The Rumour Thread

20 hours ago, goatchoker1 said:

If Ushoran is not part of the FEC release. I will personally riot and staple myself to the games workshop citadel. If @whitefang does not heart emoji this im booking my ticket. 

The hostile takeover as begun. 

Also, if he cannot sacrifice casts to add attacks to his melee profiles, I will weep many many tears.

Oh FFS @Whitefang has laugh emoted. Ushoran is off the table FEC players. Everyone book your tickets, we're stapling ourselves to the GW citadel. 

Ok so for those who have just come to the rumour thread and are a bit confused about what is happening, let me recap Whitefang confirmed the big troggoth with a magic portal on its back from the Dawnbringer short story is an upcoming miniature. That troggoth is a hero for the GSG, and he shines the light of the Bad Moon through the portal to the tabletop. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

The best. Yet.

That Huge Troggoth is a massive sign of the future!!

What if its a portal to the Everdank? What if Gloomspite are spreading?

@Whitefang liked a comment referring to new Troggs outside of Warcry, maybe this is the new Troggoth!? A hero Trogg!?

40 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

GW seem to like their things getting piggybacks at the moment lol. 

I can see the troggoth with a portal on its back being something that directly shines the light of the bad moon, a big moon mirror with a couple of luna crazed grots to direct it. 

Maybe with a second build of a hero trog? 

A Like and a Thanks react from @Whitefang!! 

@Ogregut I cant wait to see the mini revealed as you described it to be 100% accurate!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Typical, eh? A Fyreslayer story... and the hype is around a potential new model that may be getting teased for a faction that ISN'T Fyreslayers.

We're truly cursed. 

I liked the story at least. Nothing super interesting, but not bad. I was really hoping some more FS models/units would be teased, but there's still time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

A Like and a Thanks react from @Whitefang!! 

@Ogregut I cant wait to see the mini revealed as you described it to be 100% accurate!!

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Ok so for those who have just come to the rumour thread and are a bit confused about what is happening, let me recap Whitefang confirmed the big troggoth with a magic portal on its back from the Dawnbringer short story is an upcoming miniature. That troggoth is a hero for the GSG, and he shines the light of the Bad Moon through the portal to the tabletop. 

As someone teetering on the edge of falling into starting a GSG army, I would absolutely love something like this.

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

The best. Yet.

That Huge Troggoth is a massive sign of the future!!

What if its a portal to the Everdank? What if Gloomspite are spreading?

@Whitefang liked a comment referring to new Troggs outside of Warcry, maybe this is the new Troggoth!? A hero Trogg!?

This made my day. Hype ! ! ! ! 

Was really hoping for more Orruks but i cant ever say no to more Troggoths.

Could this be the magic Troggoth we have been waiting for?

Edited by Gitzdee
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

GSG have had consistent releases ever since they appeared in 2nd Ed. Maybe they're the real posterboyz of Destruction after all, and not the Orruks...

I dont know if Destruction really need posterboyz but i know GW usually follows the money and GSG are said to be really popular.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Typical, eh? A Fyreslayer story... and the hype is around a potential new model that may be getting teased for a faction that ISN'T Fyreslayers.

We're truly cursed. 

@Whitefang's laugh reaction to your post is obviously shorthand for:

"Ha ha ha, just you wait to see the looks on thier faces when the mass expansion of the Fyreslayers is revealed including the fire-lizard chariots"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

32 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I cant help but picture a Trogg version of the Mutalith Vortex Beast. Its a great time to be a GSG player. Cant help but wonder if this is going to be a big center piece model like the Maw Grunta. 

I'm excited and nervous. 

Is it going to be goofy and stylized like the dankhold or more realistic and scary like the mirebrute/sloggoth?...

I'm hoping for the latter. 🤞

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

Just had a thought that there are four harbinger heroes coming and we've had three stories so far, so next week we'll get a story about the gobbo and most likely, either the preorder or its announcement

We'll know on Sunday and my money is the GHB and Harbingers will be announced for pre order. 

We can all rejoice now as well, Leviathan is out tomorrow so the seemingly endless articles about it are over! 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

I'm excited and nervous. 

Is it going to be goofy and stylized like the dankhold or more realistic and scary like the mirebrute/sloggoth?...

I'm hoping for the latter. 🤞

I hope scary. But i think its going to be goofy. Its GSG so i has to fit a certain formula i guess.

• Like 1

Just thinking, and Apologise if said already. But remember Malign Portents.

We also got Harbingers then. Each was followed by a fairly big release or army update. Neither Gloomspite or Nighthaunt had been released yet. Darkoath in a way was the smallest release as Darkoath only got warband later down the line - but it heralded Warcry from what I remember. 

I can easily see Gloomspite, Fyreslayers and FEC getting more models and maybe a centre piece each. But Maggotkin I’m stumped on, unless it’s either Festus or Epidemius getting a glowup. And maybe some Blight kin Horsey Knights.

F85EB82A-D6EA-4910-A565-943AE772665E.jpeg

• Like 4