The Rumour Thread

16 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Oh My God Okay GIF - Oh My God Okay Its Happening - Discover & Share GIFs

Are we getting like 4 new Warcry warbands here?!

Or perhaps a taste of the future dwarfiness to come?
Or it's just Fyreslayers vs Kruleboyz and my hopes and dreams of a Cities warband have been crushed... (but then where does Hammer and Bolter fit in? Surprise Darkoath?)

Nah at this point I am indeed just guessing. But indeed plenty good stuff are coming

• Like 10

Just now, Whitefang said:

Nah at this point I am indeed just guessing. But indeed plenty good stuff are coming

"Thus the day has come where they hath descended upon thine mortal plane, speculating like the common folk, even if for just a moment before returning to the heavens."
-Book of the Fangs, Chapter XIV: "Ponderings on a Whitefang"

• Haha 9

Fyreslayers have sheds too, probably!  (Well, they probably have runic fyre-sheds, I guess.)

I think Whitefang is suggesting that there is a Fyreslayers warband (or at least future Fyreslayer models) on the way, but they won't be showing up in time for this preview.

3 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

I am hyped about a new Troggoth and possibly more for Warclans. Also like to see what direction Warcry is going to take after all these big boxes i cant afford.

Got a like! Troggoth hypetrain at fullspeed ! ! !

Edit: also hyped for Fyreslayers. Have been praying for them to get something good.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I think everyone needs to calm down and hope for the best and expect the worst! 

We all get a little carried away and then get disappointed because GW didn't deliver the hype we built. 

What I'm expecting 

AoS - the cities launch box revealed. 

Cover of Dawnbringers book 2

Underworlds - a new warband 

Wacry - new beginners set we've seen leaked 

TOW - one new model

Expectations low - never dissapointed! 

• Like 5

Realistic expectations.

AOS - Cities of Sigmar reveals one full unit and Character. Dawnbringers Book II and minis revealed.

Underworlds - New Starter Box with already released Warbands. 1 new Warband revealed.

Warcry - SCE vs Crimson Court Starter Revealed. 1 new Warband Revealed.

HH - Not bothered.

TOW - Not bothered, 1 mini revealed.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Realistic expectations.

Yeah having slept over last night discussions I can think of : 

• AOS : Dawnbringer Book II ; some Cities of Sigmar Reveals that tie with Hammer & Bolter episode
  • WHU : Skaven Warband, maybe Pestilens
  • Warcry : Simplified Summer Starter Set reveal (leaked SCE vs Vampires) ; Kruleboyz Warband reveal / teaser (definitely their logo on the axe)
  • TOW : 1 plastic midi revealed (maybe Liche Priest given the 3d render)
  • HH : Knights or Mark III or whatever.

Tonight is also the last of the "Herald / Book I"-related Dawnbringer Chronicle. The first supplement itself goes to preorder tomorrow before the Preview. I hope it contains Cities Of Sigmar units at least in the photography.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Realistic expectations.

AOS - Cities of Sigmar reveals one full unit and Character. Dawnbringers Book II and minis revealed.

Underworlds - New Starter Box with already released Warbands. 1 new Warband revealed.

Warcry - SCE vs Crimson Court Starter Revealed. 1 new Warband Revealed.

HH - Not bothered.

TOW - Not bothered, 1 mini revealed.

That underworlds starter is already out 😄. I am expecting only nexr warband reveal

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Aleser said:

That underworlds starter is already out 😄. I am expecting only nexr warband reveal

starter yes, but there is a 2 band core box scheudled in autumn, so teaser/reveal of the box and/or the chaos warband.

6 minutes ago, Gotz said:

starter yes, but there is a 2 band core box scheudled in autumn, so teaser/reveal of the box and/or the chaos warband.

They might save that for now because new season will start in late october so it might be too early for reveal. But I am up for it 😁

8 hours ago, Ogregut said:

I think everyone needs to calm down and hope for the best and expect the worst! 

I feel like this with most things in life. Although I have definitely changed when it comes to the more inconsequential things in life. "Warhammer" is a fun hobby. It's little plastic men, playing games, reading, writing, being creative and allowing your imagination to run wild for a bit. ****** it, I like allowing myself to get a little hype. It's fun. I realise we live in boring reality, but wouldn't it be cool if we get a full CoS range drop! With new Birdmen of Catrazza! 🤩

Edited by Hollow
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Current marauders date from 2002. About time they had a facelift. 

Thanks for the heart reacted @Whitefang ! More water for the chat's rumour mill...

I just find it strange that the new marauders, which I consider all but confirmed at this point, are releasing now and not in January alongside the rest of the StD range refresh. The ways of GeeDubs are strange sometimes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Just now, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Thanks for the heart reacted @Whitefang ! More water for the chat's rumour mill...

I just find it strange that the new marauders, which I consider all but confirmed at this point, are releasing now and not in January alongside the rest of the StD range refresh. The ways of GeeDubs are strange sometimes. 

From a marketing perspective it's probably smart. Release range revamps that are too big all at a time, and people won't buy everything but just pick out what they really want. Multiple smaller ones, and people are probably more willing to buy everything.

• Like 2

Whitefang is hinting at a lot of things that are on the way but I'm sure a lot of them won't be at the preview. 

I'm expecting one undergrounds warband which may well be Skaven. I think it's too early to start teasing the next edition as it probably won't be out until the end of autumn. 

The teaser suggests that we will see more than the starter box. Whitefang seems to be suggesting that we will see Fyreslayers and kruleboyz at some point but maybe not at this weekends preview. I'm secretly hoping for a cities warband it would be a perfect opportunity to include a variety of races. We've already seen that with some of the chaos warbands. 

We will probably get a full unveiling of book 2 of dawnbringers with the Troggoth and maybe some other stuff. Ogors? 

Assuming there is a launch box for cities, I'm expecting to see that and hopefully a couple of new things for cities if not the full range. 

With stuff for Ogors, Kurnothi, Skaven, FeC, Stormcast  and Darkoath on the way in the next year or so it's a pretty exciting time for AoS. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1