The Rumour Thread

41 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

QCcWkfOp12JbW332.jpg

The skull is the same as the one you can find on the pants of the kraken eater gargant.  Too small to be a weapon for one of them, but seemingly the right size for an Ogor-sized being. I will wager and say that this is at least part of a destruction faction of some sort.

image.png.5b87c90d9aa338e0ceb9f9e5856ae2f7.png

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

OGOR MAWTRIBES!!!!!

I concur, this is classic Ogor weapon engineering. A mix of wood, leather, bone, and stone elements reinforced with metal bolts. Ironjawz use metal weapons, bonesplitters and Troggoths don't use bolts, definitely an Ogor.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

@Whitefang just one question.

Are you sure that it's not a figurehead from an awesome Grottbag Skuttlers skyships/Ironclad?

Because, you know, sometimes you want to like a Grottbag Skuttlers comment but for whatever reason you put a like on an Ogor's Mawtribe...

Edited by Beliman
Lol, Sluttlers instead of skuttlers
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, Ledgington said:

I  like the new model, and the one rule we've seen is nice and thematic. However, looking back at older models, most ogres/ogors associated with humans in Warhammer haven't had as exaggerated guts...

The original Warhammer Fantasy Ogre was... just a big human. A bit beefier, a bit thicker of skull, but a human. Those seen up to 5th edition, those in Blood Bowl, Mordheim, etc.

6th edition's Ogre Kingdoms changed that. It introduced the whole "gut" concept - not only Ogres being hefty boys, worshippers of a Great Maw, but changing the biology of an Ogre from "big human" to "literally has their vital organs down in their guts". Like... presumably a Warhammer Ogre's ribcage protects a massive, cavernous stomach, because their heart, liver, kidneys, lungs, and spleen are stated to be "far lower" than a man's. "Protected by a skein of muscle".

It's also one of the reasons why the character Bragg the Gutsman was so terrifying to other Ogres - he's a dude that hooks and rips out peoples guts. And the guts are where Ogres have their important stuff.

I think the only Ogre models associated with humans we got after OK's creation were the "new" Maneaters, and they all had big guts.

//

Skinny Ogors are cool, and look great. It is a physiological change though (assuming that Ogors are intended to be the same as WHFB's). A skinny WHFB Ogre would be unhealthy.

Of course, GW always plays fast and loose with things like this. Let's not forget that the original 6th edition Ogre Kingdoms release also gave Ogres weird grey skin, which was quickly gotten rid of.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, LordSolarMach said:

The original Warhammer Fantasy Ogre was... just a big human. A bit beefier, a bit thicker of skull, but a human. Those seen up to 5th edition, those in Blood Bowl, Mordheim, etc.

6th edition's Ogre Kingdoms changed that. It introduced the whole "gut" concept - not only Ogres being hefty boys, worshippers of a Great Maw, but changing the biology of an Ogre from "big human" to "literally has their vital organs down in their guts". Like... presumably a Warhammer Ogre's ribcage protects a massive, cavernous stomach, because their heart, liver, kidneys, lungs, and spleen are stated to be "far lower" than a man's. "Protected by a skein of muscle".

It's also one of the reasons why the character Bragg the Gutsman was so terrifying to other Ogres - he's a dude that hooks and rips out peoples guts. And the guts are where Ogres have their important stuff.

I think the only Ogre models associated with humans we got after OK's creation were the "new" Maneaters, and they all had big guts.

//

Skinny Ogors are cool, and look great. It is a physiological change though (assuming that Ogors are intended to be the same as WHFB's). A skinny WHFB Ogre would be unhealthy.

Of course, GW always plays fast and loose with things like this. Let's not forget that the original 6th edition Ogre Kingdoms release also gave Ogres weird grey skin, which was quickly gotten rid of.

GW has released Ogor models that follow the more traditional "pudge-y" look with the underworld warbands and Tyrant, and I think that a noticeable difference in size is fine, as long as they keep it consistent between the native ogors and the ones that are more integrated into other civilizations.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

GW has released Ogor models that follow the more traditional "pudge-y" look with the underworld warbands and Tyrant, and I think that a noticeable difference in size is fine, as long as they keep it consistent between the native ogors and the ones that are more integrated into other civilizations.

Yeah, the look is great.

I'm just... I guess pointing out that it is a change?

The explanation that these cities Ogors don't eat as much doesn't quite (for me) explain how skinny they are, as Warhammer Ogres (and one assumes Ogors) had previously been defined as not having the same abdomen as a human being. If, instead of the "big belly" concept, Ogre Kingdoms had changed all of Warhammer's Ogres to have two heads (so that they can eat twice as much!), and now we got single headed cities Ogors... 

I'd like them. I'd think they looked better. But it would be a change to what they were. And "they eat less" wouldn't quite work for me as an explanation for why they lack a second head.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1