The Rumour Thread

18 minutes ago, novakai said:

I doubt that the action they will take considering that is seem categorization and making armies similarly unique is more of GW design philosophy.

I think writing is on the wall that City will eventually just be all human in the end as they want an all human race in AoS regardless of what people felt or assume what  city was suppose to be

at the end of the day it started of as a dumping ground for old model and it doesn’t look like discontinuation of Old world models is going to stop

It was a dumping ground/ passion project for Sam Pearson but it turns out that people loved it. GW has absolutely learnt in recent years that listening to customer requests is a gold mine. That's why we got Sisters of Battle, Leagues of Votann, and the whole special studios project. The desire for more Aelves and Duardin in Cities has been almost universal since the cities update was announced but at that point the minis were already done. GW would be leaving money on the table by not fulfilling that request in the future. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

My initial thought was something FEC, but after looking closer it looks like a birds foot, like an eagle or something since there are 3 talons on the front that are all separated, and they throw skulls onto everything.
Which armies use birds though? Kruleboyz & Tzeentch? A lot of Tzeentch heroes have bird-like feet. If its kruleboyz maybe some sort of swamp strider flightless bird like an ostrich or Emu?

19 minutes ago, Chikout said:

It was a dumping ground/ passion project for Sam Pearson but it turns out that people loved it. GW has absolutely learnt in recent years that listening to customer requests is a gold mine. That's why we got Sisters of Battle, Leagues of Votann, and the whole special studios project. The desire for more Aelves and Duardin in Cities has been almost universal since the cities update was announced but at that point the minis were already done. GW would be leaving money on the table by not fulfilling that request in the future. 

I feel your making big assumption on GW parts, they not really a reactionary company but rather by the book and conservative business structure.

largely people who say leaving money on the table are often not realize there really no money on the table

47 minutes ago, novakai said:

I doubt that the action they will take considering that is seem categorization and making armies similarly unique is more of GW design philosophy.

I think writing is on the wall that City will eventually just be all human in the end as they want an all human race in AoS regardless of what people felt or assume what  city was suppose to be

at the end of the day it started of as a dumping ground for old model and it doesn’t look like discontinuation of Old world models is going to stop

It might have started as a "dumping ground", but many saw that it was actually quite a fun concept and then various authors, writers and designers took that upon their hearts to make something out of it: build the world, stories, narratives and fluff with it in mind, and in doing so many noticed that the "dumping ground" idea kind of worked (from the worldbuilding perspective).

Certainly, that "dumping ground" idea was one of the crucial core draws that catched my interest for the entire setting and I wouldn't have poured my time and money into it, if every race just lived in their own bitter bubbles with little to no interaction with each other beyond hate, war or antagonism (like it seems to be case in WH40K). If that changed now, I would most likely be immediately out. 

That said, all these years I have resisted the urge to buy the old miniatures, because I have been optimistic that we'll get them modernized soon, because of all the past worldbuilding. Right now, as the Cities are finally getting focus, I am truly hopeful for a second wave that brings us the proper City aelves, duardin and others. Then I can finally make the dream come true and realise the modern looking AoS army that I have craved for so long for the Cities. The humans are mostly there now, now I would only need the aelves and duardin! :)

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, novakai said:

I feel your making big assumption on GW parts, they not really a reactionary company but rather by the book and conservative business structure.

largely people who say leaving money on the table are often not realize there really no money on the table

Being reactionary is conservative. That's how most companies do business: release a product, listen to customer feedback, iterate.  There's a strong argument to be made that Hollywood relies on customer feedback from test screenings a little too much.

10th edition was a reaction to the bloat that players complained about in 9th. The Ironjawz pdf was a reaction to the complaints about Lumineth in Broken Realms. The Old world was a reaction to the complaints about the death of the old world. Sisters of battle were the number one request in a customer survey. Every Ghb has been a reaction to the last. The mere existence of any kind of ghb is a reaction to the complaints about the lack of points when AoS launched. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 10

45 minutes ago, SilentSentinel said:

At first glance the rumour engine does look FEC related but it does look very skeletal so it could also be something for the Bonereapers.

Could be for the Old World- there is a Liche riding an undead dragon coming according to Valrak.

Edited by silverstu
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Being reactionary is conservative. That's how most companies do business: release a product, listen to customer feedback, iterate.  There's a strong argument to be made that Hollywood relies on customer feedback from test screenings a little too much.

10th edition was a reaction to the bloat that players complained about in 9th. The Ironjawz pdf was a reaction to the complaints about Lumineth in Broken Realms. The Old world was a reaction to the complaints about the death of the old world. Sisters of battle were the number one request in a customer survey. Every Ghb has been a reaction to the last. The mere existence of any kind of ghb is a reaction to the complaints about the lack of points when AoS launched. 

But they still do what they want to do over what most people want/think/ assume they to do, 

we would have digital rule set, less battletome releases, no paywall apps, and less ambiguous rules on their fans RTS

what people are asking of city is beyond the bounds and parity they set up between other armies, most armies won’t get to at much support or expansions out of its core identity and Cities is not some golden goose exception to their design philosophy 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Do we usually get RE for games outside of AoS and 40k? I don't know, but if we do I don't think we are in the point where we would have TOW RE yet.

We've had a few Heresy, Underworlds and War Cry ones in the last year iirc.

I think a couple have been resin, even.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

4 minutes ago, 01rtb01 said:

Is there a rough timeline of releases at the moment? There's CoS second wave to drop, the new marine codex/ wave and the mkiii/ deredeo/ proteus box as well.

Thanks in advance :)

Not really apart from people guessing. But anything that has been shown at a preview is usually out over next few months (apart from Legions Imperialis grrr..). 

Bout time I chose a picture more suitable for this Age of Sigmar sanctum.

I don't think the new RE will be Old World related. The skull on the base definitely looks like a Plaguebearer's and as far as we know, GW stated daemons aren't a massive threat (supported faction) in this new Old World period,  so I don't think they'd use any as base decorations.

I completely forgot Marines were due their new Codex drop, Terminators will be nice but I can't bloody wait for the new Gorger set!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

IMG_9347.png.23b139089b330780093bb619adf99229.png

could those feet be something for a new zombie dragon for FEC?!?

Interesting. And could go as well with the wings we are assuming are from a Morghast.

2023-08-29.jpg

Maybe the new FEC models have this kind of looks for their dragons/ dragon equivalent and it is more feasible than a Morghast as we know FEC units are coming.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Interesting. And could go as well with the wings we are assuming are from a Morghast.

2023-08-29.jpg

Maybe the new FEC models have this kind of looks for their dragons/ dragon equivalent and it is more feasible than a Morghast as we know FEC units are coming.

Long shot…… but what if it was a kind of dual kit and was for FEC, OBR and SBGL.

Considering the old kit is used for FEC and SBGL already. They could make it have some variety and different heroes that ride it for each faction. 

If so that would be a pretty sweet release to go with one of the dawnbringer narrative book releases. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

Long shot…… but what if it was a kind of dual kit and was for FEC, OBR and SBGL.

Considering the old kit is used for FEC and SBGL already. They could make it have some variety and different heroes that ride it for each faction. 

If so that would be a pretty sweet release to go with one of the dawnbringer narrative book releases. 

While it would be absolutely hilarious if the way they make the Soulreaper stop sucking is by giving him a big, murderous pet zombie dragon to supplement his otherwise lacking durability, it’s too major of a departure from the relatively clean aesthetic of the Ossiarchs. It’d be dope, but I wouldn’t count on it. 

6 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Not really apart from people guessing. But anything that has been shown at a preview is usually out over next few months (apart from Legions Imperialis grrr..). 

Eh up Gaz! Are you the Gaz Taylor from the Midlands?! I lived in Halesowen around 2006-2008. If you're the Gaz I think, I hope you're keeping well!

If you're not the Gaz I think, I still hope you're keeping well lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Did GW hinted us the launch of the Warcry box, with CoS and Ogors, with their illustration on Instagram? Or is it not happening soon?

For now, I know only about marines, unfortunately 😕 It doesn't mean warcry is not coming, though - I simply don't know anything more

• Thanks 4