The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, MitGas said:

Not THAT vain!😂

I kid I kid..... Now then does anyone have any idea what will be shown off this Thursday at Warhammer Skulls? I know it's not directly related to the tabletop but since Total War is getting stuff previewed we might see something that can be ported to TOW....

4 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

I kid I kid..... Now then does anyone have any idea what will be shown off this Thursday at Warhammer Skulls? I know it's not directly related to the tabletop but since Total War is getting stuff previewed we might see something that can be ported to TOW....

Space Marine 2: Presumably gameplay and release date

Total War: Legendary Hero announce - probably Karanak

Gladius: Probably next unit DLC

Owlcat: Something Rogue Trader

Focus: AoS RTS announce

Boltgun

Those are the main things I think, may have missed a bit.

1 hour ago, Twisted Firaun said:

If we get a swordsman in full-plate as a hero option I’m painting him black and calling him Gatsu. On a more serious note, if GW is “borrowing” aesthetics from Miura and Soulsborne stuff I wonder how future projects like Ind and Khuresh will turn out?

Hmm... I wonder if there is anyone worthy to fight* with your hypothetical hero.

*Absolutely not mine no matter how much I wish it was!

3 hours ago, Still-young said:

I really really like that Marshall and Envoy. I’m looking forward to seeing this full range. 

Gonna give mine 2 swords:

IMG_2749.jpeg

IMG_2751.jpeg

Why do three of them look like they just got rudely awakened from a 3 day binge? Complete with the "I-just-got-out-of-bed"-hair, pale as heck, and baggy eyes. Both the guy with the pistols and Mr Head of Staff seem to be trying to figure out where they are and how they got there. 😆

Joking aside, I realise it is 'Eavy Metal's way of painting to make everything pop (same with the baboons) and very few people will actually paint them like that.

Also, they remind me of Dragon Age is the best ways.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pnkdth said:

Why do three of them look like they just got rudely awakened from a 3 day binge? Complete with the "I-just-got-out-of-bed"-hair, pale as heck, and baggy eyes. Both the guy with the pistols and Mr Head of Staff seem to be trying to figure out where they are and how they got there. 😆

Joking aside, I realise it is 'Eavy Metal's way of painting to make everything pop (same with the baboons) and very few people will actually paint them like that.

Also, they remind me of Dragon Age is the best ways.

Keeping up the time-honoured tradition of Warhammer humans having only the gauntest, sickliest of faces.

image.png.eb23160178b570ebf891838e1794f64c.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

On a more serious note, if GW is “borrowing” aesthetics from Miura and Soulsborne stuff I wonder how future projects like Ind and Khuresh will turn out?

Do you have any images showing the similarities? (I googled your references but couldn’t find anything looking like the new CoS Minis) :)

4 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

future projects like Ind and Khuresh will turn out?

I don't think GW has ever said these are coming, and I know that the Total Warhammer lead at CA has said neither are happening. Is this an actual rumor or fan wishlisting? because there's a lot more interesting things GW could be designing than fake-Japan and fake-southeast-Asia.

For new CoS Freeguilders I was expecting conquistador style variation from the good ol' Empire look.

The infantry, cavalry and leaders shown so far look even more XVth century, including designs I frankly did not expect, and yet I found them ALL very good and well done so far, a true 11/10 release.

Can't wait to see the canons (with duardin) and gunners. I fear I won't be able to resist an Army box ...

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I don't think GW has ever said these are coming, and I know that the Total Warhammer lead at CA has said neither are happening. Is this an actual rumor or fan wishlisting? because there's a lot more interesting things GW could be designing than fake-Japan and fake-southeast-Asia.

It's definitely fan wishlisting. TWW players are very good at that, they want Ind, Kuresh, Nippon, Nagash, Araby and expansions for all pre existing races. I've seen people wanting even more and genuinly asking for fishmen. 

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

It's definitely fan wishlisting. TWW players are very good at that, they want Ind, Kuresh, Nippon, Nagash, Araby and expansions for all pre existing races. I've seen people wanting even more and genuinly asking for fishmen. 

Odd that you lump Nagash in as a wishlist when TW:WH has had many massive hints towards his coming at some point in the future, including Arkhan's epilogue in the WH2 vortex campaign literally being N'Kari teasing him that Nagash is active elsewhere (Arkhan has taken control of the Black Pyramid to try to resurrect him, but he cannot as Nagash is not dead and so cannot be resurrected). So Nagash has been explicitly confirmed to be active and around in the TW:WH timeline (as have other characters tied to him in the ETs such as Nameless).

On Ind and Khuresh, that was a wishlist but then Ind and Khuresh were added to the Immortal Empires map, and not as vestigal landmasses (like Tilea and Estalia) but massive areas that are as of yet innaccessible (this was done for Skavenblight and Athel Loren in WH1 so does not discount additions here). Add to this that Cathay has had a full release and some of the major characters are tied to these other areas as antagonists (the Fire Dragon's primary job is to hold off attacks from Ind and Khuresh, especially the latter). Does this mean that Ind and Khuresh are going to happen? No, of course not. Whilst the landmasses will certainly be opened up there is no guarantee the armies that live there will be added and it may be used just to add more characters of established races, but you cannot just write them off completely either.

Nippon and Fishmen are sadly virtually impossible. Nippon not being in the area of the IE map pretty much rules them out and Fishmen are a pipe dream (sad as a Lovecraftian race would be an awesome addition).

• Like 3

Belter miniatures. 

I wonder what weapon profiles the Marshal will use.  I.e. do we have to dual wield pistols or can we have pistol and hammer, shield and pistol etc.

Amazing amount of customisation there. Pistols just feel so right. I love that they look like a tiny blunderbuss as if they can smash a molten hole into a Chosen's battle plate. It reminds me of the pistol designs in the Warcraft movie and it was my favourite detail. They looked and FELT powerful and I'm so glad to see that replicated here too. If they're just your average human, they need something to gain the upper hand against 8ft tall steroid head magic titanium armour wearing monsters. 

And nothing says 'parry this' like a big ol' boom stick with the barrel the size of Behemat's gargantuan cheeks.

Edited by Black_Templar_Lad
  • LOVE IT! 1

11 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

On Ind and Khuresh, that was a wishlist but then Ind and Khuresh were added to the Immortal Empires map, and not as vestigal landmasses (like Tilea and Estalia) but massive areas that are as of yet innaccessible (this was done for Skavenblight and Athel Loren in WH1 so does not discount additions here). Add to this that Cathay has had a full release and some of the major characters are tied to these other areas as antagonists (the Fire Dragon's primary job is to hold off attacks from Ind and Khuresh, especially the latter). Does this mean that Ind and Khuresh are going to happen? No, of course not. Whilst the landmasses will certainly be opened up there is no guarantee the armies that live there will be added and it may be used just to add more characters of established races, but you cannot just write them off completely either.

but we CAN write them off if the literal head of the Total Warhammer team has said out loud that Ind/Nippon/Khuresh are absolute No's (from GW it sounds like). He even said they got lucky with GW allowing them Cathay; it only happened because of the perfect storm of 3 Kingdoms doing well enough to establish a Chinese fanbase and game 3 needing another protagonist faction.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CommissarRotke said:

but we CAN write them off if the literal head of the Total Warhammer team has said out loud that Ind/Nippon/Khuresh are absolute No's (from GW it sounds like). He even said they got lucky with GW allowing them Cathay; it only happened because of the perfect storm of 3 Kingdoms doing well enough to establish a Chinese fanbase and game 3 needing another protagonist faction.

As I recall he said that they were not planned not that they were absolute nos, which is absolutely not the same thing. Also plans change, CA has explicitly stated that they were going strictly off armybooks at the beginning of the series, now we basically have the Daemons of Chaos book having been cannibalised into the Monos which were never armies in the TT. Also think the same guy said that there were no real plans for Apophas and we can be fairly certain he is coming down the line.

Also worth mentioning that an official from CA saying "maybe" even on those would be almost a confirmation which CA would want to avoid like the plague.

To be clear I am not saying they are going to happen, or are even necessarily a 50/50, but they are not impossible.

• Thanks 1

Absolutely love these bew COS minis!! The aesthetic is right up my alley. Ive always loved my Warhammer Grimdark and with COS being so grounded and gritty it makes the other Factions seem much more fantastical which is what AOS is about.

Im nervous to see COS Ogors in case they drive me to collecting an entire Cities army!!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Damn me these guys have drip. And are proof that you don't need super dynamic poses or a big size to make an imposing mini. Epitome of "less is more". All you need is the right pose for the right man, some build options, and characterful faces. These guys ooze style. 

Agreed. I absolutely love the simply pose of this guy. Even though I don't particularly intend to collect cities I might pick him up as a painting project.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

6Om05lOKvwxHOTY4.jpg

It‘s not like it‘s hard to tempt me, no Slaaneshi mastery needed - just post literally anything about Lumineth and there’s a very good chance I‘ll go on a tirade. Hell, there‘s a very good chance I‘ll rant about Lumineth if you don‘t post about them either! I‘ve accepted that my last words will be me complaining about pesky Lumineth aelves!

And that‘s just one thing you can tempt me with. There‘s also armored sorcerer-warriors of Tzeentch in Curseling-style (pretty please GW) or hot chicks (that don‘t even have to be real)! Or just money. Or cure dogs and birbs! I‘m an extremely weak-willed man and I like it! And so does GW*! 🥳

You want me to buy Lumineth, GW? Then release Lumineth casualties - I‘d buy an army‘s worth of them. Hell, I‘ll even put them on my 40k bases just because I can! 😈

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2