The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Snarff said:

I really love that, it fits the themes of AoS perfectly, though it's probably going to ****** quite some players off

I think that is why I love AOS you can disagree with the narrative descision and theme your army around orthodoxy to the Old World if you want, or just get weird with it and go head first into High Fantasy tropes and Gods hanging out with their followers. 

So if you want to make a Daughters of Khaine Coven, Chaos Cult or Duardin City on square bases using WHFB models dedicated to bringing back the old world that would weirdly fit right into AOS lore. I keep thinking if people like the setting of the old world just set your games there.

I am not confident that the Old World wasn't in its own version of the realms and that Age of Sigmar is a more epic setting in a never ending cycle of Chaos, Order, Death and Destruction that stretches to eternity and back. But then again I did have a Fungoid Cave-Shaman make me a delicious Mushroom Risotto for lunch. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Mutton said:

So you're telling me they hid a major Dwarf narrative shift inside of an issue of White Dwarf? I know the magazine is named after him, but almost no one is going to be aware of this. Sounds like an event that should have been in a Dawnbringer book.

There are still other similar collections though if we consider KO lore...

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson

1 hour ago, Mutton said:

So you're telling me they hid a major Dwarf narrative shift inside of an issue of White Dwarf? I know the magazine is named after him, but almost no one is going to be aware of this. Sounds like an event that should have been in a Dawnbringer book.

This is how a lot of major Fyreslayers lore shifts happen too. Like the main lodge not being patriarchal anymore, but then nothing happens with it until it's either picked up by a BL book, a battletome, or forgotten.

Grungi confirming that Grimnir is 'not yet' ready to return is another huge one that was only recently published in Grombrindal: Chronicles of the Wanderer

5 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

They just ended, and he did the unthinkable.....

Hide contents

Grombrindal destroyed the Book of Grudges.

Doesn't matter, I've made a new one, with glittery, colorful stickers! 🤙 I'll call it hatebook, perhaps I should go online with it. So far every filled page details my endless hate for Lumineth but I'm sure some fine dwarf can add a few lines, there are still a few pages left without my scribbles after all! Don't say I've never done anything for our vertically-challenged friends!

1 hour ago, Mutton said:

Sounds like an event that should be ignored. 🤭 Can't have a world without hate! 😎👌

Edited by MitGas

From the latest episode of Loremasters re the coin malleus. 

"Even some supposed allies are disturbed by the presence of so many Sigmarites, such as the groves of the most bitter hearted and isolationist of the sylvaneth who may respond aggressively to hordes of mortals cutting down forests for fuel and timber on their way through."

Maybe a hint as to why if it is the ghyran crusade that fails. 

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, Baz said:

"Even some supposed allies are disturbed by the presence of so many Sigmarites, such as the groves of the most bitter hearted and isolationist of the sylvaneth who may respond aggressively to hordes of mortals cutting down forests for fuel and timber on their way through."

Also might be a set up for a certain God of the hunt to come out of hiding to pursue the interlopers.

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

Just now, Neverchosen said:

Also might be a set up for a certain God of the hunt to come out of hiding to pursue the interlopers.

I hope so!

Although it does remind me of some text on the warhammer community page when they announced the broken realms books and specifically they mentioned alarielle going into a rage and turning on allies and enemies alike. We never saw this happen in the broken realms series and I still think there was an alarielle book due to come out to show all this happening but because of covid they decided not to bother. 

It was also strange that they went straight into the ritual of life by alarielle at the beginning of the final book without any explanation or reasoning previously which also makes me think that there was something planned book wise but cancelled. Maybe we might see some version of this storyline in the dawnbringers books? 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Copywolf said:

I don't think it was The one but a one.

Edited because I don't know how to do the spoiler tag.

This makes sense to me. AFAIK the OG one was destroyed with the World-that-Was. Presumably other, minor ones, would have been written since. But I've never read about a specific one being central to Duardin (as opposed to Dawi) culture.

7 hours ago, Baz said:

I hope so!

Although it does remind me of some text on the warhammer community page when they announced the broken realms books and specifically they mentioned alarielle going into a rage and turning on allies and enemies alike. We never saw this happen in the broken realms series and I still think there was an alarielle book due to come out to show all this happening but because of covid they decided not to bother. 

It was also strange that they went straight into the ritual of life by alarielle at the beginning of the final book without any explanation or reasoning previously which also makes me think that there was something planned book wise but cancelled. Maybe we might see some version of this storyline in the dawnbringers books? 

That storyline is on the Core book

11 hours ago, Mutton said:

That's weird to do.

I hope to see this type of things fixe'd or used as some type of chronology for AOS in the future. At least, each book should have their own timeline, linking events between books to make the whole setting a bit more credible, and use other medias to deeply explain this events.

10 hours ago, Baz said:

It could be, but I think the main purpose of this kind of narratives is to set a status quo where all factions despite being in the same alliance have an ingame reason to fight each other

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beliman said:

That's weird to do.

I hope to see this type of things fixe'd or used as some type of chronology for AOS in the future. At least, each book should have their own timeline, linking events between books to make the whole setting a bit more credible, and use other medias to deeply explain this events.

They did the same during the Broken Realms campaign. 

39 minutes ago, Fellman said:

This might be fake/wishlisting but i found it on discord take it with lots of salt but att least its a rumor
If this picture brakes any rules please remove it371814161_237303212176798_3550147942956897617_n.png?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=uH60D3c71UwAX9mjS8h&_nc_ht=scontent-arn2-1.xx&oh=03_AdR7IBhRmRl8KAMpQh5dB8kjGn_NPlV3yTNBngPuV3o-Jw&oe=6520C317

It is fake, It is the wishlist of the podcast Stormkeep

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

It is fake, It is the wishlist of the podcast Stormkeep

I really gotta watch that video then.

The skaven wishlist of wishing something unknown seems preposterous.

Edit: by the way, of which podcast are we talking about?

Edited by Skreech Verminking

22 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

I know (previous campaigns had similar problems too). And for whatever reason, we still have problems to follow the main narrative for our own armies.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, YoghurtKobold said:

Btw. do we have some rumours about Idoneth? Because since their release 5 years ago they received exactly one model in AoS (not counting Underworlds). Even Fyreslayers had more luck. :D

But you got a Crab and a Squid. Who cares about a full army release when you have Crabs and Squids?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1