The Rumour Thread

36 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Actually like him way better without the beard. Will have to change the ancient text to "stunties suck" in great greenskin fashion.

Well, according to the preview they are cave paintings done by the ancient and long lost civilization. So far more civilized than pesky green skins.

5 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The trend in 3rd has definitely been to move away from soup armies. I would personally not count on big waaagh sticking around.

I don’t see the point of removing big waaagh just for the sake of splitting BT. 
it always be popular and perform in the meta , giving players the possibility of playing only gork with IJ or only Mork with Kruleboyz , or gorkamorka with big waaagh . 
removing it will not improve neither IJ or Kruleboyz , just remove one playstyle . 
also IJ and KB don’t need to have separated BT to have better enhancement / mount trait / battle tactic or whatever. You can improve them in a single battle tome , just add more pages to the BT . 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

3e hasn't really moved away from soup armies has it?
None of the 2e soup tomes got unsouped, and they definitely focused more on modular design in the early parts of the edition, and shied away from linear design a lot.
Depending on your definition of soup there's an argument that this edition is soupier than the last because of how much linear incentives got reduced. Inter-book mixing was definitely reduced, but intra-book faction mixing increased. There's a lot bigger incentive to do mixed chamber stormcast lists, mixed tribe gitz lists, mixed mortals/daemons in chaos books, mixed gutbusters/BCR, etc.

• Like 1

Have to say Trugg left me cold. Maybe with another paintjob I'd warm to it, but at this point just making things bigger and crowder doesn't do it for me.

Ironjawz, on the other hand, look great. I really like the Weirdbrutes, althought I agree these guys along the monster-hunting kruleboyz aren't a good sign for Bonesplitterz.

The highlight for me was the bretonian lady, which came as a surprise to me as I never cared that much for bretonian or vanilla humans, but there's something about it's simplicity that works for me.
I would have prefered a reveal with more meat to it, but I guess they're being consistent with all the meager Old World previews that have came before.

And I'm glad they're finally releasing a new BB team. Not only that, but it seems like the box would offer all the positionals, which is always welcomed when it happens.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, EntMan said:

Well, according to the preview they are cave paintings done by the ancient and long lost civilization. So far more civilized than pesky green skins.

Extremely wise and noble cavemen wrote that important message on his belly! Trugg agreed wholeheartedly with them (before trying to convince them that getting eaten by him is a true honor) but their words are at least immortalized!

Those ardboyz... From worst to best ironjawz model (except maybe heroes). Hope we'll have banner and musician option for them. The big brutes looks to similar to actual brutes (and shadespire band of course). Hope we'll have more weapons options.

The blacksmith is cool but his head... is a copy of another brute head... right ?

But... I NEED DEM WRIGHT NOWZZZZZ

• Like 2

Wait and see for Bonesplitterz. We Cities players waited 8 years to get attention. Same for Seraphon players. Ogre and Beastmen players will be sadly waiting even longer. Just be patient for them.

You remind of these people in 1st edition who were thinking that Slaanesh was gonna be out of AoS because he was captured by the Aelf gods, the "too mature themes" for what we assumed was a less grimdark Warhammer, the Ynnari plotline in 40k... Fast forward a few years, guess who got new minis ? I'm not worried for the crazy cavemen Orruks. Gonna wait a few years and see what happens.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AzarFreymann said:

Those ardboyz... From worst to best ironjawz model (except maybe heroes). Hope we'll have banner and musician option for them. The big brutes looks to similar to actual brutes (and shadespire band of course). Hope we'll have more weapons options.

The blacksmith is cool but his head... is a copy of another brute head... right ?

I noticed the asset copy as well. Very similar. 

I think it's cool jawz don't have banners and musicians. It kind of matches their straight to the point no messing around theme.

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, AzarFreymann said:

If they don't come with a banner and musician, I'll be kitbashing some for sure, just to complete the look. 

• Like 1

They said on stream that King Brodd Trugg would have an 'Army of Renown' focused on Troggs, Maybe if they do separate the Orruks again, that might be how they retain Big Waaagh(!)?

Also not sure if this has been mentioned yet:

Both are beset by brutish challenges in the form of Trugg and his entourage, a great stomp lead by King Brodd, and a Waaagh! spearheaded by pugnacious greenskins seen riding wild hogs of prodigious girth.

This book will also contain all the rules you need to support these three particular factions with Matched Play Armies of Renown, as well as an Army of Renown for the Kharadron Overlords themed around the Grundstok Expeditionary Force – a hard-hitting force of mercenaries who often work with other Order forces.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

I dont mind all of the options GW has regarding Orruk Warclans to be honest.

1. Stay as is.

2. KB, IJ and Bonesplitterz get their own tomes.

3. Fuse Bonesplitterz into the other factions.

4. Just straight up move Bonesplitterz to legends. 

This Ironjawz release really blasts my Chamon Orruks project into oblivion. Was planning to convert Beastsnagga Boyz into Ardboyz and use Morgoks Krushas for some Brute variation. But the new Ardboyz and Weirdbrutes are some of the best Orruks ever produced so i really want those now. I cant really use Morgoks Krushas as Brutes anymore, it would be confusing now because of the new Weirdbrutes that look the same. Hobby dilemma.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grunbag said:

I don’t see the point of removing big waaagh just for the sake of splitting BT. 
it always be popular and perform in the meta , giving players the possibility of playing only gork with IJ or only Mork with Kruleboyz , or gorkamorka with big waaagh . 
removing it will not improve neither IJ or Kruleboyz , just remove one playstyle . 
also IJ and KB don’t need to have separated BT to have better enhancement / mount trait / battle tactic or whatever. You can improve them in a single battle tome , just add more pages to the BT . 

I wouldn’t say they ever been popular only common when either something is broken or some unintentional helps them like Gobsprakk. 

generally the solo clan are play more often then big waagh

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Grunbag said:

Agree. But to have the same number of new arts, same number of unique rules, subfactions and battletraits, the same number of new photos and  the same number of stories, lore and small shots as other battletomes for each souped army, you need to have a lot of pages.

And the only battletome with 3 completely autonomous armies is the Orruk Warclans book, and it doesn't feel complete (even the rules açfor each army feels cut in half). 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Agree. But to have the same number of new arts, same number of unique rules, subfactions and battletraits, the same number of new photos and  the same number of stories, lore and small shots as other battletomes for each souped army, you need to have a lot of pages.

And the only battletome with 3 completely autonomous armies is the Orruk Warclans book, and it doesn't feel complete (even the rules açfor each army feels cut in half). 

Stormcast BT have more page , so I guess they can increase the orruk one I guess . Especially if they remove the BS from the BT that will free some space 

35 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

Stormcast BT have more page , so I guess they can increase the orruk one I guess . Especially if they remove the BS from the BT that will free some space 

I mean at that point you might as well split IJ and Kruleboyz into their own book. Warclanz is really just there to give Bonesplitterz a home since there really no place to put them otherwise. If they squat Bonesplitterz then there really not a big point of keeping Ironjawz and Kruleboyz in the same tome especially if by that time both there ranges are big enough to stand alone.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, novakai said:

I mean at that point you might as well split IJ and Kruleboyz into their own book. Warclanz is really just there to give Bonesplitterz a home since there really no place to put them otherwise. If they squat Bonesplitterz then there really not a big point of keeping Ironjawz and Kruleboyz in the same tome especially if by that time both there ranges are big enough to stand alone.

Why split them when you already can play them separately in a single battletome if you want , but it also give you a 3rd army buy living brutal and kunnin ? Split them in their own battletome will just remove one gameplay , for no gain (and more money to spend into 2 BT instead of one)

Edited by Grunbag

whilst I dont think Savage Orruks should get squatted, id rather they did if it means IJz and Kruleboyz got properly expanded, whilst im happy with what IJz have received today, they just like KBs need a book refresh. Whilst IJz warscrolls have remained strong, they have lacklustre command traits and enhancements (KBs the same) with little to no tricks really other that hero phase moves, charging in your opponents turn and double pile ins. They also have hard to cast spells, 7s, 8s, 10s where as everyone else has 5s or 6s. I havent touched my KBs since launch, Gobby only exists in my Big Waaagh which is 90% Ironjawz 5% Gobby and 5% Wurrgog. To me thats not a Big Waaagh army, but I dont feel incentivized to take anything BS or anything KB. I dont want them to split the book, BW should always be the middle aspect, Gorkamorka at its peak. Realistically Savage Orruks should just get updated and fill a hole both armies miss, basic standard orruks. No hulking IJ and no lanky KB, but your standard run of the mill Ghurish lad. Really I think Bonesplitters should have been done the opposite, they get a calling from either Gork or Mork and become either a IJ or a KB instead of it being the other way around where an orruk will hear the call of gorkamorka, strip naked and become savage.

Edited by Ekrund Oath Splitters
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Grunbag said:

Why split them when you already can play them separately in a single battletome if you want , but it also give you a 3rd army buy living brutal and kunnin ? Split them in their own battletome will just remove one gameplay , for no gain (and more money to spend into 2 BT instead of one)

Because they get the benefit of being a full fledge army and not be tied or balance because Big WAAGH exist. GW doesn’t seem to be able to balance big roster with similar units without messing it up and they already move away from souping armies this edition already. Kruleboyz themselves seem like they should have been their own army to begin with because of how redesigned they are compare to the classic GW Ork design. 

BiG WAAGH can exist as some side allegiance that you can do for fun but it should not have any balance or weight to pure Kruleboyz or Ironjawz allegiance 

Not to mention every time they get their one foot hero they get an actual hero that work for their army and not for the other 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

I dont mind all of the options GW has regarding Orruk Warclans to be honest.

1. Stay as is.

2. KB, IJ and Bonesplitterz get their own tomes.

3. Fuse Bonesplitterz into the other factions.

4. Just straight up move Bonesplitterz to legends. 

This Ironjawz release really blasts my Chamon Orruks project into oblivion. Was planning to convert Beastsnagga Boyz into Ardboyz and use Morgoks Krushas for some Brute variation. But the new Ardboyz and Weirdbrutes are some of the best Orruks ever produced so i really want those now. I cant really use Morgoks Krushas as Brutes anymore, it would be confusing now because of the new Weirdbrutes that look the same. Hobby dilemma.

If I use your 4 options the order of more likely to happen to less that I think is:

1 > 3 > 2 > 4

• Like 1