The Rumour Thread

Pre-orders are up and I'm gutted that the Warcry starter is so expensive. Same price as the Kill Team one, but without enough models to actually play warcry, so it's still hard to give a good recommendation of how to get into Warcry. Shocked that it isn't just two repackaged warbands like the KT starter

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Actually sad if the Cities army box is on preorder next week... I'm abroad and most of my time in the wild, I'm gonna miss the 5 minute preorder window before the box is gone forever... 

I doubt it will sellout that fast, the lizardmen one is still available in lots of online shops. 

Other than things like black library special editions not many things immediately sell out now, it has become the exception rather than the rule. 

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Tomorrow announcement is Horus Heresy.

GW have a lot of content to be released this summer.

I think HH is more likely to be announced tomorrow but hoping for cities. 

There are only 4  preorder weekends left of summer so well be getting everything soon regardless. 

12 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

I doubt Callis & Troll are on the book

It would indeed make sense for Callis & Toll not to be duplicated in COS BT if they are released as part of the Dawnbringers campaign. That would free up two places... for the last two unknown warscrolls (if 52 warscroll cards announced in the army set are accurate).

How frustrating to have the BT's photo without the person having opened it to reveal its contents ! Although I can understand why, if it's an influencer related to GW.

21 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

I know it's unlikely, but come on unrevealed unit warscroll/gallery pics...

I don't want to see the pictures of the units ahead of GW announcing. But I would partake of a picture of the contents page with the list of warscrolls/unit names.

Edited by EntMan
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

this is...a joke right? 110 and not even the full rules?

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/warcry-crypt-of-blood-2023-eng

9 hours ago, Nazarjo said:

Pre-orders are up and I'm gutted that the Warcry starter is so expensive. Same price as the Kill Team one, but without enough models to actually play warcry, so it's still hard to give a good recommendation of how to get into Warcry. Shocked that it isn't just two repackaged warbands like the KT starter

It also doesnt have the cardboard map but a paper one. It also doesnt have the regular 3 colour warcry dice but just plain white dice. Only 4 pieces of terrain. I dont even mind the 2 underworlds warbands if the price is right but this just isnt a good deal.

Edit: i think this is for people who want to play a fun game straight out of the box and leave it at that.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Seeing the acutal COS Battletome definitely makes it all seem more real. 

I most likely won’t  (but never say never) start a COS army, but I feel this is the most important army to be added to AOS. 

While stormcast are cool in their own style, I have always felt there was a huge need/desire for regular human army. While they aren’t the brettonia of yesteryears, I’m overly impressed with how subtle but modern their take on this design space has been. 

They appear to have set themselves up for an endless supply of updates for them as well. This army could easily get 5 kits a year and never seem to be too much because people will be able to use what they don’t like and use what they like. I’m feeling this army is a win win. 

While AOS has rapidly been growing since the pandemic, could this army be the one that completely blows the game up and entice a lot of new players?

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Asbestress said:

I know it's unlikely, but come on unrevealed unit warscroll/gallery pics...

Honestly it is probably a matter of time now. The more people are getting there box the faster someone will start getting pictures on the internet.

2 hours ago, Hollow said:

Would much rather see them on Warcom in their intended glory. 

At least GW generally come up pretty quickly and show the models after the potato camera pictures leaks

10 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

It also doesnt have the cardboard map but a paper one.

The Warcry starter set does come with one of those nice thick cardboard folding ones, according to the product description on the GW web store. At least that’s something.

Edit: Seems like even the GW webstore team can't believe it doesn't come with a cardboard game board. As Gitzdee pointed out, it's indeed just a folded paper playing surface...

Edited by Greyshadow
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Hollow said:

I kind of hope we don't get a bunch of potato pics of new models. Would much rather see them on Warcom in their intended glory. 

I am in a strange place where I desperately want spoilers of all the new units but not images until they get nice reveal images. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Greyshadow said:

The Warcry starter set does come with one of those nice thick cardboard folding ones, according to the product description on the GW web store. At least that’s something.

I watched an unboxing on youtube and it was paper for sure.

• Like 2

Oh dear. Yes, Heart of Ghur was twice the price but it had four times the amount of models that were all brand new sculpts. It also had a quality cardboard game board, the FULL core book and all that gorgeous, gorgeous Gnarlwood terrain.

At least the underworlds miniatures they have included in the new starter are incredible models. Those vampires in particular are stunningly good.

Edited by Greyshadow

8 hours ago, Jetlife said:

Seeing the acutal COS Battletome definitely makes it all seem more real. 

I most likely won’t  (but never say never) start a COS army, but I feel this is the most important army to be added to AOS. 

While stormcast are cool in their own style, I have always felt there was a huge need/desire for regular human army. While they aren’t the brettonia of yesteryears, I’m overly impressed with how subtle but modern their take on this design space has been. 

They appear to have set themselves up for an endless supply of updates for them as well. This army could easily get 5 kits a year and never seem to be too much because people will be able to use what they don’t like and use what they like. I’m feeling this army is a win win. 

While AOS has rapidly been growing since the pandemic, could this army be the one that completely blows the game up and entice a lot of new players?

Wouldn't surprise me if it helps indeed to bring players into AoS as there's many studies about picking races in videogames where human is always the most appealing as we feel closer to them, but the price increasing over and over yearly would always be a problem to bring new players, imo.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Edit: i think this is for people who want to play a fun game straight out of the box and leave it at that.

What I don't get is that this would also apply to people who buy the Kill Team Starter and just want to play that. The only advantage I see here is push fit models, but there's the same amount of unit complexity here than if they'd included a full team, since each Underworlds band has four different kinds of unit and the average Warcry one will have 4-5

• Like 1

I can see a reasonable argument for a smaller sized starter box, smaller board, fewer models, push fit minis and terrain that you only have to clip out and you're ready to go, something you can easily keep in stock on the shelf and point to as the best place to start, or even release out to other stockists like they have occasionally done in the past with the more board-game style boxes.  However, that sort of thing would want a much lower price point than this box is going with, to try and draw people in, that's the main error with this release in my eyes.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I'm definitely at the point where the wait for news has become a touch frustrating. The gap between reveal and release for cities has been almost as long as it was for sisters and we've had about half the number of articles. There hasn't been a single lore article yet. They could easily have done one for each of the cities. I'm ready to see a contents page and even a blurry pic or two though I normally don't like leaks. 

• Like 13