The Rumour Thread

36 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Has there been a rumour I missed on this?

It's been mentioned in the lore accompanying Dawnbringers and Whitefang liked a post about it possibly being a thing but there were at least a couple other things in that post.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Bosskelot said:

Really big fan of all the new nid stuff. Felt like the nid aesthetic had basically been stagnating for years and had locked itself into a highly restrictive and very narrow set of design archetypes, so it's nice to see what obvious new blood in the design studio has come up by deciding to branch out and obviously ignore a lot of pre-established "rules" about Tyranid aesthetics.

And even then they still realized when things worked and didn't need to radically redesign basic gaunts or lictors, just bring them up to date.

It's little things too like the design of the scything talons/legs on a lot of the models having more texture and shape to them rather than being these big perfectly curved shapes with ultra smooth sides. It's not just advances in plastic injection moulds; that's a conscious design choice and one which really adds to a lot of these models.

This kind of thing is exactly why I’m coming at Nids as if they’re a new army, and just planning on using the new models (apart from a couple of things like Zoanthroapes who look pretty good still). And that still gives me 18 new/updated units, which is more than some new AoS armies get. 

Off topic:

I don’t know how they could „wow“ me with marines like they did with Tyranids - most Marine releases were either okay or plainly bad (trikes, T-Shirt Thrower). I also can’t think of anything that could wow me except:

- Corvus Corax returning

- Primaris Jump Infantry

and yes I play RG xD

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Off topic:

I don’t know how they could „wow“ me with marines like they did with Tyranids - most Marine releases were either okay or plainly bad (trikes, T-Shirt Thrower). I also can’t think of anything that could wow me except:

- Corvus Corax returning

- Primaris Jump Infantry

and yes I play RG xD

Nothing is going to wow me more then a skaven release (or space rats)

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Off topic:

- Corvus Corax returning

- Primaris Jump Infantry

and yes I play RG xD

Now that we know how much they should be getting based on how many kits Tyranids got, we can estimate what they will get:

Spoiler

From rumours:

Jump Assault Intercessors
Jump Assault Captain
Scouts via Kill Team
Terminator Chaplain

Would make sense:

Multipart Terminators
Assault Terminators
Multipart Sternguard

Tyranids get 8 kits with two being dual kits and the Norn Emissary is pretty big so maybe one more vehicle, maybe a flyer or a missile tank? I think that would be the only thing we didn't get a Primaris version off yet.

But I wouldn't expect anything more for basic Space Marines as its rumoured Dark Angels will also get a wave of new stuff with their Codex

Edited by Matrindur
  • Thanks 1

Any chance of astartes marines leaving this edition? Just wondering now that the primaris range is almost complete. I kind of expected them to be gone last season. It would free up so much space and make way for new stuff. I know they got free rules and all. But could astartes still be left out of the codex? 

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

Any chance of astartes marines leaving this edition? Just wondering now that the primaris range is almost complete. I kind of expected them to be gone last season. It would free up so much space and make way for new stuff. I know they got free rules and all. But could astartes still be left out of the codex? 

It seems that they no longer plan to discontinue everything Firstborn as Primaris can now ride in Land Raiders/Droppods.

What I expect is one of three cases on a unit by unit basis. Some units like Terminators, Sternguard and probably soon Jump Assault Marines will be remade either as Truescale (Terminators) or Primaris, some units will stay as they are (Centurions, Drop pods, Flyers) and some will leave as they now have a place in Horus Heresy. But I wouldn't expect that to finish this edition or even the next one

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not excited for the marines release at all. I have by and large preferred the scale of primaries but my god some of the designs have been abysmal. The floaty tanks looks horrendous as do those floaty troops.  I can't really see how they can add anymore to such a huge range. Wouldn't it be nice if they just introduced a couple of really well done heros and maybe a flyer.

Just been over the space marine range. Could they be bringing the older non primaris upto date? We've been shown the terminators, could they be doing some others? The scouts are the some of the worst looking models in the range now

Edited by CDM
Added bottom portion

2 hours ago, CDM said:

Not excited for the marines release at all. I have by and large preferred the scale of primaries but my god some of the designs have been abysmal. The floaty tanks looks horrendous as do those floaty troops.  I can't really see how they can add anymore to such a huge range. Wouldn't it be nice if they just introduced a couple of really well done heros and maybe a flyer.

Just been over the space marine range. Could they be bringing the older non primaris upto date? We've been shown the terminators, could they be doing some others? The scouts are the some of the worst looking models in the range now

My friend offered me the Space Marine side of Leviathan and despite thinking the models are fairly cool and well sculpted looking at how to build it out into an army is just such a headache. As the tanks are all boxes but cannot all work with every unit, some models are locked to chapters but also everything can be run with generic space marine rules. Somehow. I am supposed to remember the difference between the various armour types but I can't tell Gravis from Phobos at a glance despite one being heavy and the other light... and somehow they are adding even more? Personally I cannot tell the difference between a First Born, Primaris and Horus Heresy miniature. There is also so much unit redundancy that it actually hurts my brain. Worse yet, I am suppose to be able to spot the difference between made up sci-fi guns from across the table. Like I cannot fathom how people keep track of this stuff, nor can I understand how anyone can build a list when any given unit has like 4 variants vying for the same battlefield role. I do like the theme and paint scheme I have devised for them, but I think I will trade my half of the box for hopefully chaos demons or cities of sigmar.

Stormcast have this to a certain extent, but the signifiers are much clearer and the range is smaller. Thunderstrike armour creates a massively different silhouette, but the units are also armed fairly distinctly from each other. The Warrior Chamber models tend to be boring and generic making them easy to identify, Sacrosanct wear tabards and cary around weird crystal vials, Vanguard are hunters and wear pelts. Finally their mounts are distinctive fantasy creatures and their heroes are often easily identified as distinctly ornate or possessing angelic wings. I doubt that Stormcast will maintain even this level of distinction in the long run but I am very hopeful we never reach space marine saturation. I do think that Stormcast have the most annoying naming convention of all time where Paladins or Dracothian Guard with Hammers and Paladins with Axes have different unit names rather than simply Paladins or Dracothian Guard.

I know I have complained about this many times but actually looking at Space Marines in depth has actually made it worse rather than better. Whereas starting Stormcast has really simplified my understanding of the army.

Now back to rumours any idea when we will get future Warcry news? I still am very interested if the terrain is shifting to the Crypt of Blood and the Andtor setting or if that is just a one off for the new entry level starter set.   

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Now back to rumours any idea when we will get future Warcry news? I still am very interested if the terrain is shifting to the Crypt of Blood and the Andtor setting or if that is just a one off for the new entry level starter set.   

I think starter set doesnt have any direction points with current warcry setting it is just standalone game. Also I am not sure if we will get any terrain because it seems they shifted to only warband boxes now. Maybe we will get standalone terrain instead in core boxes 

• Thanks 1

Finally a cool new lictor and then there‘s sexy new neurolictor too… I don‘t plan on starting nids but I always wanted a lictor. Guess I‘ll buy one or two… maybe use them for KT as a rampaging monster or something 🤷🏻‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

What I miss?...

I also need to know! Trogs have been a surprise hit over the last few years! 

Would like to see Mirebrute and a troll witch in gloomspite with the others. Sloggogoth feels a bit attuned to Krulboys to be shared. 

• Like 1

Anyway, King Brodd talked about this in the Harbringers spoilers thread, but apparently, big portal troll from the WarCom short story might not be the only Troggoth coming around the corner.

The narrative campaigns talkes about 4 over kinds of troggoth : Andtor frost trogg, moss trogg, armoured trogg, and "the rare Rock headed Trogg". 

5 Troll kits for 1 campaign might be a bit too much (even if I would love to see it happen) but I feel like they're not dropping out of nowhere. Maybe not all, but some of them could have kits. I'd be cool to see a moss covered troll.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

more than ever they seem rather…fishy to me. 🐠 

Looked into it and this rumour engine specifically seems really fishy to me :

2023-05-09.jpg

It looks a lot like the body of a sturgeon, expect we see no fins and the scutes are different :

undefined

I wouldn't be surprised if it was from a Deepkin model. After all, sturgeons can live both in freshwater and in the ocean and also grow huge. I could see some Idoneth mounting one.

• Like 3