The Rumour Thread

10 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Ironjawz getting new models next month. Sylvaneth heavily rumoured to have the same treatment before the year ends. Fyreslayers rumoured to have new units somewhere in the pipeline.

Fyreslayers have been "rumoured to have new units" for years and years now (more than just Naked Foot Heroes I mean).

At this point if it actually happens I still won't believe it. 

6 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

I do hope if it is new ardboyz it's not just a 10 man squad version of the underworld warband and it's a new design. 

There's the old 'Ardboyz slated as coming in a future Stormbringer issue aren't there? Which makes me a bit sceptical they'll happen soon. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

There's 'Ardboyz slated as coming in a future Stormbringer issue aren't there? Which makes me a bit sceptical they'll happen soon. 

I do not know. 

To be honest I've always felt they were redundant in ironjawz anyway. They take too much spotlight off brutes imo. Technically they're not even ironjawz so I wouldn't be upset to see them replaced. 

Hell Kruleboyz could use them in the form of murknob ardboyz. 

In some early aos story Gordrakk utilizes scouts and I  think that'd be a cool Ironjawz unit and give players some new tools to play with. Think ironjawz kommandos. 

Regardless it's an exciting time to be a fan of the green. 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 4

If I’m correct they said 5 new kit not 5 new units so maybe the 3 version of maw grunta count as 3 kit .

so we would have this :

- maw grunta (pig only)

- Megaboss on maw grunta

- zoggrok anvilsmasha (named boss on maw grunta )

- ard boyz 

- ? (underworld IJ band ?)

also if you haven’t noticed , the new ard boyz are on the sides of the maw grunta . So we can guess the new look 

I'm thinking book 3 will be more order themed so fyreslayers for the crusade in Aqshy and hopefully kurnothi to feature in the Ghyran crusade. Maybe the final dawnbringers book will be death themed to coincide with the flesh eaters battletome. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vasshpit said:

Where is that stated? They look like brutes with helmets for all intents and purposes to me. 

We will see but my guess is that they are ard boyz . Hand fully covered and helmet makes me think they are the new ard boyz . Also when they showed the max grunta they talked about ard boyz something  

• Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

I do not know. 

To be honest I've always felt they were redundant in ironjawz anyway. They take too much spotlight off brutes imo. Technically they're not even ironjawz so I wouldn't be upset to see them replaced. 

Hell Kruleboyz could use them in the form of murknob ardboyz. 

In some early aos story Gordrakk utilizes scouts and I  think that'd be a cool Ironjawz unit and give players some new tools to play with. Think ironjawz kommandos. 

Regardless it's an exciting time to be a fan of the green. 

I loved how the old Black Orcs were actually competent and not just louts in scrap metal, so if we get something like Ironjawz Kommandoz, I would be *all over* that lot.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, Asbestress said:

Also, just looked at the webstore and (at least on the EU, UK and US sites) all language versions of the Cities BT are gone, alongside the Anvilgard SC, probably being followed by the Greywater one when the stock is gone. I know at this point we practically know it's going up on the 26th, but I still like looking at "clues" like this and attempting to divine the future 😛

yes,i dont know when,but i saw yesterday that the anvilgard sc was gone,i ordered one +sorceress and one box of pirates from my trusted online store before dissapear

4 hours ago, Asbestress said:

Also, just looked at the webstore and (at least on the EU, UK and US sites) all language versions of the Cities BT are gone, alongside the Anvilgard SC, probably being followed by the Greywater one when the stock is gone. I know at this point we practically know it's going up on the 26th, but I still like looking at "clues" like this and attempting to divine the future 😛

That's annoying. I have one for a future Har Kuron project and hoped to get another but it might get saved for TOW Dark Elves now.

3 minutes ago, cyrus said:

It is definitely smaller than the brute on top . And Brutes do not normally wear mask/helms while ardboyz do.

9wVzQDroje0I3wxV.jpg

That’s not a brute on top though, that’s a boss or nob of some sort. Everything about the dudes on the sides - armour, pose, weapons, scaling - is almost identical to the brutes kit, with the exception of having full-face helms. They’re quite distinct from the existing ardboys and hardly different at all from the existing brutes.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Grunbag said:

If I’m correct they said 5 new kit not 5 new units so maybe the 3 version of maw grunta count as 3 kit .

so we would have this :

- maw grunta (pig only)

- Megaboss on maw grunta

- zoggrok anvilsmasha (named boss on maw grunta )

- ard boyz 

- ? (underworld IJ band ?)

also if you haven’t noticed , the new ard boyz are on the sides of the maw grunta . So we can guess the new look 

Zoggrok is not part of the Maw-Grunta. There will be 5 new, different boxes/clam packs for Orruks

• Thanks 10
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Fyreslayers have been "rumoured to have new units" for years and years now (more than just Naked Foot Heroes I mean).

At this point if it actually happens I still won't believe it. 

I love how each time there is a Fyreslayer rumour we collectively put our heads together and speculate on possible means of expanding the range and look at the lore for characters and unexplored potential... then we get a new foot hero. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

@Elarin Any chance of a timeline when these 'Next Week' rumours may drop...

LikableTartCarpenterant-max-1mb.gif

It's not up to me, but I hope I will be able to tell a little bit more at the very beginning of the week - I would love to share the excitement 😁 However, it won't be a lot - just slightly more about the coming Orruks. I have no info regarding any other factions/releases

• Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, Elarin said:

It's not up to me, but I hope I will be able to tell a little bit more at the very beginning of the week - I would love to share the excitement 😁 However, it won't be a lot - just slightly more about the coming Orruks. I have no info regarding any other factions/releases

Someone take this person out and buy em a few rounds!! We need loose lips!!!😄

@Elarin But in all seriousness, thanks. And if your source is a sculptor, painter, or artist of any sort you give them a big ol' high five from us civilians as they don't get enough cred. 

• Like 6