negating inspiring presence and forcing the opponent to retreat.
The other allegiance abilities I jotted down were the grinnin blades ability army-wide and keeping the kruleboyz waaagh!

Then changes to the subfactions, with grinnin blades getting a free outside of 12" teleport every turn (obscured by the mist), big yellerz getting bonuses for not moving(they're canonically lazy), and skulbugz blocking commands on a roll within 3"

Actual grinnin blades and big yellers subfaction bonus aren’t bad . Skullbugz one is useless they should have a bonus to poison according to their lore . 
I think if the dirty tricks are something similar to CoS orders and if shaman could bring the mire fog that would gives bonus to the units inside the fog, that would definitelly help  kruleboyz . They are supposed to be sneaky and attack their opponent with ambush and traps , so maybe some mechanics around strike first or teleport unit inside the fog could work really well with Kb lore . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

"If".

Still something to considered.

the only reason AoS had late battletome releases like Soulblight and Deepkin before an edition change was because those battletomes where still valid going into the next edition. It may not be so if they do a reset of the system and any new battletomes would just be invalidated in less then two months of validity 

2 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

Actual grinnin blades and big yellers subfaction bonus aren’t bad . Skullbugz one is useless they should have a bonus to poison according to their lore . 
I think if the dirty tricks are something similar to CoS orders and if shaman could bring the mire fog that would gives bonus to the units inside the fog, that would definitelly help  kruleboyz . They are supposed to be sneaky and attack their opponent with ambush and traps , so maybe some mechanics around strike first or teleport unit inside the fog could work really well with Kb lore . 

Grinnin blades subfaction IS good, but it has also pretty much become the ability the army is known for, which is why I think it makes sense to just make it available to the whole army and give grinnin blades something new. Narratively it fits the entire army as well, grinnin blades aren't the only ones who hide in the mists they're just the best at it.

Kruleboyz aren't nearly as stealthy as many players think they are. Sure they do use stealth and traps, but those are just part of their arsenal to commit war crimes. They're masters of psychological warfare, fear tactics, and playing dirty. They do it compulsively, even in situations where brute force would get them an easy win. Stuff like poisoning food and water supplies, being loud to sleep deprive the enemy army, kidnapping and tormenting scouts to use as examples, etc. Unless they're forced to they basically never engage the enemy unless they're thoroughly crippled.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Drogrukh are the Kragnos folk....they are extinct in the lore though i think gw could make an interesting narrative to bring them back in the timeline.
They already did with the Draconith (their eggs saved by the Seraphon) so i don't think is too far fetched.

Maybe they return as a pony for King Brodds bday.

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Always loved the fluff for FEC, but the left over WFB kits (thought really nice) never really fit the idea of them. Excellent to see new kit coming for them where at least the weapons lean into the idea behind them. Whats even better is that these should hit the shelves around the same time as the TOW bretonnian. I honestly can't wait to see what mad armies people come up with finally! (Without having to sell a kidney for parts that is!)

• Like 3

Btw I just found out we are getting few updates to ranges that were introuduced for the first time in Underworlds season 3 (Beastgrave). Wolf riders (Rippa snarlfangs), orruk weirdboyz (Morgok Krushas), Kurnothi (Skaeth wild hunt), new ghouls (Grymwatch). So maybe that is rough timeline for testing waters with new models and then actually producing them for AoS range. (4 years)

Edited by Aleser
  • Like 6

45 minutes ago, Aleser said:

Btw I just found out we are getting few updates to ranges that were introuduced for the first time in Underworlds season 3 (Beastgrave). Wolf riders (Rippa snarlfangs), orruk weirdboyz (Morgok Krushas), Kurnothi (Skaeth wild hunt), new ghouls (Grymwatch). So maybe that is rough timeline for testing waters with new models and then actually producing them for AoS range. (4 years)

BoC update with Morghur in Dawnbringers V confirmed!

Polish_20230930_114416374.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5