The Rumour Thread

21 minutes ago, Baz said:

good point so kruleboyz and ogors and sylvaneth and cities. 

Its worth pointing put that Whitefang had previously hinted that Kurnothi would a part of Slyvaneth so any reference to Sylvaneth could actually mean Kurnothi. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Chikout said:

Its worth pointing put that Whitefang had previously hinted that Kurnothi would a part of Slyvaneth so any reference to Sylvaneth could actually mean Kurnothi. 

Yes, absolutely, I think it will be kunrothi but hoping that it we will see a warcry warband and then something else as part of the dawnbringer crusades maybe in book 3.

• Like 1

Ogors and Kurnothi would be awesome. I expect a Kurnothi unit to be around 10 models. I hope for something like reimagined wardancers or glade guard.

I have more trouble thinking about a potential Ogor warband. They are a one of the most elite armies maybe 6-8 depending on things like sabertusks or other monkeys? I think maneaters are still a good option and maybe even firebellies.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 2

Can’t be more then three Ogors given that Ogors cost too much in Warcry to a point where you barely fill out your three wargroups with one Ogor each and then the rest is just filled in with cheap stuff.

But then these warbands have been randomly themed lately and being unique units over refresh old models so I don’t expect typical minion characters for these warbands

Edited by novakai

Just checked some points and i think it could be easily more than 3. Leadbelchers, gorgers, frost sabre and glutton are all under 200 points. Gnoblars are 45. Maneaters are 205. I think a unit of 6 could be done and would be more fun. A unit of 3 isnt really viable in Warcry and i hope GW knows that.

48 minutes ago, Mutton said:

3 Maneaters and a Butcher. That's true perfection.

Yeah, give us proper AoS Maneaters and get that old Butcher out of there in one fell swoop. Throw a bunch of gnoblars or animals on the sprues as chaff if you have to fill out the warband. I just really want to see a Stormcast or OBR maneater already.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Yeah, give us proper AoS Maneaters and get that old Butcher out of there in one fell swoop. Throw a bunch of gnoblars or animals on the sprues as chaff if you have to fill out the warband. I just really want to see a Stormcast or OBR maneater already.

I mean that not how they design warcry warband, they usually just one whole unit, there leader look special like the Beast Killa Nob but they are just glorified unit champions for the most part 

I just watched Gnarlwood video on WH+ and they mentioned all warcry warbands alongside Sylvaneths and Ogres so those really might be last 2 warbands. Also not sure if this artwork is reused but I can see GOATS.

dada.jpg

Edited by Aleser

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

Just checked some points and i think it could be easily more than 3. Leadbelchers, gorgers, frost sabre and glutton are all under 200 points. Gnoblars are 45. Maneaters are 205. I think a unit of 6 could be done and would be more fun. A unit of 3 isnt really viable in Warcry and i hope GW knows that.

Since warcry unit are usually minsize unit then 3-4 Ogors plus minions is probably more realistic if made for both game 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aleser said:

I just watched Gnarlwood video on WH+ and they mentioned all warcry warbands alongside Sylvaneths and Ogres so those really might be last 2 warbands. Also not sure if this artwork is reused but I can see GOATS.

dada.jpg

I think this is originally from on the of the WHFB beasts books. But I'm probably wrong. It certainly looks familiar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aleser said:

dada.jpg

This is a WFB artwork they must have recycled for the Loremasters episode. You can clearly see a Bretonnian helmet in here.

And yeah, I'm 95% sure that the next warbands will be Sylvaneth and Ogres. Else they wouldn't mention them on WH+. My baseless speculation is Kurnothi and Butcher & retinue. That, or other Sylvaneth revenants... it would be cool but less cool than Kurnothis. 

This summer is getting real spicy with all the reveals, hints and speculation, even if light on actual rumourmonging. Autumn is gonna be wild.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

This is a WFB artwork they must have recycled for the Loremasters episode. You can clearly see a Bretonnian helmet in here.

And yeah, I'm 95% sure that the next warbands will be Sylvaneth and Ogres. Else they wouldn't mention them on WH+. My baseless speculation is Kurnothi and Butcher & retinue. That, or other Sylvaneth revenants... it would be cool but less cool than Kurnothis. 

This summer is getting real spicy with all the reveals, hints and speculation, even if light on actual rumourmonging. Autumn is gonna be wild.

Isn't Nova (think that's the event) at the end of the month too? Hopefully we will get the full cities reveal and Dawnbringers book 2 book+models there. Can't wait!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, Ledgington said:

Isn’t GenCon this week? Don’t they usually announce things during that?

I don't think we have had a preview announcement so it would be a suprise if there was anything major. Maybe a few models will be announced on WH Community for it?

21 minutes ago, Ledgington said:

Isn’t GenCon this week? Don’t they usually announce things during that?

They use too, but they haven’t had a reveal for Gencon in the last 2 years

Edit: nvm they did reveal Hallowdeep in 2021 but then they skip out on 2022. But they usually upfront if there going to be a reveal event and it doesn’t sound like there be one in 2023

edit2: also I check the Gencon exhibitors list and GW are not listed on it

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I’m curious what the Death vs Order warband will be in the winter. Hoping for Ossiarchs vs Lumineth since they both could use a warband to fill out generic battleline options and have a notable rivalry between them. 

Warcry has been exploring new designs and testing new ideas as completely unique units for a while now. I dont think they will use Warcry to fill out generic battleline options or to update older models. I do think it adds some much needed variety to some armies.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Warcry has been exploring new designs and testing new ideas as completely unique units for a while now. I dont think they will use Warcry to fill out generic battleline options or to update older models. I do think it adds some much needed variety to some armies.

I suppose it depends how you define generic battleline really. Rotmire Creed, Jade Obelisk, Claws of Karanak all seem like fairly generic battleline options for example. The newest Kruleboyz and CoS warbands seem like they could be too imo.

Admittedly some of the others are clearly not (e.g. Hunters of Huanchi, Askurgan Trueblades) so they could go relatively out there with what they do.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ArcLight said:

I suppose it depends how you define generic battleline really. Rotmire Creed, Jade Obelisk, Claws of Karanak all seem like fairly generic battleline options for example. The newest Kruleboyz and CoS warbands seem like they could be too imo.

Admittedly some of the others are clearly not (e.g. Hunters of Huanchi, Askurgan Trueblades) so they could go relatively out there with what they do.

Agreed, “generic battleline” is the operative term. The Rotmire Creed felt like a way to add a marauder-ish infantry unit to Maggotkin. Not sure Khorne or Tzeentch needed ‘filling out’ exactly for infantry but certainly the kruleboyz and CoS warband offer options that aren’t basic spearmen.

Askurgan Trueblades might not be battleline but they did provide a long wished-for vampire infantry unit.

Would be interesting to see what and Ossiarch warband would look like. They’re so regimented that it’s kind of hard to imagine…. An emissary retinue could be interesting but then they did that for WHU and it was regular Mortek guard. Maybe something feral and berzerkerish, building on the Ghurish beast-bone concept?

• Like 3