The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The simplest explanation is probably that since Brettonian and Tomb Kings are the first factions to receive renders, they are probably also the first factions to get a release. Not guaranteed, of coure, but in general, I think that is how GW operates in their marketing.

I spent a while going over old WarCom articles and can find no sign of the Empire rends I was sure I'd seen (I'm guessing I got them confused with the early CoS renders) so yeah, I agree that that's most likely.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

As someone who's been going to GAMA for awhile now they almost never reveal anything new. The seminars aren't so much about unveiling the next new thing and more about getting retailers to carry GW. 

They will probably hype up 10th edition a lot and talk about how it's a good time to start carrying 40k or increase your stock of it. 

This, with 10th ed coming they might show off a single new unit or model from the launch box as part of hyping it but they probably won't show much else a week out from Warhammer Fest.

Also episode 1 of Blacktalon was good. I like the variety in the Stormcast designs and the animation felt good. Not ground breaking but very clean and tight in places where it matters. It covered some of what Stormcast go through when being reforged and even featured a

Spoiler

Kuronothi at the end

which was a fun little inclusion that hopefully bodes well for the future.

Edited by EonChao
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

DESTRUCTION WARBAND TIME!!

Imagine if the next Season focused entirely on Destruction as the first did Chaos.

Spiderfang, Gitz and Troggoth Warbands.

Ironjawz, Bonesplitterz, Kruelboyz Warbands.

Gutbusters and Beastclaw Raiders.

Then throw in some Fyreslayers and Idoneth Deepkin.

PERFECT SEASON!!

New spider riders, maybe with a bunch of options or some hangers on like spider swarms
We could get a new troggoth or two as the "monsters" of the season like the fomoroid
Some armored knight gitz, that we keep getting narrative hooks for and are awesome
Some Bonesplitter brutes, maybe with a wereboar or a "bonesplitter gobbapalooza"
some extra sneaky kruleboy orruk commandos, or some captured and herded monsters

New maneaters for gutbusters, or a small firebelly expansion, maybe with a gorger in tow
new hunter for BCR, rocking around with some yhetees and cats.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

46 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

As someone who's been going to GAMA for awhile now they almost never reveal anything new. The seminars aren't so much about unveiling the next new thing and more about getting retailers to carry GW. 

They will probably hype up 10th edition a lot and talk about how it's a good time to start carrying 40k or increase your stock of it. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/03/10/revealed-at-gamagw-homepage-post-3fw-homepage-post-4/

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/03/11/breaking-news-from-gama/

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/03/14/kill-team-doom-lords-van-saar-and-moregw-homepage-post-1/

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/03/14/new-game-announced-at-gama-trade-show/

Last year they didn't announce anything (2020 and 2021 were cancelled) but before that it was an annual thing. It's very close to Warhammer Fest so they may skip it but it would explain why warcry wasn't shown at Adepticon. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I must have completely forgot about those. O-O that's embarrassing and I can't believe its been 3 years since I've been. 

To save some face, I believe the big announcements weren't in the seminars but instead done at the big dinner each year. Who knows, as my memory is more faulty than I would like. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

I must have completely forgot about those. O-O that's embarrassing and I can't believe its been 3 years since I've been. 

To save some face, I believe the big announcements weren't in the seminars but instead done at the big dinner each year. Who knows, as my memory is more faulty than I would like. 

It's quite frequently the case that those looking at events from the outside see more than those actually in attendance. I do hope they show warcry at Gama simply because I want to see the new season at Warhammer Fest and I doubt they'd show both at one event. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Imagine if the next Season focused entirely on Destruction as the first did Chaos.

Spiderfang, Gitz and Troggoth Warbands.

Ironjawz, Bonesplitterz, Kruelboyz Warbands.

Gutbusters and Beastclaw Raiders.

Then throw in some Fyreslayers and Idoneth Deepkin.

PERFECT SEASON!!

Idoneth and Fyreslayers are so easy to build a warband for. Fyreslayers warband with 3 Minidroth cavalry (to be used in units of 3 in core AoS), a Magmaqueen and 5 female vulkites/valkyrie/etc, Idoneth with a menagerie of new sea creatures and a few Alkhelians. Crabs, swarms of fish, manatees(!?), squids, anything is possible. A standalone box would work perfectly, even if we just got Fury of the Deep as the most recent release for both factions.

I'd also really like to see their rivalry expanded too. Their elemental duality of Fire/Water, the fact that Fyreslayers carry pieces of Grimnir's essence with them while Idoneth are hunting for powerful souls, them both being in Order yet not always working together with the rest of order in conventional ways, etc. Not just because they're Duardin and Aelves though, having them just be rivals because of that is boring.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

8 hours ago, EonChao said:

Also episode 1 of Blacktalon was good. I like the variety in the Stormcast designs and the animation felt good.

It was decent. This might be a weird thought, but I wish they would show the characters "out of armour". It's one of the issues I have with the general world-building of Warhammer. When she was woken from her dreams and went walking to find another Stormcast sitting fully armored drinking ale by the fire, it just doesn't sit well with me. Warhammer needs to explore more of the civilian life aspect of the world, IMO. 

Edited by Hollow
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I wish I still had reacts for today to like your post. Dream season warband setup. I know it's a bit wishlist-y, but there's nothing bad about that, it just shows the interest for the game and is worth discussing.  

I think GW will make at least one Warcry band for each faction in the game. That way, everyone would be represented in the skirmish game, and we all know we love to represent and defend our favourite factions. So far, 10 factions have had a Warcry warband (and yes I count Horns of Hashut outside StD because they're totally teasing the return of Chorfs). Many more could receive one, and that's before taking into account terrain and monsters. Warcry has a lot of creative potential, we know this, GW knows this, and as it has proven to be popular, that potential can and will show. If the current warbands are anything to go by, we're just getting started.

As for the warbands I would like to see : Slaaneshi cultists, Kharadron explorers/profiteers, Kruleboyz beast-snatchaz, order of Azyr operatives, Skaven assassins, Lumineth rangers, Beastmen, maneaters, upgraded vanguard Stormcasts, Bonesplitter and Sylvaneth hunters, Fyreslayer doomseekers, outcast Idoneths, Ossiarch tithe collectors, Nighthaunts roused from the grave, and whatever crazy gobbo concepts the designers come up with. And that's without taking the terrain and monsters into account. The possibilities are many. 

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • LOVE IT! 2

32 minutes ago, Hollow said:

It was decent. This might be a weird thought, but I wish they would show the characters "out of armor". It's one of the issues I have with the general world-building of Warhammer. When she was woken from her dreams and went walking to find another Stormcast sitting fully armored drinking ale by the fire, it just doesn't sit well with me. Warhammer needs to explore more of the civilian life aspect of the world, IMO. 

I too have been waiting to see them in their undergarments.... sweet gaunt summoner, one day...! 🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Hollow said:

It was decent. This might be a weird thought, but I wish they would show the characters "out of armor". It's one of the issues I have with the general world-building of Warhammer. When she was woken from her dreams and went walking to find another Stormcast sitting fully armored drinking ale by the fire, it just doesn't sit well with me. Warhammer needs to explore more of the civilian life aspect of the world, IMO. 

In the most recent Stormcast book, "First to be Forged", they talk a little bit of what they wear outside of combat. I don't know why I found it so weird when it should make perfect sense but they're pretty much in robes outside of armor. I got the impression it was simple linen robes but it just didnt mesh in my mind that these 8 foot statuesque demigods are just meandering around in togas. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

I wish the summaries were posted before the story itself launched :( does anyone know if the subscription discount remains after they're all released?

According to the subscription bundle page, it's available until the 24th of April, which I presume means it also keeps the discount til then as well!

Speaking of which, the next short is out - Past Returns! Sounds like it could be an interesting one, focusing on the effort to launch a crusade in the first place.

Black Library - Past Returns (eShort)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hollow said:

There is already worldbuilding precedent that Stormcast have holidays/shore leave/PTO whatever you want to call it, and they do/can take off the armor. So maybe we're seeing animation crunch if the Stormcast in this show are *always* in armor?

2 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I wish I still had reacts for today to like your post. Dream season warband setup. I know it's a bit wishlist-y, but there's nothing bad about that, it just shows the interest for the game and is worth discussing.  

I think GW will make at least one Warcry band for each faction in the game. That way, everyone would be represented in the skirmish game, and we all know we love to represent and defend our favourite factions. So far, 10 factions have had a Warcry warband (and yes I count Horns of Hashut outside StD because they're totally teasing the return of Chorfs). Many more could receive one, and that's before taking into account terrain and monsters. Warcry has a lot of creative potential, we know this, GW knows this, and as it has proven to be popular, that potential can and will show. If the current warbands are anything to go by, we're just getting started.

As for the warbands I would like to see : Slaaneshi cultists, Kharadron explorers/profiteers, Kruleboyz beast-snatchaz, order of Azyr operatives, Skaven assassins, Lumineth rangers, Beastmen, maneaters, upgraded vanguard Stormcasts, Bonesplitter and Sylvaneth hunters, Fyreslayer doomseekers, outcast Idoneths, Ossiarch tithe collectors, Nighthaunts roused from the grave, and whatever crazy gobbo concepts the designers come up with. And that's without taking the terrain and monsters into account. The possibilities are many. 

Since we're speculating about war cry war bands, I hope for the following:

Slaaneshi Acrobat cultists like the one girl from the Underworlds warband.

Clans Eshin triad

Maneaters or Suneater Ogors

Fyreslayer prospectors.

Kharadron Indiana Jones style "architects."

Spookier Idoneth (maybe shark/abyss theme?).

Ossiarch animal-scouts

Nighthaunt musicans/funeral procession 

Goblind/spider hybrids.

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 4

25 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Ossiarch animal-scouts

That's some great ideas ! 

You know what would be cool for Slaanesh ? Chaos elves ! We know they exist, we only have had 1 mini for them, plus Slaanesh worshipping elves were a thing in the Old World, and it would be a nice nod to have some in AoS. You could even combine the 2 concepts to have Slaaneshi elf acrobats !

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Since we're speculating about war cry war bands, I hope for the following:

Slaaneshi Acrobat cultists like the one girl from the Underworlds warband.

Clans Eshin triad

Maneaters or Suneater Ogors

Fyreslayer prospectors.

Kharadron Indiana Jones style "architects."

Ossiarch animal-scouts

Goblind/spider hybrids.

3 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Yes to all the above.

Every Faction should and deserves its own Warband. Chaos is covered and then some regarding the Big 4 and STD.

Next Edition Skaven, Beasts, Ogors, Idoneth and Fyreslayers are the Warbands I most want to see.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

That's some great ideas ! 

You know what would be cool for Slaanesh ? Chaos elves ! We know they exist, we only have had 1 mini for them, plus Slaanesh worshipping elves were a thing in the Old World, and it would be a nice nod to have some in AoS. You could even combine the 2 concepts to have Slaaneshi elf acrobats !

@The Lost Sigmarite, it looks like you chose the right profile pic because that is genius! Chaos Elves should make a comeback, after all the chorfs need a foe worthy of their stunted glory. Slaanesh clearly has a Middle Eastern/Indian Circus theme going on, so why not include murder clowns?

3 minutes ago, YoghurtKobold said:

Kurnothi appearing in it was certainly one of the highlights. I think it cements their presence in AoS setting.

Yes, hoping it starts off the reveals for the kurnothi faction as whitefang has said that something is on the way. 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1