The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Yeah, most likely they'll keep it for a fully fledged preview show (are we getting one in July btw ? I can't remember).

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/07/10/warhammer-preview-online-summer-skirmish-find-all-of-the-reveals-right-here/

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/07/10/warhammer-preview-online-octarius-mission-briefing/

We've had them the last 2 years. One skirmish game focused and the other narratively 40k. Maybe now we are getting one themed around the Dawnbringers books?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Asbestress said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/06/17/saturday-pre-orders-brace-yourself-for-one-more-week-before-leviathan-lands/

And that’s not to forget Warhammer Age of Sigmar. We’re previewing a fantastic new miniature for the Cities of Sigmar, and there’s more fiction from the Dawnbringer Chronicles, alongside loads of other articles to get you excited about all things Warhammer.

Mr. Bison Says Yes! GIF - Mr Bison Street Fighter Yes - Discover & Share  GIFs

2 hours ago, Asbestress said:

I'm betting on a leader (Warpriest?), a mini from a larger unit (Greatswords equivalent?), or ogor (KingBrodd deserves it 😛).

Or it's just their wording and we are getting a full unit.
War Altar/Artillery seems too "early" (not in time, but in the scheme of the other revealed minis), although a centerpiece mini being shown would be awesome.

CITIES OGOR MANEATER LETS GOOO!!

As a mawtribes player, I'd love me some plastic maneaters. I don't care if they're going to be CoS, I'd buy them and field them regardless.

Besides a range refresh for the plastic kits, Ogors just need plastic heroes, a maneater, and a named character akin to Greasus Goldtooth from WHFB. Bloodpelt hunter was a weird release, given the other hunter mini is still around.

• Like 1

Looks like new Cities miniature shown on Monday and Dawnbringers fiction on Friday?

“And that’s not to forget Warhammer Age of Sigmar. We’re previewing a fantastic new miniature for the Cities of Sigmar, and there’s more fiction from the Dawnbringer Chronicles, alongside loads of other articles to get you excited about all things Warhammer.”

Edited by Ledgington

7 hours ago, Asbestress said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/07/10/warhammer-preview-online-summer-skirmish-find-all-of-the-reveals-right-here/

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/07/10/warhammer-preview-online-octarius-mission-briefing/

We've had them the last 2 years. One skirmish game focused and the other narratively 40k. Maybe now we are getting one themed around the Dawnbringers books?

There were both preview for skirmish game so my bet would be something for Warcry considering that a new launch box is suppose to come out soon (like somewhere in August before NOVA) 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Asbestress said:

I'm betting on a leader (Warpriest?), a mini from a larger unit (Greatswords equivalent?), or ogor (KingBrodd deserves it 😛).

Or it's just their wording and we are getting a full unit.
War Altar/Artillery seems too "early" (not in time, but in the scheme of the other revealed minis), although a centerpiece mini being shown would be awesome.

I honestly love to see one of the new handgunners. I am even more interested in those than whatever foot heroes Cities will get.

• Like 5

Do we think we won't see all of dawnbrinhers/cities update in one release? 

I have this feeling well see a good core alongside a dscruon starter box like they did with Lumineth. Then 6-12 months later we'll get wave two? Included more witch hunters, collegiate, and some devoted all coming later with some elves and dwarves

49 minutes ago, CDM said:

Do we think we won't see all of dawnbrinhers/cities update in one release? 

I have this feeling well see a good core alongside a dscruon starter box like they did with Lumineth. Then 6-12 months later we'll get wave two? Included more witch hunters, collegiate, and some devoted all coming later with some elves and dwarves

I'd say us getting any clues on it depends on the size of the initial release (e.g.: smallish with 8-9 kits or larger with 10-12) and how "expandable" the army seems to be in the Battletome, like the temples for Lumineth, mentions/descriptions of subfactions/units in the lore section but not available in miniature form (e.g.: large attention given to Ironweld/Dispossessed/etc. with Ironweld Engineers/Border Walkers/Dispossessed Runegolems etc. without any new releases for them).

Of course, mentions in BTs don't guarantee a second wave, but imo it makes it more like. I imagine that if we are getting a second wave it would either be at the end of the Dawnbringers book series or for the 4th Edition BT release.

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

We'll see the cult of the wheel I think. Like, some kind of war altar, but instead of being wheeled and pulled by animals, it's rested on the shoulders of a mass of cultists. 

Or maybe, based on the Dawnbringers art we've seen, it'll be on a big floating boulder and pulled along on ropes or chains by the faithful.

Edited by EntMan
  • Like 1

Is anyone else just really really happy AOS is coming back from its slump?

We have an abundance of Warcry and Underworlds Warbands in the pipeline.

We finally have the new and improved Cities of Sigmar coming.

And we have a new Narrative event due to start in the coming weeks alongside miniature and range updates to coincide with it.

The future is looking brighter than Hysh dear friends!!

• Like 10
  • LOVE IT! 1

13 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

And we have a new Narrative event due to start in the coming weeks alongside miniature and range updates to coincide with it.

I feel like AoS came back from its slump in January. This year we've had a big release of Slaves to Darkness in January a huge selection of battletomes - definitely the most books in a six month period ever, a big Seraphon release two impressive warcry releases. Even during the month of 40k we've had AoS take centre stage on Warhammer+ with a surprisingly good series and the announcement of the first major AoS videogame. The Dawnbringer narrative has already been going for two weeks with free fiction. 

I'm definitely a bit frustrated about the slow drip feed of cities info but that's only because I'm so excited to see what that army looks like. 

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Yeah, the great Seraphon update and cool upcoming releases really helped spirits I think. I think CoS‘ release is especially important as AoS needed „the regular guy“ to offset all the other factions. I bet this will make the whole setting more tangible and anchor it, it’s why I’ve always said CoS needs to come fast. Now I‘m keeping my fingers crossed for Skaven but looks like their upgrade is a sure thing with 4th ed.

The only bad thing is that there are now around 5 forces I‘d love to call my own and I‘m already waaay too slow with just my Tzeentch stuff. My personal hope is that 4th ed won‘t add too many rules, I hope AoS stays simpler than 40k overall cause my group wants a simple ruleset and I dread the idea of them quitting! 😅

• Like 5

1 minute ago, MitGas said:

Yeah, the great Seraphon update and cool upcoming releases really helped spirits I think. I think CoS‘ release is especially important as AoS needed „the regular guy“ to offset all the other factions. I bet this will make the whole setting more tangible and anchor it, it’s why I’ve always said CoS needs to come fast. Now I‘m keeping my fingers crossed for Skaven but looks like their upgrade is a sure thing with 4th ed.

The only bad thing is that there are now around 5 forces I‘d love to call my own and I‘m already waaay too slow with just my Tzeentch stuff. My personal hope is that 4th ed won‘t add too many rules, I hope AoS stays simpler than 40k overall cause my group wants a simple ruleset and I dread the idea of them quitting! 😅

Isn't 40k meant to be super simple now? 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Isn't 40k meant to be super simple now? 

That's just a buzzword they like to use to claw people back who abandoned the prior edition when it got too bloated by all the extra books you need to buy.

Aside from the first five minutes of 8th, 40k's always been a Frankenstein's Monster of a ruleset once you leave GW unattended with it for more than a few hours.

AoS isn't immune to that either of course, but at least the designers seem to have some self-awareness that people won't always stick with it through thick and thin, and that they need to do a relatively decent job maintaining the boat. (see also: the AoS App vs 40k App)

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

I have been out of the hobby for a while so I haven’t really notice anything tbh

or not really mettling with the new releases as much as in the past

that and my store community went on a 40K binge with new players and AoS has been sideline all year 

Edited by novakai

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

I think it's due to the cyclical nature of GW releases. One year 40k takes the spotlight, the other AoS, then 40k, etc. and the cycle continues on, again and again. This year, we're an AoS year. It started slowly this January with StD because the focus was Arks of Omen. Then there's 10th ed to hype. Once that's over, and 10th gently gets started with its merry cycle of codexes, AoS will have more time to shine. I do believe this will last until 4th drop. 

• Like 1

Meant to be some bloodbowl made to order on pre order but no mention of what. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/06/18/sunday-preview-warhammer-40000-essentials-and-blood-bowl-extras/?utm_source=CUSTOMERS&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=GW_18th_June_Preview_ENG_&utm_content=&utm_term=

Seems bloodbowl was a mistake. 

Screenshot_20230618_183000_Facebook.jpg

Edited by Ogregut