The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Grungnisson said:

Look, I understand the lizards are popular with people, but I'm sure we'll still have plenty of time to talk about them. However, for now, just until this next Saturday, could we please focus on what's really important?

Like, will the Skyriggers finally get more Wounds or a better Save? Because if they don't I will not consider them fixed, no matter how much damage they can do now.

Have there been many reliable leaks for KO to discuss yet?

There is an ongoing chat with fellow admirals on Kharadron subforum too. For anyone interested:

https://www.tga.community/forums/topic/18316-aos-2-kharadron-overlords-discussion/?page=248#comment-610083

Btw, if this rumors are real, the whole faction will be really improved. I'm not talking about power-creep, but the ways that this army can be played.

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

As soon as we get any rules article on WarCom, we might be able to cross reference and see if it checks out.

Judging be the warcomm article release for the past battletomes, we should see one talking about KO rules today or tomorrow. The same source of those rumors also talked about the preorder date being march 4th, so I'm inclined to think they are true.

4 hours ago, JerekKruger said:

That reminds me, didn't the original, forth edition Kroxigor have the option of giant bows? I wouldn't mind seeing Kroxigor with a ranger weapon a la Kurnoth Hunters.

I could be misremembering, but I don't think there were 4th edition Kroxigor. I started WHFB with the Lizardmen vs Bretonnia 5th edition set, and I believe Lizardmen were more or less new (having been a small component of Slann armies previously).

The metal Kroxigor from that time (still got 'em!) just have big axes. (Fake edit: these guys. Poking around Stuff of Legend, I don't see any Lizardmen in Citadel Miniatures Catalogues between the Slann in '86 and the ones following 5th edition's release in '97.)

5 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Ossiarc Hero!

Yeah I was thinking it looked more undead. Though I would have thought Ossiarc would get a melee infantry character (maybe an executioner) as that has been the trend and the army is actually missing that. They also have a lot of wizard heroes.

Could also be a necro for SB, maybe on a mount.... But looking forward to finding out whatever it is!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Ossiarc Hero!

I don't know, OBR generally has different design elements. If it was OBR, I would expect the staff to be either leather wrapped like on Vokmortian or the Mortek spears, or made out of tortured souls like with the Soulreaper, Mir Kainan or the Morghasts. I would also expect the attachment to be more organic, not metal with a rivet. Plus, OBR have surprisingly few plain skulls in their design.

Everything really points to Khorne for me on this one.

Spoiler

99070207012_OBRVokmortianMasterofBoneTit

99070207011_OBRMortisanSoulreaper01.jpg

• Like 3

That’s definitely the Khorne rune. Probably not for 40k now the WE are out. Unlikely to be for WHU or Warcry either, both have recent Khorne offerings.

So something for AoS but it looks rather like a staff head, which would be odd. Or a banner top or an armour-mounted icon? Or perhaps the counterweight at the end of Valkia’s spear?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LordSolarMach said:

I could be misremembering, but I don't think there were 4th edition Kroxigor. I started WHFB with the Lizardmen vs Bretonnia 5th edition set, and I believe Lizardmen were more or less new (having been a small component of Slann armies previously).

The metal Kroxigor from that time (still got 'em!) just have big axes. (Fake edit: these guys. Poking around Stuff of Legend, I don't see any Lizardmen in Citadel Miniatures Catalogues between the Slann in '86 and the ones following 5th edition's release in '97.)

You're right, I always get 4th and 5th mixed up. 

Just did a search and no signs of a Kroxigor with a bow, so I must be imagining things.

34 minutes ago, MotherGoose said:

New priest.... or base of valkias spear is my guess.

God I hope it is!!! I don't collect or play Khorne, but will be extremely disappointed if it isn't Valkia. They can't afford another priest!!! 

Edited by Jetlife
  • Like 1