The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Pick said:

yeah these past few stormcast releases are absolute misses for me. terrible wooden posing, weird armor and gear choices, like was there a single person asking for an updated blacktalon model?

Don’t know but rhere are a fee hundred thousand (i’m very likey exaggerating) of people waiting for some sweet sweet skaven releases. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Freemeta said:

it feels rushed: there is no explanation how wanderer dispareared from Cities. i dont understand, GW relase a book about Prince Maesa then delete them from the lore.

That is the strange disconnect between the lore and the game itself.

Pretty clear they are copying the 40k road map for factions. Stormcast and humans will have zero interaction in game (mostly for balance reasons) despite the fact that in almost every book they will be working side by side.

The Prince Maesa book is so strange. It introduces a cool character as well lore and culture for the Wanderers, and then a few months later the sub-faction is erased without even a word. At least Phoenicium got a few sentences lol.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

44 minutes ago, ChaosUndivided said:

I can see some being updated (as Blacktalon) and others moved to legends just due to sheer amount of redundant units.

I mean for stormcast heroes, they could easily just take the 10 different heroes on foot with sword and shield and call it the lord minimalist.

the same can be done with 10different lords on foot with great weapon, and so on.

You’d still have optional models and can basically choose which one uou want to have from a few tjousand options, but hey at least the book would be cleaned of too many warscrolls

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

That is the strange disconnect between the lore and the game itself.

Pretty clear they are copying the 40k road map for factions. Stormcast and humans will have zero interaction in game (mostly for balance reasons) despite the fact that in almost every book they will be working side by side.

The Prince Maesa book is so strange. It introduces a cool character as well lore and culture for the Wanderers, and then a few months later the sub-faction is erased without even a word. At least Phoenicium got a few sentences lol.

Probably because black library is a different division then the AoS team and they may not nessisary be on the same page.

sometimes they align when working on certain books like Dominion (new edition promo book) or End of Enlightenment (promoting a new army range ) other time they do their own thing like the Warhammer horror series 

• Like 2

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I think GW doesn't do justice in their sculpts to how cool stormcast actually are as a concept. 

Look at this art and imagine a model like this. Something like the c'tan void dragon, leaping into the air carried up in the lightning. Instead they just look like a bunch of LARPers milling around.

I hope they at least do justice to the celestant prime in this respect when they come to redesign it.

Screenshot_20230809-164811_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 2

They really don't need to explain in lore why some units got dropped from the cities army books, factions have always been much more diverse in lore then they are on the tabletop, it's just a natural consequence of making a game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

TBF wanderers (with the exception of  the sisters of watch) probably should have been in Sylvaneth in the first place and not in Cities just because they were all wood elves once upon a time. 

and then they should have either refresh/ replace by a Kurnothi/ wanderer release when the time was right.

• Like 12

49 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I think GW doesn't do justice in their sculpts to how cool stormcast actually are as a concept. 

Look at this art and imagine a model like this. Something like the c'tan void dragon, leaping into the air carried up in the lightning. Instead they just look like a bunch of LARPers milling around.

I hope they at least do justice to the celestant prime in this respect when they come to redesign it.

Screenshot_20230809-164811_Samsung Internet.jpg

I agree with this.

I do think the primaris stormcast look more like agile warriors or gladiators and less like slow bulky tanks with weapons attached.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

They also don’t in Black Talon. Stormcasts are nothing more but bigger humans in most depictions.

I prefer the stories around them describing them as somewhat alien and incredibly hard to kill (the air around each smells like petrichor). It’s a stark contrast to what we get to see.

• Like 1

I really don't get why people shun the Blacktalons. They're great plastic sculpts full of character, they come from a good WH+ show that has a compeling story, endearing characters and good animation. But there's still "They're Stormcasts so they're bad, they shouldn't exist !".

I find it a bit harsh to reject good sculpts just because they come from faction X. That's basic Stormcastophobia right here ! 😃😄

• Like 17
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, novakai said:

TBF wanderers (with the exception of  the sisters of watch) probably should have been in Sylvaneth in the first place and not in Cities just because they were all wood elves once upon a time. 

and then they should have either refresh/ replace by a Kurnothi/ wanderer release when the time was right.

Yes but this is AoS not WHFB! I wouodnt want to see Wanderers in Sylvaneth ever! I however wouldn't mind a story about Wanderers leaving the cities en masse and joining the Kurnothi faction and battletome 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, novakai said:

Oh 100%

Just funny that GW put them in Cities when Sylyaneth could of really used more units. Then gave them some lore, a city, and even a entire book.......................... just cut them with no in game explanation lol.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I really don't get why people shun the Blacktalons. They're great plastic sculpts full of character, they come from a good WH+ show that has a compeling story, endearing characters and good animation. But there's still "They're Stormcasts so they're bad, they shouldn't exist !".

I find it a bit harsh to reject good sculpts just because they come from faction X. That's basic Stormcastophobia right here ! 😃😄

I agree with everything appart from the animation. With the money that GW earns every year, they could put a bit more love on the animations.

Love the minis, btw.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I think the criticism might be in large part because named special characters - especially units - are always controversial, in that a lot of people want to be exclusively running Their Dudes. Rather than making a new, generic SCE unit, they're very specifically Blacktalon & Friends. 

I like the sculpts, but if I played SCE I probably wouldn't be buying them either. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I think the criticism might be in large part because named special characters - especially units - are always controversial, in that a lot of people want to be exclusively running Their Dudes. Rather than making a new, generic SCE unit, they're very specifically Blacktalon & Friends. 

I like the sculpts, but if I played SCE I probably wouldn't be buying them either. 

I'm in the opposite side of the argument. AoS doesn't give me enough tools or customizations. So, heroes are just "tools" to play with unless they have a name and unique abilities.

Maybe it's KO fault, because I always see the same Admiral+Navi+Khemist combo doing the same things again and again. Even endrinmasters are just "to unlock riggers".

The only thing that I don't like about this "bands" is that they are slow to play and they break the flow of the game.

Edited by Beliman
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I feel like there has been a lot of talk recently about Wanderers squatting and the new Blacktalons band and not enough talk about the coming of the BIGGEST TROGGOTH EVER TO BE SEEN IN THE MORTAL REALMS!!

You mean Queek, the headtaker.

or Skaa bloodtail?

yes I believe skaa was confirmed to be as big as an average trogoth

57 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I feel like there has been a lot of talk recently about Wanderers squatting and the new Blacktalons band and not enough talk about the coming of the BIGGEST TROGGOTH EVER TO BE SEEN IN THE MORTAL REALMS!!

All I have is the copium of Whitefang reaction on Portal Trogg for this dream to come true (along with Braggit’s boasting and Fyreslayers warning that it’s comming to Hammerhal) 

• Like 4