The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Roadmap. Looks like we'll be waiting for that CoS Warband still. Interestingly Shadespire is being 'updated', but it'll be the same models.

562346.png

Glad that the Nighthaunt warband isnt in the core box. And also Destruction warband ! ! ! ! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Another roadmap, that's exciting. Still plenty to come. Far less Chaos too.

562346.png

The Starter set will probably the leaked one with the crimson court.

Also very nice to see we will be getting 3 Order, 2 Destruction and 1 Death warband with 2 still unrevealed

One of the destruction warbands will for sure be Kruleboyz and we might see OBR for the death warband?

Edited by Matrindur
  • LOVE IT! 1

Just now, Matrindur said:

The Starter set will probably the leaked one with the crimson court

Yeah. I'm surprised they didn't show it off as it had already leaked in full. They also showed a small picture of the flesh eater leader with a halberd instead of the spear. 

• Like 2

The offal hounds for the new FEC warband remind me of some of the designs in Pat Mills’ comic Requiem Chevalier Vampire. That weird confluence of vampires, ghouls and horrible, wide-eyed baboon monsters. Great designs.

Not 100% sold on the Flaymaster’s hand bone kneepad-piercings but good to see some new designs.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 2

I am mainly a Tyranid player but the new SCE and the updated FEC have me way more excited than the 40K reveals today.

A really fantastic update on the ghouls. I was a bit put off by the FEC Underworld team but I adore these new take on them.

The gibbon hounds are fantastic. Creepy and feral without just redoing ‘dead bois’

I haven’t been into Warcry but I will definitely give it a go with this set!

Edited by Souleater
Bad spelling
  • Like 2

Just now, SunStorm said:

This. So much potential for cool ideas with non-chaos warbands. 

Just trying to make some guesses! I mean 4 in Autumn!? Gonna be good.

I would love to see or my top guesses are:

Order
Fyreslayers
Cities
Kurnothi
Aelvish band
Dispossessed
Lumineth

Destruction:
Bonesplitterz
Ogor Maneaters
(wild guess) Hobgrots
Gitmob

Death:
Ossiarch, maybe elites or Samurai Ronin esque, like the Questor Knights for Stormcast
Soulblight, can't have enough vamps.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, EntMan said:

So if Warcry and Underworlds reveals are now done, does that mean the Ork face tease with the realms symbols must be main AoS? Or could it be Old World?

The constellations and Realm/Lore of Magic symbols tend to be much more associated with AoS than Fantasy, so I'd put money on it being AoS. 

They also already did a separate The Old World 'X Days To Go' teaser. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The constellations and Realm/Lore of Magic symbols tend to be associated with AoS far more than anything TOW, so I'd put money on it being AoS.

Cool. Intrigued what it could be. Are we anticipating anything Orky? The tease looks more proper ork to me rather than kruelboy. And I think the tease hinted Gork and Mork and don't kruelboys worship Goatface?

1 minute ago, EntMan said:

Cool. Intrigued what it could be. Are we anticipating anything Orky? The tease looks more proper ork to me rather than kruelboy. And I think the tease hinted Gork and Mork and don't kruelboys worship Goatface?

Whitefang has hinted at something more to come this edition for Orruks

They mentioned that the new starter set would use older warbands. Is it wrong to hope for re-issues of 1st and 2nd season warbands now with Rivals decks?

Edited by EonChao

I'm playing Nighthaunt and have over 3k points of them but I'm getting impression that GW ran out of ideas for them. Just black blankets covering some misty beings. I'd love to see something going beyond.

Stormcast look exactly the same as always. Nothing to look here.

I like the direction they took with FEC although the ape ghouls are awful, not offal. The main character ghoul looks really cool combining gore with dignity.

I never thought I would say that but LOTR got the best miniature.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

Oh I love the NightHaunt, the execution sword being the actual brains of the operation reminds me of that one Zelda boss that starts by unleashing the sealed cursed blade(bonus points it’s the game where Link looks effected by the Realm of Beasts xD )

image.jpeg.adff2e07d832a17bd452b57e6b207ff5.jpeg

Both Warcry & UnderWorlds are also rocking amazing road maps packed with content.

Gotta say this feels more like AoS’ year than 40k’s. xD 

8 minutes ago, EntMan said:

So if Warcry and Underworlds reveals are now done, does that mean the Ork face tease with the realms symbols must be main AoS? Or could it be Old World?

Those are definitely all AoS alongside the silhouette of the Freeguild cavalier.(you can tell his helmet is topped by one of those emblem renders we saw for the Dawncrusades and he has the hammer shown off already as well)

1 minute ago, EntMan said:

Kruleboyz worship both Kragnos & Mork. They’re biologically even classified as Morruks. 

Besides Whitefang saying there’s Destruction love in the future and “a new Troggoth not for Warcry” we haven’t had much rumors on what the Orruk face could mean.

Could be a new unit(like say armored trogg for Ironjawz or Kruleboyz wave) or could just be part of the upcoming narrative campaign books.

4 minutes ago, EonChao said:

They mentioned that the new starter set would use older warbands. Is it wrong to hope for re-issues of 1st and 2nd season warbands now with Rivals decks?

If it’s wrong then I don’t want to be right. xD 

All the UnderWorlds warbands hold up so I’m more than okay with repackaged Shadespire stuff on par with Crypt of Blood using them in new ways.

• Like 2