The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Still-young said:

That’s a good point. I remember when the Lion box sold out seeing a comment from GW on fb that he’d be out separately before 10th edition, which obviously hasn’t happened.   

They actually said in some community article that they planned to release him before 10th but weren't able to make enough so moved him back

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, novakai said:

Just as a comparison, we haven’t gotten Farsight or Snikrot out as solo releases yet or even the Lion and Azareal yet.

so yeah it can be quite a wait lol

This is my worry. Especially since the boarding patrol boxes were super underprinted and sold out instantly, so I never even had a chance at buying Farsight without getting ripped off by a scalper, which hopefully doesn't happen again, but...

• Like 1

Today's pre-orders are decent. Nice to see The Dawnbringers Book up, the artwork is really nice and I think the £25 price tag is ok, although pretty disappointing to see that it is only 80 pages! 80 pages is really light. I have mentioned before that I think the special editions don't provide enough additional value IMO. Ideally, the book would be 150 pages+ priced at £22.50 for the standard edition and £40 for the Limited Edition (with some kind of more added value than Gold print, coloured paper edges and a tag) 

I think all 4 of the Dawnbringer Boxes are also decent. I'm not sure if I think this kind of release strategy is the best. I really like the 4 character models and wish they had them available separately alongside the boxes. I appreciate that some may think this way people are "forced" into buying into an entire faction. I'm not convinced. I think the boxes are pretty good and with the characters released alongside them, it would highlight the "deal" you are getting if you plump for the box. £80 is a good price point for AoS to aim for when it comes to their "Get Starting, Vanguard, Dawnringers" boxes. Do we really need multiple types? I was beginning to think that Vanguard would essentially become what Combat Patrol has become in 40k 10th.

To finish there is a weird smattering of ebook downloads which are just kind of lumped in at random and a ridiculously overpriced Blank Diary at £22. (How many of these do you think they sell?) 

All in, an AoS preorder slot that rates a solid "B" for me. 

Edited by Hollow

5 minutes ago, Hollow said:

To finish there is a weird smattering of ebook downloads which are just kind of lumped in at random and a ridiculously overpriced Blank Diary at £22. (How many of these do you think they sell?) 

Those are just the contents of the "Narrative Play" section that have been there for years (and the diary since 3rd launched).
Honestly, I thought about getting that diary on multiple occasions (instead of constantly lugging around a stack of printed A4s), but even with LFGS discounts that price is decisively "not good".

Also on the topic of pricing...

I wonder if the Freeguild Guard kit will be 10 for 40 euros (30 GBP) like the Cadians or 20 for 50 euros (37.50 GBP) like Soulblight skeletons (whenever we get the standalone release after the launch set)?

4 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Wait the show is today?

Yep! All aboard the Hype Skyvessel!!

Bte, any review about the Harbringers book? It is supposed to have 4 pages of rules for the new boxes and the rest is all about lore?

Edited by Beliman
  • LOVE IT! 2

9 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Bte, any review about the Harbringers book? It is supposed to have 4 pages of rules for the new boxes and the rest is all about lore?

All aboard!

image.png.30361ddb1ca6bfc2cd7d307c79894c1b.png

(Anyone knows what book this beautifull piece of art belongs too?)

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

16 minutes ago, Beliman said:

IF THIS IS TRUE...I only buy these books for the Lore meaning most of the book isnt of any use to me, if this is the future of cheaper books without rules Ill be in love.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

IF THIS IS TRUE...I only buy these books for the Lore meaning most of the book isnt of any use to me, if this is the future of cheaper books without rules Ill be in love.

To be honest, I didn't want the book but the price was good enough to change my mind.

Alright, last minute predictions.

• Dawnbringers II, including all the models that will be coming with it (if it's a similar sized release to Book I). One of these will be Skaven. They'll show the Big Pig again for consistency. 
  • Freeguild centrepiece (whether it's Cogfort, War Altar, etc) OR ranged infantry unit.
  • Warcry starter that was already leaked. New Order and Destruction warbands - new season box? 
  • Underworlds Chaos warband (because the road map says it's Chaos) - Nurgle have only had one and they were popular, so probably them.
  • New plastic Bretonnian and Tomb King unit, one each.
  • Epic Heresy (they've already all but confirmed that above).
  • 30k resin characters and upgrades, maybe the two Knight-Cerastus builds they've not shown yet. 
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

All aboard!

http://goblinlee.blogspot.com/2019/05/ratspike-john-blanche.html

That would be art by John Blanche. It might have been used in Warhammer Fantasy Battle 3rd edition rule book. Warhammer books of that era were full of art by people like JB and Chris Achilleos.

Edited by Wraith
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

All aboard!

On the gotrek book im reading just now. Goblins stole airships from the karadron to conquer the realm under the light of the badmoon. Pretty funny to be honest..

• Thanks 1