The Rumour Thread

Just now, Vagard said:

I agree but the roadmap is only for 2023

image.png.443bd1c3dacd4211f78a48a15d39adee.png

So if we follow what you said, the only "2023 winter month" according to GW is december. But it is true that there is always few releases during december. Maybe just a reveal? 

Or it's just an oversight, and they forgot to add "-2024" on the end.

Orrrr... GW has time travel capability and the books came out earlier this year in the other 2023 winter months per your definition!

• Haha 3

It probably an oversight, their graphic team has been off lately with putting wrong logos on their preview

historically GW Winter is Q1 of the year (Jan Feb and early March) and they rarely release anything big in December because they go on a two week holiday during Christmas (maybe a underworld warband like Grinkrak Looncourt or a small MESG release at the beginning of the month) 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, PJetski said:

It would be weird if Dawnbringers ended in December 2023 and leaves a 6+ month gap before the release of 4th edition next summer.

They must finish 3th anyway. And I think they will release 4th next spring as soon as possible, maybe february or march

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

2 minutes ago, lele said:

They must finish 3th anyway. And I think they will release 4th next spring as soon as possible, maybe february or march

Are you ok? Everyone has said that 4th edition will launch next summer as it always does. Are you getting the 4th edition of AoS and the 4th Dawnbringer book confused? 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, lele said:

New editions have always been June/July release dates. I think the only editions that haven't been were 40k & WHFB 7th editions (May and September)

I'd love a Grimnir magmatic Avatar like the eldar one.
As Grungni said Grimnir's return is still far and the set is not ready to bring that....but little avatar statues of Duardin majesty could be the way to empower his prowess in battle in a "new way"(maybe with some weapon options to differ his different aspects).
Another monstrous cavalry centerpiece it would be redundant with the Droth so i'd prefer a new idea.
Slayers need also a special character to give them more narrative potential....maybe the fyrequeen of the Lofnir(iirc?) Lodge on top of a beautiful war altar.
I'm still mad that the war altar idea was "an option" during the 7th edition of whfb when the designers were creating the new dwarf range and still we got nothing.....Fyreslayer could embrace something like that (war altar of Grimnir).

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

What inspired this change of attitude? You seemed thoroughly pessimistic before. Did you hear something?

Great things /= a lot of things.

I say the same, I'm not expecting more than 1 or 2 boxes for the Dawnbringer factions releases

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Malakithe said:

No...they definitely dont need another Hero/Character. They need more actual playable units and not just wasted one off Underworld things or more heroes to add to the pool

While i agree on no more heroes a special character as a face of the faction could be useful to sell them more (other a much needed miniature and troops wave).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

32 minutes ago, Vagard said:

Hope we will have a lot of news in 2 weeks! Do you have any wishes? 

(Dawnbringer 3 and FeC seems pretty obvious but can we have something else by any chance?) 

Lots of wishes but I think we will see what you have said. As the reveal is for more systems you won’t see much more than that. 

21 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

We can expect that one line of product could dissapear in the near future

It really does seem like you've heard something. 

If I was to guess at a line disappearing it would be either Bonesplittas, spiderfang or BoC in that order of likelyhood. I really hope that isn't true though. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

It really does seem like you've heard something. 

If I was to guess at a line disappearing it would be either Bonesplittas, spiderfang or BoC in that order of likelyhood. I really hope that isn't true though. 

They can discontinue of course some old kits but all current 24 factions will stay :

zbfejWz.jpg

• Like 4

Can we expect something else than FEC for the winter BT ?

Let me explain, that mysterious BT could be “Chorf” or “Umbraneth” as new antagonists in Dawnbringer 3, and Ushoran could return in the end of Dawnbringer 4 with a new FEC BT in early spring 2024. What do you think ? 🤔

(Sound wishlisting when I write it)

1 hour ago, Lucien 2L said:

Can we expect something else than FEC for the winter BT ?

Let me explain, that mysterious BT could be “Chorf” or “Umbraneth” as new antagonists in Dawnbringer 3, and Ushoran could return in the end of Dawnbringer 4 with a new FEC BT in early spring 2024. What do you think ? 🤔

(Sound wishlisting when I write it)

It's almost certainly Flesh Eaters. They are the last faction who need a battletome to bring them in line with all other armies. 

Plus we've seen the leaked pic of the ghoul sprue. 

• Like 6