The Rumour Thread

48 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Actually it does. Resources are limited. It's either another wave of Stormcasts or any other army. SC have 4x more minis than some armies. Do we really want to make it 5x?

Yeah, that's why I said I wanted remakes of already existing SCE sculpts, not brand new ones, especially the 1st ed ones because they have aged poorly imo, so instead of adding even more minis, it's just replacements for existing ones. Nothing gets added, new miniatures get released, old ones get discontinued, some warscrolls (hopefully) get merged, everyone is happy.

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

Maybe I'm wrong, but people are just mixing things? 

Doesn't matter if the rule writers can make a good rules or not (btw, SCE rules are horrible), and of course, with 400% more models, it's easier to bloat their rules and have a lot of meh units overall. 

But we are talking about having 30-40 units overall, like Lumineth. I have some Fyreslayers too (mainly played as ol'Barak-Thryng), but even if I really want to start an army of Fyreslayers since 2016, their small roster of 3 units is pushing me out (and I really like their theme btw). Instead, I play KOs... but that's just me.

Of course we don't need 20 battleline units with 20 elite troops and 20 cavalry, all of them with meh rules appart from the new shiny ones. But that's another reason to stop producing more SCE and focus on other armies, so we are in the same page!

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but people are just mixing things? 

Doesn't matter if the rule writers can make a good rules or not (btw, SCE rules are horrible), and of course, with 400% more models, it's easier to bloat their rules and have a lot of meh units overall. 

But we are talking about having 30-40 units overall, like Lumineth. I have some Fyreslayers too (mainly played as ol'Barak-Thryng), but even if I really want to start an army of Fyreslayers since 2016, their small roster of 3 units is pushing me out (and I really like their theme btw). Instead, I play KOs... but that's just me.

Of course we don't need 20 battleline units with 20 elite troops and 20 cavalry, all of them with meh rules appart from the new shiny ones. But that's another reason to stop producing more SCE and focus on other armies, so we are in the same page!

The point is, the SCE representation does not come at a cost to other factions. Since the Dominion/Thunderstrike wave we had a brand new army, a number of refreshes and expansions. I am sure GW does have some reasons for why they'd not expanded Fyreslayers (as an example) for so many years now, but believe me, it's not because they make new Stormcast all the time*.

*they don't even do that. Apart from Underworlds and Warcry there were practically no new Stormcast units since the launch of the third edition AoS.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I think this is part of the point, that just like the marines line, the Stormcast have a huge amount of redundancy, even if the (high) quantity doesn't stretch to the complete dominance marines has over the 40k line. Something can be not-great without stretching to the out-of-control level you see in 40k.

I think it's completely fair for non-SC players to look at the SC's 4th or 5th respective line infantry unit (or basic missile infantry, or monstrous cavalry), most of which have relatively minor differences between them in terms of role, and feel left behind. So too when the call is to release a visual update for some of these kits, when other ranges have barely a handful of units.

Like, it's weird to me that people are concerned about tiny AoS ranges potentially getting bloated or doubling up when that's already the case with Stormcast, several times over. You could comfortably amalgamate a quarter to a third of their warscrolls without any meaningful effect.

• Thanks 1

Not sure where they come from, but new rumors:

Lore of Primal Frost:

• Hoarfrost
  • Cutting Air: CV7, Wholly within 18", Add D6+6 extra range to missile weapons  or +1 atk to missile weapons.
  • Ice Capsule: CV6, caster cannot move but gain +1save and Ward4+
  • Primal Blizzard: CV8, 1D6 visible units take 1D3mw each and 1/2 of their movement.

Primal Magic: Extra dice in casting, unbinding or dispelling, but 1D3mw and the action fail on a double.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 2

As a SCE player i actually hope for no new Models for at least 2 years. I have enough to paint and such a wide range of minitures. Its time for others to move in the spotlite. CoS would be perfect as the beginner Good Guys too.

But I Hope for Malerion vs Skaven in AoS 4.0. Changes are Low but that would be awesome 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Ooh, are there going to be fyreslayer models in that issue? Or just lore?

Just the lore I’m afraid. The models are the images in the bottom left or right of the cover. That issue is half of the Marshcrawla

Edited by Ledgington

1 hour ago, Grungnisson said:

The point is, the SCE representation does not come at a cost to other factions.

Of course it does. It's either another Stormcast chamber or 2nd wave for an army with 15-18 models. People who currently design another 10 SC miniatures could have been working on much needed new units for Fyreslayers, DoK or Ironjawz. Every SC miniature that is being printed takes place of new Grave Guard, Gutter Runners or Savage Orruks that are highly expected from the community for years. GW doesn't have separate workers, writers and printers just for GW. Everything is shared. Each time we see another SC mini announced on Warhammer Community site, we could have enjoyed a new ogor, Kurnothi or Dark Aelf mini instead.

There is really no need for SC to get another wave every 2 or 3 years. New starter set could introduce Cities of Sigmar or Lumineth instead.

And it does affect some people. I have two friends who lost interest in the hobby because of lack of support. Fyreslayer and Ironjawz players.

I also never started Fyreslayer army because  I was being afraid that they will never be further developed although I liked their design.

Also, best regards to @LordAlpharius who is confused with my posts for all eternity! Never seen a different reaction from you. How confusing.

Edited by Aeryenn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, EntMan said:

I'm pretty sure the Sunday preview said plural miniatures reveals this week.

I think we've just had the Tyrannid so far. Have I missed anything or can we expect something today or tomorrow?

IM NOT EVEN COLLECTING CITIES AND I WANT TO SEE WHAT PUNY HOOMAN MORTALS WILL BE AVAILABLE TO CRUSH AND EAT.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

56 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Not sure where they come from, but new rumors:

Lore of Primal Frost:

• Hoarfrost
  • Cutting Air: CV7, Wholly within 18", Add D6+6 extra range to missile weapons  or +1 atk to missile weapons.
  • Ice Capsule: CV6, caster cannot move but gain +1save and Ward4+
  • Primal Blizzard: CV8, 1D6 visible units take 1D3mw each and 1/2 of their movement.

Primal Magic: Extra dice in casting, unbinding or dispelling, but 1D3mw and the action fail on a double.

Cutting Air on Blissbarb Archers will be so much fun 😏

Other than that, every Slann Starmaster will love his new Ice Capsule (they don’t really need to move a lot) and blasting with Blizzard on top of dropping Comets.

I'm completely ok with Stormcast being the "poster boys" for AoS. I feel that with 3rd edition the SCE have become so much more fleshed out. We are actually starting to see some real depth, which I hope is expanded upon in 4th Edition. I do think there has to be some practical realities to consider. It is great introductory marketing to have Sci-Fi super warriors in Marines and Fantasy super warriors in StormCast. It's a very digestible and approachable entry point into huge IPs. (Some who already play the games seem to take for granted that they understand and know the settings. Put yourself in the position of approaching GW for the first time.) 

What I do hope, is that GW is far more ruthless when it comes to maintaining the SCE product line, and doesn't allow it to become the bloated mess that Marines have become in 40k. when it comes to "Number of Kits" I think the screenshot showing 68 entries on the GW website isn't actually a great reflection of the StormCast Eternal collection. 

There is currently about 50 Kits in the SCE collection. 18 of the 68 shown are paints and multi-purpose kits. (I think counting mult-kits as multiple different entries in terms of "support" is a bit unfair) 

Going forward I would actually like to see GW keep a solid 50 kits and operate a one-in-one-out policy for new kits going forward.  Want to release 3 more SC kits? Great, either upgrade or replace models in the line. Like a well-pruned and maintained Bonzai Tree. Cut the bottom performing and oldest 10% each year. 

Edited by Hollow
  • Like 7

11 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I laughed so hard at this I woke the wife up.

Mate me too!! I cannot wait to see if its real and how modular it can be. Hopefully they are like the 40K Cities of Death kits from...oh Sigmar I felt like they were recent and looked them up and they were released in 2006!? Those 17 years really flew by.

Glad you enjoyed the joke, I often feel guilty as I play 3 factions (S2D, SCE and Ogors) and all of them are spoilt for choice when it comes to models.

We need some nice pristine buildings for your Gargants to crush, and my Stonehorn/Thundertusks to smash! I hope the Dawnbringers books introduce some actual siege mechanics. I still think developing a profile for buildings based around the basic type of building (wall, fortress, gate etc.) and material (wood, rock, steel, elemental etc.) could lead to some cool and easily adaptible rules for any type of terrain piece. Possibly have the type of building represent the number of wounds and the material represent its save/resistance to damage?

But I also hope we get an equivalent for boarding actions to represent city streets, dungeons and mines and I also think a season of nautical warcry terrain and rules would be amazing... so I guess I am just interested in varied battles lol.

• LOVE IT! 1

23 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Of course it does. It's either another Stormcast chamber or 2nd wave for an army with 15-18 models. People who currently design another 10 SC miniatures could have been working on much needed new units for Fyreslayers, DoK or Ironjawz.

Could have, but they wouldn't, because the decision to not expand those armies has got nothing to do with the manpower. I already stated it in my previous post. GW isn't adding units to the Fyreslayers line not because they can't spare people to do so, it's because they currently don't have a strategy to do so. 

If/when they do, they will direct people to work on it regardless, whether SCE have any new kits or not, so my point stands.

• Like 7

Another hope (although I suspect I may be in the minority) would be that 4th moves away from big Faction-wide 10 kits releases and moves to more 5/10 kits spread across the factions of a grand alliance. I personally would love to see 2 full new kits (not single characters) for 5/7 existing factions than the introduction of a new faction with 10 new kits. (Although both would be preferable) 

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Another hope (although I suspect I may be in the minority) would be that 4th moves away from big Faction-wide 10 kits releases and moves to more 5/10 kits spread across the factions of a grand alliance. I personally would love to see 2 full new kits (not single characters) for 5/7 existing factions than the introduction of a new faction with 10 new kits. (Although both would be preferable) 

I guess this is what happens - once they update FEC, BoC, Skaven, CoS and (hopefully) Bonesplittterz and Ogors, though I don’t think the last two will get more than 2-3 kits.

16 minutes ago, Flippy said:

I guess this is what happens - once they update FEC, BoC, Skaven, CoS and (hopefully) Bonesplittterz and Ogors, though I don’t think the last two will get more than 2-3 kits.

If we assume it's true that the next Starter Box is Skaven vs SC, then in terms of large ranges made mostly of old WHFB models and resin, at that point only BoC and Ogors are left to get the big range update treatment, which leaves plenty of slots for updates of smaller factions and/or new armies, and I don't think we're suddenly going to get a ton of new armies in 4th, considering we've so far only gotten KB in 3rd, and technically as a new sub-army only.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dukeus said:

Its time for others to move in the spotlite. CoS would be perfect as the beginner Good Guys too.

I agree that other armies do need their time in the spotlight, but CoS as a starter/beginner faction is something that I kind of doubt would work well. SCE are easy to paint (and easy to make look pretty good too), don't need much customization and are relatively easy to play.

CoS is one of the armies with the most options. City choice, ally choice, tons of unit options, etc. Models with a lot more details to paint too. And subjectively, they're pretty low-fantasy in the grand scheme of AoS, SCE are a better introduction to the setting as a whole too.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Selfish

It's ok to not like or not agree how GW does things for AoS. It's also ok to disagree with someone else on the thread, because we can't all have the same opinions (if we had we would be all clones and it would be frankly really boring). It's even ok to feel upset.

But it's not ok to go out and call other forum members like that. That was personal, and you didn't need to do that. 

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Grungnisson said:

Could have, but they wouldn't, because the decision to not expand those armies has got nothing to do with the manpower. I already stated it in my previous post. GW isn't adding units to the Fyreslayers line not because they can't spare people to do so, it's because they currently don't have a strategy to do so. 

If/when they do, they will direct people to work on it regardless, whether SCE have any new kits or not, so my point stands.

And my point stands as this decision is bad in many ways.

1. Leaves Fyreslayer, Ironjawz, DoK etc. players poorly supported. Rules aren't everything they need.

2. Discourage potential new players to buy those unsupported armies

3. It might lead the setting to be boring (look at 40k's dozens of space marine same looking models).

Yes, AoS is not in a position of 40k and I really hope it stays that way. The more people say they want new Stormcast models the closer we get to 40k Space Marine problem.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

It's ok to not like or not agree how GW does things for AoS. It's also ok to disagree with someone else on the thread, because we can't all have the same opinions (if we had we would be all clones and it would be frankly really boring). It's even ok to feel upset.

But it's not ok to go out and call other forum members like that. 

If somebody finds that offensive I think forums are places to be avoided. That's what I think about that person's opinion. Not him/her as a person.

It is selfish to favor one faction to that degree knowing that there are people who didn't receive a single model for years.

Edited by Aeryenn
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4