The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I did notice that some of the models rumoured to leave CoS are included in the old world. Could the Aelves be returning to Sylvaneth within a Kurnoth subfaction?

Some of the "wanderers" kits are the same age as some Sylvaneth kits like the Treeman. I would feel weird for GW to scrap them now. I think a return to the OW is pretty likely, and I feel like some of the most fantastical units of that range, like the wild riders/sisters of the thorn could make their way into Sylvaneths. What backs this imo is that some Sylvaneth minis (I think arch revenant and one of the dragonfly cavalries) have helmets that looks just like those of wild riders. Hence why I think those particular minis could be recycled with no problem into Sylvaneth.

As for all the other surviving wood elves kits, I have no clue. But they look less "Sylvaneth compatible".

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I miss Whitefang, its been a while since we had a good rumour.

The thing i want to know most of all is if we are getting another army or complete rework of an older army at the end of this edition or not. Mostly because we already got seraphon and CoS is up next and those are some huge releases already.

We know something Kurnoth is brewing somewhere and some mentions of Chorfs and Malerion have been thrown around. Its just hard to tell nowadays if a runour is AoS, Underworlds or Warcry (or old world).

I did notice that some of the models rumoured to leave CoS are included in the old world. Could the Aelves be returning to Sylvaneth within a Kurnoth subfaction?

I'm honestly quite impressed there's not loads of Tyranid rumours doing the rounds. Everything feels very quiet on the rumour front in general right now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Some of the "wanderers" kits are the same age as some Sylvaneth kits like the Treeman. I would feel weird for GW to scrap them now. I think a return to the OW is pretty likely, and I feel like some of the most fantastical units of that range, like the wild riders/sisters of the thorn could make their way into Sylvaneths. What backs this imo is that some Sylvaneth minis (I think arch revenant and one of the dragonfly cavalries) have helmets that looks just like those of wild riders. Hence why I think those particular minis could be recycled with no problem into Sylvaneth.

As for all the other surviving wood elves kits, I have no clue. But they look less "Sylvaneth compatible".

Good point on the wild riders. I always thought they looked somewhat similar to revenants. I do wonder how they would fix that lore wise. They would have to leave CoS and Wanderers would be squated and somehow some units would cross over to Sylvaneth. 

• Like 2

Just now, Gitzdee said:

Good point on the wild riders. I always thought they looked somewhat similar to revenants. I do wonder how they would fix that lore wise. They would have to leave CoS and Wanderers would be squated and somehow some units would cross over to Sylvaneth. 

Wild riders were a big part of the wild hunt led by Orion so if Kurnoth returns then it wouldn't be a big step yo move them across to Kurnothi and the wild hunter, in particular those aelves that worship Kurnoth. Although I'm hoping we get reimaged wild riders on bigger bulkier stags if that was the case.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

As a fan of weird spooky fey, I maintain that the fact that Wild Riders aren't Sylvaneth is a crime. 

Edited by acr0ssth3p0nd
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am just excited at the prospect of a new Cities reveal tomorrow... Oh how badly I want it to be a city Duardin or Aelf. I know the rumours are not in favour of either but if it is a canon with a Duardin crew member or a new one off Aelven hero I could feel more assured that we will see Cities keep an integrated approach to their forces.
Extra excited if it were to be the rumoured City Ogors that work for Maneaters!

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

2 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I am just excited at the prospect of a new Cities reveal tomorrow... Oh how badly I want it to be a city Duardin or Aelf. I know the rumours are not in favour of either but if it is a canon with a Duardin crew member or a new one off Aelven hero I could feel more assured that we will see Cities keep an integrated approach to their forces.

City Ogors would make me lose my mind!!

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/05/28/sunday-preview-start-new-adventures-into-the-underworlds/

Spoiler

Necromunda

Age of Sigmar
Seraphon Vanguard, dices and cards?
Cities Battletome + Infrantry + Cavalry + Foot Marshall
Mistery book Winter
Generals Handbook 2023 S1
Dawnbringer: Harbringers
Dawnbringer: Orruks?
Dawnbringer: 3
Dawnbringer: 4
Harbringer of Order - Fireslayers box + Harbringer
Harbringer of Chaos - Nurgle box + Harbringer
Harbringer of Destruction - Gloomspite box + Harbringer
Harbringer of Death - Flesh Eaters box + Harbringer
THE HYPE BOAR

Warcry
Underworlds meets Warcry starter Soulblight vs SCE
4 Warbands (Order vs Destro)
2 Warbands (Order vs Death)
2 Warbands (who knows)

Underworlds
Death Note's Warband
Rival Deck 1

Chaos Warband
Starter Set
Core Box
Destro Warband
Rival Deck 2

Horus Heresy
Plastic Lancer
Assault Squad
Mistery Army
Legion Command Squad
Primarch
Lords of War
Dreadnought

Warhammer 40k
Black Library Sargeant Astra Militarum Minska
NEW EDITION
Leviathan Army Box
Crusade - Tyrannic War
Chapter Approved (Mission Deck)
Index Cards
Space Marines Codex - Launch Complete army
Tyranids Codex - Launch Complete Army
Adeptus Mechanicus
Necrons
Dark Angels
Orks
Adeptus Custodes
T'au Empire
Chaos Space Marines

Kill Team 

LotR
Nazghûl and the Hobbits

Adeptus Titanicus

Old World
Bretonnian Paladin
Tomb Kings Hero

Blood Bowl
Grashnak Blackhoof    
Bolgrot!!!

Epic HH

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I'm thinking Cities reveals will follow a similar pattern to Squats last year, with them putting out a reveal every 2 weeks/other specific span of time leading up to a reveal show to show off the Army Set/rest of the kits.

Also, this is the most hyped I've been for a release in forever. Every mini they've shown so far has been absolutely amazing, and I can't wait to see what else we'll be getting. Especially excited for the potential center-piece big artillery and war altar!

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

No Harbringers is sad but expected but also no mention of a reveal tomorrow which makes me think it will just be bloodbowl or necromunda again if they even show something

I could be remembering wrong, but I think they occasionally just dropped some of the Votann reveals on Mondays without specifying they/40k would be getting one.

8 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

I'm thinking Cities reveals will follow a similar pattern to Squats last year, with them putting out a reveal every 2 weeks/other specific span of time leading up to a reveal show to show off the Army Set/rest of the kits.

Also, this is the most hyped I've been for a release in forever. Every mini they've shown so far has been absolutely amazing, and I can't wait to see what else we'll be getting. Especially excited for the potential center-piece big artillery and war altar!

Seraphon also got their reveals every two weeks so pretty likely

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

17 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Seraphon also got their reveals every two weeks so pretty likely

I never realised that the Votann, and Seraphon, reveals were released every two weeks (whereas I spend my time trying to guess future release dates by scrutinising old ones 😆). Many thanks to both of you for the info : i'm suddenly looking forward to 5 June ! 

Edited by Draznak
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

I am getting more and more excited for them, I have never been a fan of the common soldier thing in Fantasy but their armour and aesthetic are so on point and I have always wanted to make a Nighthaunt/City army and I am falling in love with these models. I also just completed my Stormcast army so I feel like I have a leg up in starting a Cities army through the use of Coalition units. Of course I stupidly let my friend convince me to get into 40k with the upcoming of 10th edition and feel like I am at model saturation point haha

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

New Underworlds starter and Headsman's Curse next week, no Harbingers yet. 

Oh and Yndrasta's special edition book.

1 hour ago, DinoJon said:

I didn't realize that Noah Van Nguyen wrote Yndrasta. I will definitely pick it up now if it comes to Audio Book. 

Noah Van Nguyen is fast becoming one of my favourite BL Authors. Would love to pick this SE up but Im sure itll be snatched!!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DinoJon said:

I didn't realize that Noah Van Nguyen wrote Yndrasta. I will definitely pick it up now if it comes to Audio Book. 

I had a feeling it was him when I read the book summary that it’s focused on a Ghur mobile city that rides around on a giant sled to escape monsters like the giant kraken that’s chasing it.

The man is quick becoming a pseudo-Josh Reynolds on how much he embraces the glorious weirdness of the Mortal Realms and wants to play around with them(like in a podcast starring him he said how even when there’s a sentient mountain that teleports to different realms on a whim of it’s own that should just be a another average Tuesday for the people that run into it)

Very much loving his works! 🤩 

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/05/28/sunday-preview-start-new-adventures-into-the-underworlds/

Reveal hidden contents

Necromunda

Age of Sigmar
Seraphon Vanguard, dices and cards?
Cities Battletome + Infrantry + Cavalry + Foot Marshall
Mistery book Winter
Generals Handbook 2023 S1
Dawnbringer: Harbringers
Dawnbringer: Orruks?
Dawnbringer: 3
Dawnbringer: 4
Harbringer of Order - Fireslayers box + Harbringer
Harbringer of Chaos - Nurgle box + Harbringer
Harbringer of Destruction - Gloomspite box + Harbringer
Harbringer of Death - Flesh Eaters box + Harbringer
THE HYPE BOAR

Warcry
Underworlds meets Warcry starter Soulblight vs SCE
4 Warbands (Order vs Destro)
2 Warbands (Order vs Death)
2 Warbands (who knows)

Underworlds
Death Note's Warband
Rival Deck 1

Chaos Warband
Starter Set
Core Box
Destro Warband
Rival Deck 2

Horus Heresy
Plastic Lancer
Assault Squad
Mistery Army
Legion Command Squad
Primarch
Lords of War
Dreadnought

Warhammer 40k
Black Library Sargeant Astra Militarum Minska
NEW EDITION
Leviathan Army Box
Crusade - Tyrannic War
Chapter Approved (Mission Deck)
Index Cards
Space Marines Codex - Launch Complete army
Tyranids Codex - Launch Complete Army
Adeptus Mechanicus
Necrons
Dark Angels
Orks
Adeptus Custodes
T'au Empire
Chaos Space Marines

Kill Team 

LotR
Nazghûl and the Hobbits

Adeptus Titanicus

Old World
Bretonnian Paladin
Tomb Kings Hero

Blood Bowl
Grashnak Blackhoof    
Bolgrot!!!

Epic HH

Just wanted to say thank you for the work you put into updating and maintains that list. Super helpful and very cool thing that you do! 👍

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

I had a feeling it was him when I read the book summary that it’s focused on a Ghur mobile city that rides around on a giant sled to escape monsters like the giant kraken that’s chasing it.

The man is quick becoming a pseudo-Josh Reynolds on how much he embraces the glorious weirdness of the Mortal Realms and wants to play around with them(like in a podcast starring him he said how even when there’s a sentient mountain that teleports to different realms on a whim of it’s own that should just be a another average Tuesday for the people that run into it)

Just wanted to say thank you for the work you put into updating and maintains that list. Super helpful and very cool thing that you do! 👍

I loved Dark Harvest, so this very much piques my interest!

• Like 1

Not too surprised to see a lack of substance in next week's preorders. Getting the Plague Marine heroes set is nice, and the new Underworlds Starter set isn't bad, along with the Nighthaunt crew. 

Basically, from here, preorder of 10th is likely to be, well, ironically, on June 10th, with a 2 week preorder period. We MAY get something small on the 17th, but traditionally the in-between week is empty with extra encouragement to order the big box (which is always hilariously frustrating when GW sells out of said box).

At long last, release of 10th and Leviathan will be the 24th, with much hype about the rules and indexes online.

THEN we might see Harbingers and/or the next General's Handbook preorder on either that 24th (unlikely as it would distract from 10th launch, where many stores will have boxes to sell day-of) or the 1st of July, to give space between the massive focus on 40k over the entire month of June.

Then, through July GW will be pushing the Combat Patrols, possibly revealing the 10th ed starter sets (3 different sizes as they have done with the past editions) and teasing upcoming new models for Space Marines and Tyranids as their Codexes will likely drop mid to late July. 

Could always be surprised by how they reveal or release things over the next month, but I wouldn't hold your breath. You'll be mighty blue in the face by the tine the end of June comes around. It's always possible GW will tease or release things for other game systems, but GW NEEDS this Leviathan box to sell out. Whether it happens in 5 minutes, 5 hours, or 5 days doesn't really matter. Long story short, don't expect much else this coming month. Build your models, paint your models, plan your armies, play some games. 

Edited by RileyArlic

3 hours ago, RileyArlic said:

Not too surprised to see a lack of substance in next week's preorders. Getting the Plague Marine heroes set is nice, and the new Underworlds Starter set isn't bad, along with the Nighthaunt crew. 

Basically, from here, preorder of 10th is likely to be, well, ironically, on June 10th, with a 2 week preorder period. We MAY get something small on the 17th, but traditionally the in-between week is empty with extra encouragement to order the big box (which is always hilariously frustrating when GW sells out of said box).

At long last, release of 10th and Leviathan will be the 24th, with much hype about the rules and indexes online.

THEN we might see Harbingers and/or the next General's Handbook preorder on either that 24th (unlikely as it would distract from 10th launch, where many stores will have boxes to sell day-of) or the 1st of July, to give space between the massive focus on 40k over the entire month of June.

Then, through July GW will be pushing the Combat Patrols, possibly revealing the 10th ed starter sets (3 different sizes as they have done with the past editions) and teasing upcoming new models for Space Marines and Tyranids as their Codexes will likely drop mid to late July. 

Could always be surprised by how they reveal or release things over the next month, but I wouldn't hold your breath. You'll be mighty blue in the face by the tine the end of June comes around. It's always possible GW will tease or release things for other game systems, but GW NEEDS this Leviathan box to sell out. Whether it happens in 5 minutes, 5 hours, or 5 days doesn't really matter. Long story short, don't expect much else this coming month. Build your models, paint your models, plan your armies, play some games. 

The space marine and Tyranids codex are coming in the autumn. 

I don't think there is any fear of Leviathan not selling out, let's just hope they've learnt from Imdomnus (not enough) and Dominion (to many) and strike the balance where its available for a month or so before selling out. 

11 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Thanks! I love to maintain the list.

If anyone want to know, the kits that could be launch this summer are:

- LoTR diorama
- Lancer Knight - HH -
- Generals & Harbringers
- Leviathan

Not confirmed content but the kits could be released this summer too:
- Arks of Omen special characters
- Forgeworld resin models (HH/Blood Bowl)
- Underworlds previous core warbands
- Warcry Starter set with Underworlds models (the leaked boxset)
- Seraphon Vanguard

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

- LoTR diorama
- Lancer Knight - HH -
- Generals & Harbringers
- Leviathan

- Seraphon Vanguard

The underworlds core warbands would be a "Rivals of Gnarlwood: Sons of Velmorn vs Gnarlspirit pack" box, right? 

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

- LoTR diorama
- Lancer Knight - HH -
- Generals & Harbringers
- Leviathan

- Seraphon Vanguard

If they stick with form they will also do three smaller starter sets for 40k and a stop gap summer release of a few marine and Nid kits. For AoS we got the Stormcast chariot and the Mirbrute Troggoth in that window.