The Rumour Thread

17 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

While I  feel it's Nurgle, there are some similarities from this axe on the FEC Warband

InStores-Sept28-Grymwatch2dfg-1.jpg

Im so hyped for the FEC update. The sky is the limit with the design options they have. Of the Death Factions they are easily my favourite!!

All this talk around lore compendiums and fleshing out of the Mortal Realms makes my creative juices flow. (At least I think those are creative juices) 

I would love to see a lavish 10-book series written in the style of a great explorer, who set out to try and map the mortal realms. 1 book for each of the 8 Mortal Realms, 1 for the 8 points, and 1 for the Atheric Void between realms. Not novels, but more like a series of journals (Think "There and Back Again" from LotR). Perhaps the protagonist could have some distant connection to one of The Old World's greatest explorers, Marco Colombo! (Aboard a giant flying ship of course!) 

Big chunky leather bound covers (a bit like the limited edition Horus Heresy books) Filled with maps, sketches and tales of wonder. Detailed, in-depth looks at the citizenry, politics, architecture, nomenclature and cultural traditions of the many different races and societies that populate the realms. 

They could include some fun and flavourful terrain and campaign rules (A bit like 2004's Lustria book for Warhammer Fantasy) with each tomb as thick as a core rulebook.

I'm getting carried away, but damn... so much potential there. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 8

1 hour ago, Hollow said:

All this talk around lore compendiums and fleshing out of the Mortal Realms makes my creative juices flow. (At least I think those are creative juices) 

I would love to see a lavish 10-book series written in the style of a great explorer, who set out to try and map the mortal realms. 1 book for each of the 8 Mortal Realms, 1 for the 8 points, and 1 for the Atheric Void between realms. Not novels, but more like a series of journals (Think "There and Back Again" from LotR). Perhaps the protagonist could have some distant connection to one of The Old World's greatest explorers, Marco Colombo! (Aboard a giant flying ship of course!) 

Big chunky leather bound covers (a bit like the limited edition Horus Heresy books) Filled with maps, sketches and tales of wonder. Detailed, in-depth looks at the citizenry, politics, architecture, nomenclature and cultural traditions of the many different races and societies that populate the realms. 

They could include some fun and flavourful terrain and campaign rules (A bit like 2004's Lustria book for Warhammer Fantasy) with each tomb as thick as a core rulebook.

Please. Give me this.

why-isnt-it-possible-christian-bale.gif

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hollow said:

Release something like this, and I'm waiting on release day, refreshing every few seconds to score my copies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hollow said:

That sounds fantastic and reminds me of a series of works I was tinkering with before abandoning based around the Gods of Pegana by  Lord Dunsany

Just expanding on the myths and legends of the Mortal Realms from the perspective of an inhabitant. But I lacked the elevated prose stylings to really convey that mystical/mythological kind of story telling. It did give me lots of fun narrative ideas for my own setting and beliefs and stories that would be shared in the beliefs of my armies. It was a fun project that I wanted to split into four titles covering the Grand Alliances.
Order - Introducing the Eight Gods of the Realms and the Demi-Gods and different beliefs of various Order aligned cultures
Chaos - An investigation of the strange abstract pantheon that includes Daemons and abstract Gods.
Death - A closer look at Nagash and the Mortarchs, with a section on the whispered Gods of Death.
Destruction - An exploration of the Animistic faiths of the Destruction tribes and how they tie to the many myths of Gorkamorka.
I was planning on having each story include an introduction and postscript by Sigmarite priests denouncing the books as heretical, and slowly reveal more about the author as a student of the arcane akin to Faust. Just to try and introduce a little more narrative structure for readers. But the overall goal being to add a little more mysticism back into the setting by showing more of a worms eye view of the gods. 

But I think your idea is much more interesting and could be used to tell broader stories that would expand the scope of AOS in fantastic and interesting ways. I could almost see my idea being subsumed into this greater project. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 3

6 hours ago, Hollow said:

It's a wet dream for any AoS fan. It sounds awesome!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

8 hours ago, Hollow said:

This would be great. I could see Cubicle 7 doing it for soulbound, much more readily than GW doing it for main AoS. C7 have better writing, more in depth lore, and th is kind of book is just a better fit for the rpg line. It's nit hugely far removed from some of what they are doing for new wfrp. I'm eagerly awaiting the new Lustria book.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hollow said:

I do love this idea but this is an area that the RPG is starting to explore. The city guides they've done so  far do a lot of this. images(6).jpeg.2f0410f63406b795aa12b1c8147ddb4d.jpeg

• Like 8

Sounds like the Liber Chaotica books from years ago. 

Any adventurer (I forgot his name) who travels the chaos wastes and as the books go on he descends further and further into madness. 

They were filled with beautiful art work and things like journal entries. 

The originals are worth a lot now. 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

15 hours ago, CDM said:

Yes! Forgot about the amazing Tamurkhans horde!

The glague toads are still on sale on Forge World because as demons they double down for 40k. But the bile trolls and plague ogres are gone. If GW is to make additions to the Nurgle range, plastic versions of the Tamurkhan units would speed up the creative process a lot (I think). And some, like the toads, could double down for 40k (or Horus Heresy now), so quite beneficial.

9 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Sounds like the Liber Chaotica books from years ago. 

Any adventurer (I forgot his name) who travels the chaos wastes and as the books go on he descends further and further into madness. 

They were filled with beautiful art work and things like journal entries. 

The originals are worth a lot now. 

Oh man, that got me good in the nostalgia feels. So many discussions and theorising on various forums across the interwebs.

Waaiiiiiit a second "King Louen Leoncoeur fell to his own son"  Louen died by the hands of Festus, did he not? Or was that already the returned Gile?

Just double-checked it: Yep, he was killed by Festus. The Community Article is wrong XD

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Waaiiiiiit a second "King Louen Leoncoeur fell to his own son"  Louen died by the hands of Festus, did he not? Or was that already the returned Gile?

Just double-checked it: Yep, he was killed by Festus. The Community Article is wrong XD

Mallobaude almost killed him in battle and everybody presumed he was dead for a while. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Beliman said:

A friend send me a compilation of abilities from the Ossiarc Battlereport:

IMG-20230405-WA0016.jpg.7e71c6caa0fae0c9ce37c8e194ef50c5.jpg

IMG-20230405-WA0015.jpg.6e57b0dbc0501f7640936ceac4f325d1.jpg

So, we have 6+ ward and nadirite weapons for everyone. Good change. RDP turned into additional CP & a lot of commands to issue; I would assume that we can still issue the same command multiple times but a unit can only receive one command per phase. So far so good.

• Like 1

Nadirite weapons for everyone is GREAT! 
Imagine immortis guard and morghast with more attacks (specially with empower nadirite weapon, who have now a good target to be launched at), thats just great. Buffs everywhere it seems. Ossifector doesnt seem auto include tough, but we dont have seen everything. Maybe the other capacities or the spell are good. 
also looks like everybody will have bludgeon ? Works well with counter attack (not the same phase so you can have +1 to wound and -1 rend for the same unit). CP will flow, at least 8 at the start of every battleround, 9 if you go second. + the one from heroic phase. Cant wait to read the book and see the other change (kof kof soulreaper scroll kof kof)

• Like 1