The Rumour Thread

36 minutes ago, Magnusaur said:

I'm a little underwhelmed by the new Dante, but nice to another piece of the rumor puzzle fall into place. I know people are split on Valrak, but I put a lot of stock into what he's been saying about 10th. Interesting that he went out of his way to talk about Cities of Sigmar. I understand the concern that he could be mixing them up with Seraphon (he clearly doesn't care about the game). I don't necessarily think a launch box for Cities is completely out of the question. Leagues of Votann were announced on April 1st and came out around September. This could be a similar timeframe, though of course their army box was revealed much closer to release.

Maybe it's a Sisters of Battle type situation where the launch box comes out significantly earlier than the rest of the range. But I guess the most incongruous thing about such an announcement is that a lot of us are expecting a Seraphon army box as well. Announcing two army boxes of Age of Sigmar seems like a stretch.

Are we still expecting a Seraphon reveal next Monday? Or will it be saved for Adepticon?

I just went and listened to Valrak's LVO stream again during the Seraphon reveal and he claimed both them and Cities of Sigmar were getting new army boxes. Not sure what that's worth but interesting that this isn't a totally new claim...

• Thanks 1

I’m liking Dante, rocking the Angel armor down to the detailed engraved feet like a Dark Souls boss.

image.png.00607752b4748f7b64eb38f9b907f297.png

Between him and the new guard commander Solar-

image.jpeg.c6fc0cdf04cf1318d4762d0b87243397.jpeg

- I really like the shining angelic direction they’re taking.

Hopefully it funnels over to the Cities and we get some elite royal Azyrite guards based on the sentinel statues 

image.jpeg.06c44b60d3afde094dd53588ef9b195f.jpeg

Would be great for a unique looking human and aelven* variety of elites that travel down to safeguard settlements that managed to become bustling cities and bastions of Order that need them on guard duty with their celestial magics.

*(they look Aelven enough to double as that and it’d fit the lore as important Azyr places like the celestial city ring around Mallus was built by Sigmar, Grungni and Tyrion)

And of course I’d love the next wave of Stormcast Eternals to get some of that Dante drip for bigger and scarier looking angel figures.

image.jpeg.85d56b808ea1f869d16729c632da02c4.jpeg
image.jpeg.daab50d169214dece3f4f19ea23282fa.jpeg
image.jpeg.257ee484915b16681986ef91d0dde88f.jpeg

(The angelic wall guardian at the 12 minute mark ^ )

So much to hope for! Fingers crossed this Adepticon and following months up to AoS4 blows us away like Sigmar’s Tempest! ⛈ ☄️ 

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • LOVE IT! 1

40 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

A Cities box is definitely possible with how messed up some of the released schedules are. Presumably GW didn't plan on Votann, Guard and World Eaters to release within three months of one another, but that happened. The time between the Votann Army Box and Cadia Stands(!) wasn't long.

Seeing a Seraphon and Cities box almost on top of one another wouldn't be the weirdest occurrence, especially if they want them out before 40k 10th. That's assuming Seraphon are even getting an Army Box, of course - in which case it makes Cities even more likelier to show up this side of Summer. 

Just want to add that we are talking about new CoS for quite some time now. More than Seraphon or any other army at this moment. I dont think its weird if they finally show us some models at all.

12 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Smore. I actally really hate how this model is attached to the base. It just doesnt seem natural.

IMG-20230315-WA0029.jpg.844fbffa9b6bf444451f582c728aa0df.jpgIMG-20230315-WA0031.jpg.8c80045a454223a7cb8fe6bcedbe6a08.jpg

Is that for real? Neither the attachment nor his position looks natural. What is he doing with his right leg? Maybe it's just the angle... but I don't think so. Weak model, baloon Kaharadrons or Gossamid Archers do the "flying" part much better.   

1 minute ago, Flippy said:

Is that for real? Neither the attachment nor his position looks natural. What is he doing with his right leg? Maybe it's just the angle... but I don't think so. Weak model, baloon Kaharadrons or Gossamid Archers do the "flying" part much better.   

I feel like the loincloth looks off and the "sliding" pose isn't working completely. Perhaps it would be better to readjust the feet and just let him stay on the ground instead of doing an M.Bison.

On 3/14/2023 at 9:47 AM, Ganigumo said:

Chaos dwarves are a "when" not an "if" for AoS. outside of the little background snippets about them in the lore we have both the Horns of Hashut warcry warband, which confirms hashut is still around in the mortal realms, and hobgrot slittas in kruleboyz who work as intermediaries between the kruleboyz and the hobgrot's "dark masters". The hobgrots armor and weapons do not at all match the rest of the Kruleboy line, and they even have grenades. 

Who knows when they're coming, but they definitely are.

Remember the Kurnothi?  …me neither 😞

56 minutes ago, Flippy said:

Yeah, it's just weird - is he floating? Is he moving in any specific direction? Taking off? Landing? No idea 😕

He’s definitely landing. He is moving in the direction he is looking which is indicated by the movement of his loincloth and the purity seal. I think it’s a decent model but not a great one. That said I’m not a fan of the old one either. If anyone had any doubt, this pretty much confirms that the Lion is also on the way. Every other character model that Valrak mentioned in the earlier rumour has been revealed. 
I’m still skeptical about Cities appearing at Adepticon simply because a preview at Warhammer Fest for an autumn launch seem much more likely. Some of Valrak’s source are definitely reliable when it comes to upcoming minis but would they know about the contents of a preview show? I hope he’s right  though as Cities are by far the product I’m most curious to see. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GrimDork said:

I almost can’t believe the guy painted Dante!

If that had been me, he would’ve been on eBay immediately!! I’m pretty sure it could fund my hobby for the rest of the year.

The dude also paid 25000 bitcoins for a pizza! 

Edited by MitGas

On 3/8/2023 at 8:35 PM, Clan's Cynic said:

I think it's just a Boneshaper with the back-spikes exaggerated for artistic flair, otherwise it looks very, very close to the existing model. Good spot of the new art though.

APfB4cv.png

99070207010_OBRMortisanBoneshaper01.jpg

No

This one is a new model

The only new model for ossiarch actually.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 7
  • Sad 2
  • LOVE IT! 4

6 minutes ago, MitGas said:

image.png.975aab1ff521ccc7cec3d92ab67d717e.png

Not bad for an AI. Thought I'd share, could become a valuable tool to get ideas or for custom sculpts.

Annnnd replace the jobs of concept artists around the world.... but thats for another thread all together. 

Just FYI im not anti AI just pro-human. 

Edited by Vasshpit

4 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Annnnd replace the jobs of concept artists around the world.... but thats for another thread all together. 

Just FYI im not anti AI just pro-human. 

I find it absolutely fascinating to say the least and it will do amazing things... but if you want something very particular (like a certain art piece/design/story), it can never replace a person, not even in a couple of years. Thing is, you gotta be good at what you do in order to be better than an AI but if you are, then you'll have a job as it will never create things in the same manner as a human mind will. Let's say you got a particular armor design - the AI could make one, perhaps it would look better or the quality of the sketch is higher than yours but it will never get those exact shapes you want.

I think AI could help concept artists by filling in details or giving them ideas though or even creating pre-"sketches". It's a tool.

Just make sure your name isn't John Connor.

• Haha 1