The Rumour Thread

I am really expecting Underworlds core box after 2 week of Space Marines. It will be just a day difference then last year when they released Gnarlwood at that time. They have been consistent with new Underworlds core boxes to last 6 months and it make sense to put something less atractive for wider audience after those big weeks.

Edited by Aleser

The presence of the Fyreslayer and Kruelboy teams in the photo makes me wonder if that seals the deal on them both being standalone boxes.

BNfIwvtnTp777riZ.jpg

Almost makes me wonder if they were planned to be part of a boxset together and they pulled out the individual parts? The terrain looks about right for their usual Versus sets. The Starfire Pylon - although it's from a Seraphon ship - looks a lot like the Vulkite Berserker helmet crests, plus the name.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Just now, Clan's Cynic said:

The presence of the Fyreslayer and Kruelboy teams makes me wonder if that seals the deal on them both being standalone boxes.

BNfIwvtnTp777riZ.jpg

Almost makes me wonder if they were planned to be part of a boxset together and they pulled out the individual parts? The terrain looks about right for their usual Versus sets.

The poor sales of the last two boxes could be the culprit of that decision.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

The poor sales of the last two boxes could be the culprit of that decision.

I'd be very surprised if this is true. GW usually complete production 6 months before release. Nightmare quest only came out 4 months ago. I do hope this method is successful though. I'd love to be able to buy this terrain set and the warcry realmshaper engine without any other minis. 

4 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I'd be very surprised if this is true. GW usually complete production 6 months before release. Nightmare quest only came out 4 months ago. I do hope this method is successful though. I'd love to be able to buy this terrain set and the warcry realmshaper engine without any other minis. 

The decided to cancel the launchment of Epic at the last mintue. They are improving the reaction time.

4 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

The decided to cancel the launchment of Epic at the last mintue. They are improving the reaction time.

Yeah but that was forced by errors in the book and will definitely have cost them a bunch of money. They would not have cancelled the launch if they thought they could get away with it. A product not selling particularly well is a very different thing. Also a quick Google check tells me that the last two warcry boxes are only readily available in America and not the rest of the world so they can't have sold that badly. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The presence of the Fyreslayer and Kruelboy teams in the photo makes me wonder if that seals the deal on them both being standalone boxes.

BNfIwvtnTp777riZ.jpg

Almost makes me wonder if they were planned to be part of a boxset together and they pulled out the individual parts? The terrain looks about right for their usual Versus sets. The Starfire Pylon - although it's from a Seraphon ship - looks a lot like the Vulkite Berserker helmet crests, plus the name.

Everything here screams like it was supposed to be a Vs boxset like the previous season to me but since they specifically called it a terrain set named Savage Lands: Scales of Talaxis it seems like it will be a solo release. And that would in turn mean that the Fyreslayers/Kruleboyz will likely be solo releases too. They could theoretically still be a dual box like the Cities/Ogors one but I think individual boxes are likelier.

Still hope they might go both ways with a limited boxset but the individual boxes being available from the start too instead of months later as I want everything here and a boxset would mean a nice discount for me 😅

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 1

Just now, Matrindur said:

Everything here screams like it was supposed to be a Vs boxset like the previous season to me but since they specifically called it a terrain set named Savage Lands: Scales of Talaxis it seems like it will be a solo release. And that would in turn mean that the Fyreslayers/Kruleboyz will likely be solo releases too. They could theoretically still be a dual box like the Cities/Ogors one but I think individual boxes are likelier

I definitely prefer them releasing their terrain sets separately. It's cool to have a nice box with terrain and two warbands if you actually want everything in that bundle, but if you just want a certain warband or the terrain it's a bit of a hassle.

The whole terrain section on the webstore looks kind of barren right now, by the way. Are Gnawholes just no longer a thing? It seems they are not available anymore.

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

BNfIwvtnTp777riZ.jpg

I love this new terrain. Reminds me of the Eldar Webway gate but for AoS. I hope it stays long term on the webstore - terrain tends to have a short lifespan there.

I liked the made to order of 40k terrain, I'd be cool if they did the same for AoS.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I definitely prefer them releasing their terrain sets separately. It's cool to have a nice box with terrain and two warbands if you actually want everything in that bundle, but if you just want a certain warband or the terrain it's a bit of a hassle.

Normally yes but I actually want everything here. Couldn't they have waited for the next one to stop the boxes 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I am somewhat expecting them to come out next edition. In this edition, the Dawnbringers are constructing their new strong points. In the next one, they should hopefully be finished.

Unless Brodd and Trugg smashes them all. Maybe then we would get crumbs and ruins as a release.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

For a second I thought they finally released those completed Dawnbringer houses.

But new Seraphon/Warcry terrain is pretty neat, too.

Maybe the CoS terrain isn't actually from a model kit. When the ossiarchs launched they had some great terrain pieces appearing in pictures of the army, but after the full launch gw revealed that the terrain was custom built by the eavy metal team. Maybe it is the same story here