The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Hollow said:

A degree! Wow!

Somebody with a degree in Anthropology should know what a quote is. I didn't quote anybody. Although, if I want to, I will quote anybody I like. I have 2 BAs, an MA and a PHD. Bow before my superior academic qualifications peasant! 

(I also know how worthless and bankrupt much of Academia is. Having worked in it for years) 

Regardless. I wasn't trying to make some political point. I was trying to provide a little perspective, to what I perceived as someone feeling a bit down about how things appear to be these days. That is all. So get back in your box. 

Does sound wishy washy the way you say it though especially when you conflate all of Humanity though 

PHD should know better

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, novakai said:

Does sound wishy washy the way you say it though especially when you conflate all of Humanity though 

PHD should know better

I shall aspire to employ the same rigorous academic standards to casual forum posts as my multiple thesis, I shall also refrain from trying to bring a little helpful perspective to those I perceive as a bit down about anything. I apologise profusely, how could I have been so awful!?!  I like my Grimdark in wargames. Not real life. I won't reply to any further comments on what was intended to be an innocent pick-me-up. 

Anyways... 🙄

Looks like Kruel Boyz to me. Would love to see some cavalry options for the swampy bois. Although it could be Troggoth related? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, novakai said:

At this point anything will do for kruleboyz

I'd rather have lesser gnashtooth as hunting hounds. Just my opinion, but I think the combo character on mount / unit on the same mount rather uninspiring. Swamp beasties captured then trained by a breaka boss could do the trick. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Swamp Trogg said:

I'd rather have lesser gnashtooth as hunting hounds. Just my opinion, but I think the combo character on mount / unit on the same mount rather uninspiring. Swamp beasties captured then trained by a breaka boss could do the trick. 

I'll meetcha half way and a three unit kit with one rider/tamer and two gah-nashtoof hunters?

It always irked me with these handler units where the tamers are surprisingly just as fast on foot as the beasts!

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 2

Enough academics, back to where it matters : Age of Sigmar !

If the RE is indeed KB, that's huge if correct. Means the Destro centric Dawnbringers book will have more accompanying minis than I expected.

Also btw, it's funny you mention the Gnashtoof cavalry... If I remember, Whitefang talked about one waaaay back when KB released in 2021, and it never showed up. I thought "extremely rare Whitefang L" when this rumour didn't come true, but now that we get a KB looking RE, I see it popping up again. Makes me think... what if it was true all along ? And there's been a hidden KB unit in GW HQ for 2 years ?

• LOVE IT! 1

I still think the idea of Hobgrots on Smaller Troggs to harken to the Breaka-Boss on Mirebrute Troggoth would make a fun cavalry unit where the mount is more dangerous than the rider and better integrate the Troggoth's and Hobgrots into the army for greater cohesion. It also ties into the armies use of beasts of burden but also Hobgrots use of sentient species as tools of war a lesson taken from their large hatted chaotic employers 

Then you can have Gnashteeth as a faster attack option either as light cavalry or as @Swamp Trogg suggests a fast independent unit of monsters. 

In other words Kruelboyz introduced so many fantastic concepts that were begging to be expanded upon. Right now Kruelboyz are in a similar place to Idoneth and Fyreslayers, they have the DNA of an amaziing range but just need a little more expansion upon the themes. It is not entirely about the size of the faction as Daughters of Khaine, Flesh Eater Courts and Kharadron are similarly small forces that I would love to see expanded but feel much more cohesive. Still I imagine that Kruelboyz will expand on these ideas and become one of the most iconic factions in all of AOS.

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

Moss Troggoth for Kruleboyz?

Edit: i think i figured it out.

All Greenskinz are getting a Troggoth.

Moss Troggoth for Kruleboyz

Rockhead Troggoth for Bonesplitterz aka Rogue Idol replacement

Armoured Troggoth for Ironjawz

Portal Troggoth for Gitz

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 4

23 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I still think the idea of Hobgrots on Smaller Troggs to harken to the Breaka-Boss on Mirebrute Troggoth would make a fun cavalry unit where the mount is more dangerous than the rider and better integrate the Troggoth's and Hobgrots into the army for greater cohesion. It also ties into the armies use of beasts of burden but also Hobgrots use of sentient species as tools of war a lesson taken from their large hatted chaotic employers 

Then you can have Gnashteeth as a faster attack option either as light cavalry or as @Swamp Trogg suggests a fast independent unit of monsters. 

In other words Kruelboyz introduced so many fantastic concepts that were begging to be expanded upon. Right now Kruelboyz are in a similar place to Idoneth and Fyreslayers, they have the DNA of an amaziing range but just need a little more expansion upon the themes. It is not entirely about the size of the faction as Daughters of Khaine, Flesh Eater Courts and Kharadron are similarly small forces that I would love to see expanded but feel much more cohesive. Still I imagine that Kruelboyz will expand on these ideas and become one of the most iconic factions in all of AOS.

The hobgrots will always baffle me.
Seems like they were put in the army more as a nod/hint to chaos dwarves than as a proper unit for kruleboyz, because there are normal grots all over the range, but their chaff unit is hobgrots. By rights that unit would make more sense as just swamp grots, like what you see on gobsprakk, killbow, marshcrawla, pot-grot, and stab-grot. I think a hobgrot expansion would find a home as a sub-force of chaos dwarves, instead of a sub-force of kruleboyz.

There's definitely a missing part for kruleboyz on the monstrous side though, we've got a snatcha boss and a breaka boss, who seem like heroes for different parts of the army that aren't here yet.

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

The hobgrots will always baffle me.
Seems like they were put in the army more as a nod/hint to chaos dwarves than as a proper unit for kruleboyz, because there are normal grots all over the range, but their chaff unit is hobgrots. By rights that unit would make more sense as just swamp grots, like what you see on gobsprakk, killbow, marshcrawla, pot-grot, and stab-grot. I think a hobgrot expansion would find a home as a sub-force of chaos dwarves, instead of a sub-force of kruleboyz.

There's definitely a missing part for kruleboyz on the monstrous side though, we've got a snatcha boss and a breaka boss, who seem like heroes for different parts of the army that aren't here yet.

Yeah, I'm still expecting a chorf faction before the end of 3rd, maybe released alongside/around the Dawnbringers series finale (if we get a 5th/more books next year. Would fit with one of the crusades being destroyed by something). Hobgrots, Horns of Hashut and what we have been told in the Warclans BT imho make them much more of a "when" than an "if".

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Portal Troggoth for Gitz

7syvvx.jpg

• Haha 10

Hobgrots are the best part of the Krulboys! I think they look great and it was awesome to see another destruction race, I don't think they're anymore than a nod to chaos dwarfs though! Hopefully they broke away and stole some wargear.

-Gnashtooth cavalry 

-Hobgrots slinging grenades off Mirebrutes

-Trappers and beastmasters?

Still feel there's a missing faction somewhere for destruction.  I'm genuinely shocked we haven't had a rogue idol or two. Bonesplittaz out of warclans, add a rogue idol, the ogor fire breather, add a few git mob models and some crazy contraptions like the doomdiver and jobs a good un

• Like 5

The Kruleboys’ cross-clan, role-specific ‘tribes’ are actually surprisingly well laid out, though they’d certainly be a good way to expand the range. 

Beast-breakaz: boss on mirebrute, Warcry monsta-killaz

Git-snatchaz: boss on mirebrute, sloggoth with goblin crew, WHU snatcha crew

Feels like any gnashtoof cavalry- which really do feel like the obvious addition to the range, thematically and for improving the playability - would be the perfect addition for the Beast-breakaz. Some sort of hunting pack would be good too.

Tbh the snarlfang riders would have been a solid addition, all the more so if they had been hobgrots, but oh well. I quite like the hobgrots as a mercenary element in the kruleboys list though, they broaden the background and it’s nice to see this kind of multi-race cooperation… even if it’s just because both are sneaky gits.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Portal Troggoth for Gitz

Perfection. I cant wait for Troggoth superiority!!

• Like 1

Hmm... this discussion of Troggoth, Kruelboyz and Hobgrots is making me realize that Chaos Troggs would actually make a cool Chaos Dwarf unit. If they took my rider idea and gave it a mutated head with tusks the kit could be used in Kruelboyz and a hypothetical Chaos Dwarf army while also bringing back a new interpretation of a classic WHFB race.

• LOVE IT! 2

9 hours ago, Hollow said:

I shall aspire to employ the same rigorous academic standards to casual forum posts as my multiple thesis, I shall also refrain from trying to bring a little helpful perspective to those I perceive as a bit down about anything. I apologise profusely, how could I have been so awful!?!  I like my Grimdark in wargames. Not real life. I won't reply to any further comments on what was intended to be an innocent pick-me-up. 

Anyways... 🙄

Looks like Kruel Boyz to me. Would love to see some cavalry options for the swampy bois. Although it could be Troggoth related? 

Academia 😂 .. u get my vote though #win

15 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

My initial thought was Warcry terrain, since we know we're getting Season 2 soon and it's presumably still set in the Gnarlwood.

15 hours ago, Boingrot Bouncer said:

Seems very Gnarlwood terrain to me, so probably Warcry terrain.

Didn't they say that the next "season" of Warcry wasn't going to have the 'Two Warbands + Terrain' boxes, and were just going to be individual Warband releases instead?

3 hours ago, LordSolarMach said:

Didn't they say that the next "season" of Warcry wasn't going to have the 'Two Warbands + Terrain' boxes, and were just going to be individual Warband releases instead?

There was a leak of a new Warcry starter set with underworlds bands earlier this year (Stormcast+another that I don't remember), and it needs some terrain if it should be Warcry.

Of course they could just put some old terrain spruce in it and call it a day, but there is a chance of new terrain at least.