The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Draznak said:

By next winter, at the latest I think, you can cross FEC off the list. It's just one of all those mentioned, but you have to go little by little.

By the way, a very personal guess, but I would bet that the future opponent of Stormcast in the the 4th's launch box will be either Malerion aelfs (if GW wants to close all the Grand Alliances opposed to the SE) or Skaven ( if GW wants to restart a cycle with Chaos, then Death in 5th, etc)! The naughty little mice are an ideal profile : almost the entire range to be redone, not treated for a long time... I'm taking bets. :) 

Stormcast VS Skaven for 4.0? YES PLEASE!! UPDATE THE RATS MAKE @Skreech Verminking MAKE SUPPLICATION TO THE COUNCIL OF 13!!

If its not Skaven it has to be Beasts. 4.0 coming back around the bend update at least 1 of 2 Chaos Factions in need of dire updating in the starter and first few months then hit the other midway through the Edition.

I know Im asking for A LOT but 4.0 for me needs to have Skaven, Beasts of Chaos and Ogor Mawtribes updated, with Fyreslayers, Kharadron Overlords and Idoneth Deepkin and Orruk Warclans with a Wave 2.

The waves neednt be massive but at least Sylvaneth sized.

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

I know this is asking for a lot but we've had Dante, the Lion and now Katakros spoiled... can we have a little bit of Seraphon rules spoilers please?

Why can't the shipping robot malfunctions work in AoS' favor? 

For the end of the "Era of the Beast" speculation I think Alarielle's Rite of Life will cause some more unintended consequences and cause several factions to be bolstered IE destruction, FEC, whoever else is getting new models. I think the next edition will be focused on one of two things. First being the Dawnbringer Crusades and expansion of the realms OR it will be Chaos making a big move striking back. 

AoS 1.0 -  Sigmar strikes back, the end of the Age of Chaos. - mortals can retake the realms
AoS 2.0 - The Necroquake and Soulwars. - dealing with wild magic and securing the cities
AoS 3.0 - Era of the Beast - Rite of Life leads to deadlier foes as the Cities/Mortals start to expand past their bastions
AoS 4.0 - (?) Dawnbringer Cruades - establishing new cities, reaching further into the realms and uncovering new threats. 
Or
AoS 4.0 - Archaon's Return - Factions of Order are spreading too much and Archaon returns to quash further loss of his territory and once again tries to bust into Azyr, maybe this time successful?

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

7 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

First being the Dawnbringer Crusades and expansion of the realms OR it will be Chaos making a big move striking back. 

The man-things are building many new city-towns across the realms. They guard-guard against threats from the land, or sky, but not from below... We will infiltrate their gutter-sewers, yes-yes, from the under-cities. 

The under-empire has been building in the shadows. Soon the Skaven will invade the surface world, yes-yes ! As the council demands !

Maniacal laughter as ramshackle skaven contraptions explode all around in green mushroom clouds and the Vermintide theme plays in the background

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

15 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

The man-things are building many new city-towns across the realms. They guard-guard against threats from the land, or sky, but not from below... We will infiltrate their gutter-sewers, yes-yes, from the under-cities. 

The under-empire has been building in the shadows. Soon the Skaven will invade the surface world, yes-yes ! As the council demands !

Maniacal laughter as ramshackle skaven contraptions explode all around in green mushroom clouds and the Vermintide theme plays in the background

literally though, if the narrative supplements to end EotB have Dawnbringers founding cities that actually survive, what better way to shove drama war into your wargame than Skaven popping up 😂 or Beasties

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Stormcast VS Skaven for 4.0? YES PLEASE!! UPDATE THE RATS MAKE @Skreech Verminking MAKE SUPPLICATION TO THE COUNCIL OF 13!!

If its not Skaven it has to be Beasts. 4.0 coming back around the bend update at least 1 of 2 Chaos Factions in need of dire updating in the starter and first few months then hit the other midway through the Edition.

I know Im asking for A LOT but 4.0 for me needs to have Skaven, Beasts of Chaos and Ogor Mawtribes updated, with Fyreslayers, Kharadron Overlords and Idoneth Deepkin and Orruk Warclans with a Wave 2.

The waves neednt be massive but at least Sylvaneth sized.

I don’t know How I could be made anew but I’ll take it as a compliment.

thanks mate

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

literally though, if the narrative supplements to end EotB have Dawnbringers founding cities that actually survive, what better way to shove drama war into your wargame than Skaven popping up 😂 or Beasties

I kinda wonder if that’s how they could run afoul of Malerion too if the Dawncrusades(their very name meaning bringing light to the darkness) trying to spread out into Ulgu to which Malerion sees an opportunity to punish trespassers that push their luck on grabbing territory while solidifying his treaty with the moon daemons by giving them plenty of hosts for their parasitic offspring to spread on.

Though that could justify Stormcast intervention then instead of Cities focus as that’s some otherworldly threats they’re against.

So it could be either:

AoS3 ending- Stormcast Questors vs Kruleboyz (possibly seperate tomes)

AoS4 start- Cities of Sigmar vs Skaven

or 

AoS3 ending- Shotgun Destruction, Beasts & Kurnothi things for a wild finale

AoS4- Malerion vs Stormcast Eternals Thunderstrike updates(I’m thinking more heroes with holy lanterns like the Questors have and angel & Prosecutor units for the Lawful good vs Lawful evil vibe. Plus Kharadron tome had Morathi-Khaine’s air legions tangle with Prosecutors protecting the kharadron so a round two of Ulgurothi vs upgraded angels would fit)

AoS4 onwards-Cities Ironweld update vs Skaven after the tech.

Because we know Skaven love getting their claws on new tech.

4wqlxa7jctr91.jpg?auto=webp&s=b85c5b22b0

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

Why not:Aos 4.0-Chorfs demonic Boogaloo?

Still Malerion seems to have prepared some sort of "surprise" for Sigmar and stormcast(see the story about the coliseum "gift")....i could see him putting another dent in their process forcing Sigmar to use ONLY thunderstrike armor.
Hoping that after that final refresh Grungni will be finally locked to Duardin people narrative though (maybe planning to release Valaya in some way with Grombridal).

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mojojojo101 said:

Malerion's forces should definitely be a seperate army for me. DoK have their own thing going on, Malerion and Morathi seem to be, at best, disinterested neighbours and really if the only argument that they should be in the same book is that they were in WHFB... well, that seems like a prettty poor argument to me.

Separate army and separate book is not the same. They can be separate armies in one book. As well as IDK for example. And more so both Malerion and Marathi have the same source of magic being both Shadow users.

1 minute ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Hoping that after that final refresh Grungni will be finally locked to Duardin people narrative though maybe planning to release Valaya in some way with Grombridal).

It feels like we will see Gholem kind first as Grungni's main faction in Chamon and only after that Valaya as we move forward to Order vs Death edition. 

Oh that’s a great point for when the narrative cycles back around to Death focus. That’d give the Gholemkin time to establish themselves(and probably get another update) as well expansions to the other duardin forces if it becomes a concerted effort to save their goddess.

27 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

see the story about the coliseum "gift"

Oh we know it already let’s him spy on Azyr and the Stormcast training within it.

A 2019 white dwarf reaffirmed that.

It is also used by Malerion to secretly observe the Eternals.”

That could lead him to move forward if he’s seeing all these new super-super powered demigods growing in numbers and having enhanced abilities to boot.(seriously the Warscrolls don’t do the new stuff justice. Vanquishers can tune in to their realmstone greatswords to predict an enemy’s actions before they do them and Knight-Relictors can turn recent slain souls into ghost grapeshot that can wipe out a horde of enemies before sending them on their way. Annihilators don’t even have to come down like meteors, some just open rifts they come bursting through like an electrified cannonball. Really hope in future editions those abilities are added after restructuring.

Edited by Baron Klatz

39 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Why not:Aos 4.0-Chorfs demonic Boogaloo?

Still Malerion seems to have prepared some sort of "surprise" for Sigmar and stormcast(see the story about the coliseum "gift")....i could see him putting another dent in their process forcing Sigmar to use ONLY thunderstrike armor.
Hoping that after that final refresh Grungni will be finally locked to Duardin people narrative though (maybe planning to release Valaya in some way with Grombridal).

Why not chorfs fighting skaven!

bring back the grudge matches.

stormcast have too much anyways.

18 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Am I the only one who actually prefers the look of the original Stormcast compared to the Thunderstrike armoured ones? 

I don't mind the Thunderstrike with robes and stuff but Vindictors are like my least favourite Stormcast unit. I just think they're kinda boring. Sacrosanct are the best imo.

39 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Hoping that after that final refresh Grungni will be finally locked to Duardin people narrative though maybe planning to release Valaya in some way with Grombridal).

Isn't there also a Gazul narrative arc where the Dawi are out for grudges because Nagash defeated Gazul in the Age of Myth ? Tying the Dawi against the Zangunaz for some good old fashioned grudging ?

Between the teased return of Grombrindal, whatever Grungni is up to (return of Valaya, a new Duardin bloodline, or new machines) and that Gazul arc, GW has left a lot of doors open for our favourite stunty little grudge gnomes. Wazzock ! That's a lot for even one edition.

23 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Am I the only one who actually prefers the look of the original Stormcast compared to the Thunderstrike armoured ones? 

I didn't think there were people who still preferred the old SE. 😛

Personally, I prefer thunderstrike armour in every way : better proportioned, more details, more accurate armor... I don't miss the big boys at all.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Definitely not and even if GW do replace them these will always be the true chads of AoS to me. ️ 

image0.jpg
image1.jpg

image2.jpg
image3.jpg

I get people liking the new sleek style but man these guys are badass.🤟

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Definitely not and even if GW do replace them these will always be the true chads of AoS to me. ️ 

image0.jpg
image1.jpg

image2.jpg
image3.jpg

Yes they are the true soace marones of the age of sigmar.

all of those other ones are basically just a reskin of the firstborns

22 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

image0.jpg
image1.jpg

image2.jpg
image3.jpg

Third one down looks like he got his face smashed in a door but it only made him more handsome.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, EntMan said:

I did initially but the new designs are really clicking with me now. If and when I start collecting Stormcast, I think I’ll go full Thunderstrike - with possible exception being the heroes.

Edited by Greyshadow
  • Like 3

It is strange I am fairly indifferent to what type of armour the Stormcast wear, only that a Stormhost other than the Hammers of Sigmar get some love. 

Also I hope they open a new chamber preferably the Runiation Chamber as a chamber focused on siege weapons and then we get improved siege rules for AOS. I have said it before and I will say it again, a list of building types (wall, house, gate, keep, tower) with stats built around different materials (wood, stone, steel, arcane) would be easy to implement. Plus siege mechanics would open up a lot of the ranges that GW is struggling with: Ironjawz with a Grond styled battering ram, Fyreslayers with Pyroclastic rock munitions,  siege towers on Idoneth crabs. Like Boarding Actions it could be a series of companion rules. 

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

It is strange I am fairly indifferent to what type of armour the Stormcast wear, only that a Stormhost other than the Hammers of Sigmar get some love. 

That's why Gardus Steel-Soul is many people's favourite Stormcast ! And why his mini was well received (that and his AoE ward).

With Era of the Beast, I think it's time for another famous Black Library Stormcast to get his mini. Come on GW, give us Hamilcar Bear-Eater in plastic !

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Isn't there also a Gazul narrative arc where the Dawi are out for grudges because Nagash defeated Gazul in the Age of Myth ? Tying the Dawi against the Zangunaz for some good old fashioned grudging ?

Between the teased return of Grombrindal, whatever Grungni is up to (return of Valaya, a new Duardin bloodline, or new machines) and that Gazul arc, GW has left a lot of doors open for our favourite stunty little grudge gnomes. Wazzock ! That's a lot for even one edition.

There were other mention of Gazul worshipper after that novella?
I don't remember though....still we are pretty sure the Dawi pantheon was composed of "many ancestor gods" (seems implied many more than the "core ones" and their sons\daughters)...they can even introduce some new considering the "Thagduegi" storyline.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson