The Rumour Thread

36 minutes ago, Freypal said:

I was excited for the Dwarf regiment box to pick up some discounted classic Dwarfs but that discount is ... Disappointing. I would have thought for what I assume is a poor seller, GW would have wanted to make it more enticing. 

At least it's a good box rules-wise, for the moment. The Runelord, Longbeards and Irondrakes all have synergy with one another. I am still sort of half-heartedly considering the box, because it would be a way for me to get the standard dwarf shooting setup for my CoS list.

But then again, I have kind of been in a state of not buying CoS stuff since they announced they are working on the refresh last year. And I kind of don't know if I want to gamble on a box of models that I just like don't love and might be obsolete in a few months.

In other CoS news: I was checking the GW webstore and noticed that most of the Freeguild kits are currently unavailable. I wonder if they will see another production run before Dawnbringers drop.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JerekKruger said:

I've got to say, I'm really excited to see what GW does with the KO Battletome. Fingers crossed for all KO players out there.

I can't wait to know more!
This rumors are so juicy, with crazy stuff to play with.  I hope that we are talking about a leak instead of a rumor!

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

8 hours ago, KriticalKhan said:

If Flesh Eaters get a sizable release (at least, beyond the standard pity hero) in Autumn, then I wouldn't be surprised if Dawnbringers end up being a winter release. We might even end up with an "army box in December, full release in January" situation like StD. It would fit with the roughly two year release schedule we know GW has and similarly align with how long the Sisters of Battle took from their announcement to release with the teaser blogs inbetween

I feel the Dawnbringer release would be the perfect holiday release. Especially since GW and the community push the new year new army campaign. I could see that release being big hype during that time. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Beliman said:

Price:

WhatsAppImage2023-02-27at9_18_25AM.jpeg.b050df8f895c6139cbb573b42611c3f4.jpeg

The Regiments of Renown seems to be really good if you can catch a discount and the Vanguard seems awesome to start an army at 110€
The Codewright (Tallacodigo) at 30€... ouch!

80 for the kruleboyz one isn't awful I guess? should be ~115 CAD, and 2 boxes of boltboyz are 120, so you basically get the ballista for free.
I'm considering it, I've only got 15 boltboyz, and its nice to have a mix of the dominion sculpts and the multipart ones, but I could probably get it cheaper if I got secondhand dominon stuff. It would leave me with 4 ballistas though, and I'm not quite sure what I'd do with them, I supposed I'd be ready if they ever get a glowup.

2 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

80 for the kruleboyz one isn't awful I guess? should be ~115 CAD, and 2 boxes of boltboyz are 120, so you basically get the ballista for free.
I'm considering it, I've only got 15 boltboyz, and its nice to have a mix of the dominion sculpts and the multipart ones, but I could probably get it cheaper if I got secondhand dominon stuff. It would leave me with 4 ballistas though, and I'm not quite sure what I'd do with them, I supposed I'd be ready if they ever get a glowup.

Are we sure that they included the multipart kits in this box? Sorry dont know much about the kruleboyz stuff. And i got the same problem with this price. I can still buy the whole dominion kruleboyz part for around 55 euros on the 2nd hand market and get the boltboyz that way. But this has more usefull stuff to ally into the gitz or used in a big waaagh and not have all the leftover models. But the dominion box could be awesome for Warcry. Im undecided on this one. Just doesnt feel like a good deal.

Edited by Gitzdee

5 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Are we sure that they included the multipart kits in this box? Sorry dont know much about the kruleboyz stuff. And i got the same problem with this price. I can still buy the whole dominion kruleboyz part for around 55 euros on the 2nd hand market and get the boltboyz that way. But this has more usefull stuff to ally into the gitz or used in a big waaagh and not have all the leftover models. But the dominion box could be awesome for Warcry. Im undecided on this one. Just doesnt feel like a good deal.

Yeah its the multipart ones, the dominion ones don't really have a champion, but the multipart ones do (its the guy with the banner and there's two of him on the box)

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Yeah its the multipart ones, the dominion ones don't really have a champion, but the multipart ones do (its the guy with the banner and there's two of him on the box)

Also the Dominion ones are on the same sprue as the Great Gnashtoof, so unless there's a pair of Great Gnashtoofs hidden away in this box it's the multipart set.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

They kind of do. One of them has a fancy quiver and shoulder pad. He's the one reaching back for a bolt. The banner is purely cosmetic anyway. I dont use them. Hard to be sneaky with a banner sticking up from your back, ya know. 

If you have any extra champion heads from either gutrippaz or boltboyz you can snip the top off and glue it on this feller to help distinguish it more.

20230227_141954.jpg.22acab4a508b4f9a8b4fe93a6b8c3506.jpg

(Edit) I'd like to see some more of the RoR. It would be a great way to move product and introduce these single hero sculpts. An example could be a mounted Snarlfang Rider boss or shammy. A hero and two packs of fangs. 🤩

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 6

Since no new seraphon this week and no rules for the Regiments of Renown yet... let's talk about Kroxigor! 

Do we think there is a good chance if we get them they'll have different load outs from the current kit? Like the Total War Sacred Kroxigor? We know the Slann, Saurus, and Raptadon Ridees will have different load outs at least visually.

Personally I feel like Seraphon could benefit from some melee that could deal with hard targets with high rend. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DinoJon said:

Since no new seraphon this week and no rules for the Regiments of Renown yet... let's talk about Kroxigor! 

Do we think there is a good chance if we get them they'll have different load outs from the current kit? Like the Total War Sacred Kroxigor? We know the Slann, Saurus, and Raptadon Ridees will have different load outs at least visually.

Personally I feel like Seraphon could benefit from some melee that could deal with hard targets with high rend. 

Personally expecting something similar to Kurnoth Hunters. A big unit of 3 with a variety of weapons, maybe one weapon that's fast but low damage, another that's few attacks but big damage, and maybe, if we're really really lucky, they'll get some sort of ranged option. I could see them having flamer fists or some giant crossbow thing, but I'm not counting on it.

Let's take a moment and assume that Seraphon will release in that first week of June, which would be pretty late. That's 13 weeks between here and then.

We already know of the new Slann, Raptodons, Warriors, Salamander, Astrolith Bearer, with likely two more things yet to come.

Assuming we get no early launch box or anything like that, my guess is that we're going to see them slow the roll on Seraphon releases until closer to the full reveal, which will be further down the line.

Now, if there IS a launch box, then they'll likely reveal everything before the battletome comes out in that launch box, as once that's out there's no point playing coy. 

There are a couple of key events coming up. 

First is Warhammer World Open Day, 4th of March.
Then Adepticon, 22nd of March

Those will be here before we know it. I would not be surprised if they announced the Seraphon launch box on the 4th for release later in March or early April, followed by a few more Seraphon reveals between now and then, in which case the trend of 'every other week' makes perfect sense. 

Then, Adepticon will be focused on basically everything else, such as revealing the next battletomes for AoS and of course the major focus on 40k 10th ed. 

But yeah, basically, it all comes down to if we're getting an early Launch Box for Seraphon. 

• LOVE IT! 2

2 hours ago, RileyArlic said:

Personally expecting something similar to Kurnoth Hunters. A big unit of 3 with a variety of weapons, maybe one weapon that's fast but low damage, another that's few attacks but big damage, and maybe, if we're really really lucky, they'll get some sort of ranged option. I could see them having flamer fists or some giant crossbow thing, but I'm not counting on it.

Let's take a moment and assume that Seraphon will release in that first week of June, which would be pretty late. That's 13 weeks between here and then.

We already know of the new Slann, Raptodons, Warriors, Salamander, Astrolith Bearer, with likely two more things yet to come.

Assuming we get no early launch box or anything like that, my guess is that we're going to see them slow the roll on Seraphon releases until closer to the full reveal, which will be further down the line.

Now, if there IS a launch box, then they'll likely reveal everything before the battletome comes out in that launch box, as once that's out there's no point playing coy. 

There are a couple of key events coming up. 

First is Warhammer World Open Day, 4th of March.
Then Adepticon, 22nd of March

Those will be here before we know it. I would not be surprised if they announced the Seraphon launch box on the 4th for release later in March or early April, followed by a few more Seraphon reveals between now and then, in which case the trend of 'every other week' makes perfect sense. 

Then, Adepticon will be focused on basically everything else, such as revealing the next battletomes for AoS and of course the major focus on 40k 10th ed. 

But yeah, basically, it all comes down to if we're getting an early Launch Box for Seraphon. 

Adepticon will probably be the Lion instead and 10th edition at Warhammer Fest

Also the fact they initially said codex in spring but the roadmap shows it in summer could be because there will a launch box in spring with the full release in summer

• Like 3

7 hours ago, DinoJon said:

That reminds me, didn't the original, forth edition Kroxigor have the option of giant bows? I wouldn't mind seeing Kroxigor with a ranger weapon a la Kurnoth Hunters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matrindur said:

Adepticon will probably be the Lion instead and 10th edition at Warhammer Fest

Also the fact they initially said codex in spring but the roadmap shows it in summer could be because there will a launch box in spring with the full release in summer

This is pretty much my expectation. I know people in some places were arguing over the exact definitions of spring and summer that GW uses, but ultimately I think it's because there'll be a Launch Box revealed soonish. 

Look, I understand the lizards are popular with people, but I'm sure we'll still have plenty of time to talk about them. However, for now, just until this next Saturday, could we please focus on what's really important?

Like, will the Skyriggers finally get more Wounds or a better Save? Because if they don't I will not consider them fixed, no matter how much damage they can do now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1