The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

💯 this.

Gotrek fits that niche to an extent but these two are ideal center pieces for any order army.

I wish Gotrek got some special rules for Fyreslayers though, just like Krondys and Karazai have more synergy with stormcast.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

These and any other boxes like them would have been planned more than likely well over a year ago so there could be others. 

Yes but what I meant is that these are getting their rules printed in the next White Dwarf so if there are more I would also expect them to have printed rules in future WD. So I don't know if they want them to take up space in probably multiple WDs or if it will just be a one a done deal. 

But I did overlook that the rules will also be released as free downloads so future ones might only be downloads? Still wouldn't expect more than six for now

2 hours ago, Ogregut said:

I really like the chaos one, the waycry monsters are great sculpts. 

Regarding clearing stock - I'm sure they have the technology now to grind up sprues to be reused. 

Surely they would do that if they had an excess of stock rather than pay for new packaging, artwork and other resources? 

Uh, no? If they grind up the models they make zero profit and maybe recoup a buck in materials per box. If re-packaging models makes it possible to sell them then of course GW would do it. Sure the profit margin would be a little smaller, but it's still going to be more profit than just grinding up the plastic.

Just in case anyone wasn't around in second edition, GW pulled something very similar there. They added mercenary rules to the game and then dropped them immediately at the next GHB and pretended like they never existed. The majority of the mercenary companies were for models that stuck around, but once they sold out of the dwarf cannons in particular they promptly deleted from the game. I would not be surprised at all to see the same thing here. It's possible they might herald some resculpts (for example there was a blood knight mercenary company before the new plastics dropped), but I'm guessing the dwarves will disappear from the game before the edition is out. 

Edited by Grimrock
  • Like 7

Cool concept, cool boxes (probably with a small discount), but yeah, hard to take seriously when they’re likely going to be illegal to field outside of open play/homebrew rules in 12 months or less.

A shame, the whole Dogs of War/Regiments of Renown side of things has always been rad.

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

Uh, no? If they grind up the models they make zero profit and maybe recoup a buck in materials per box. If re-packaging models makes it possible to sell them then of course GW would do it. Sure the profit margin would be a little smaller, but it's still going to be more profit than just grinding up the plastic.

Fair point, not really sure how it all works. 

I still don't buy the whole clearing out stock however, with boxes of models like the dwarves, an announcement saying they are on last chance to buy would see them sold out in a day. 

I'm a bit late catching up, so I apologize if the subject of soup tomes has moved on but I wanted to throw in my two cents. 

Soup tomes should go away altogether but Grand Alliance armies should make a comeback with their own subfactions for what would qualify for a soup tome.

Grand Alliance Destruction, subfaction Big Waaagh. 

Grand Alliance Order, subfaction Duardin Restoration 

With more than just an afterthought of Allegiance abilities, Artefacts, Spells and Command Traits.

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

So, from what I understand, any sort of talk of 'reboxing' or 'grinding up sprues' comes from pure speculation. I COULD VERY WELL BE WRONG, but from what I've heard, here's the issue.

1. Grinding up sprues means taking things from the Memphis warehouse as well as other distribution centers and inventory centers and sending them BACK TO THE UK, which costs the company more in shipping than it would to simply print more plastic. What they're more likely to do is to recycle the entire box and sprue into the garbage if they do decide that it's worthwhile to huck old product, but even this is wasteful and invites the risk of employees or dumpster divers trying to snag 'free stuff', which they do not like to do. GW will even tell their shop employees to tear the pages out of books before recycling them to discourage reselling of novels instead of donating them. That's just corporate logic for you. GW are not the only company to do this, mind. 

2. Reboxing models would require warehouse workers (again in places outside of the UK, coordinating with the UK) to take the correct models out of the correct boxes and put them into the correct boxes with the correct instructions and correct bases. There are too many moving parts and they don't have the space or expertise to do this across multiple warehouses. If they did do this, you'd see many, many, many boxes sold to customers that do not have the correct contents, but this is VERY seldom the case. It's not that warehouse workers are lacking in skill, it's simply that coordinating such an effort is unrealistic and things slip through the cracks. Better to have everything packaged in one location and then sent out to be sold elsewhere.

What's most likely is that these boxes were prepared well in advance (remember they are often designed ahead of time, printed in china, shipped to the UK, and then boxed in the UK) and the machines pumped out exactly these kits to be boxed into them. Dinojon is right above, it's likely that production of the Tzeentch Endless Spells was directed to filling these boxes instead of backfilling inventory, but could be due to other things.

As it stands, it's interesting timing, coming out alongside price hikes to give people a way to get little combo boxes that save a few bucks while helping to expand an army. I'm tempted by the zombie/corpse cart one because I was already going to get some zombies, but now I get a cheaper corpse cart too? Seems decent. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

Didn’t they already do mercenaries, only to remove them from play a short while later?

Yes, but last time it was just a GHB thing at a time when GHBs were full of disposable add-on rules that were never revisited, we didn't get dedicated mercenary boxes.

26 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Was just checking Cities Dwarf prices on the webstore and...

When did the Cogsmith disappear? Looks like he's now only available in the Start Collecting?

They do this a lot now look at scinari cathallar for lumineth only in vanguard now.

Interesting and logical take on why the last two band warcry box, nightmare quest, may in fact be kruleboyz 😀🤗 and vanguard stormcast. presumably in the new thunderstrike armor and proportions. 

🤘🤪🤘

The suggested rumor engineimages.jpeg.979f705b3573a204490d3a544be6b43b.jpeg

Has me worried that if it is kruleboyz the only models with talons are... the hobiest of grotz... 

We shall see!!!

Oh and if it is stormcast vanguard, geedubs, please position their hand crossbows the right way. 😄

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Interesting and logical take on why the last two band warcry box, nightmare quest, may in fact be kruleboyz 😀🤗 and vanguard stormcast. presumably in the new thunderstrike armor and proportions. 

🤘🤪🤘

Has me worried that if it is kruleboyz the only models with talons are... the hobiest of grotz... 

We shall see!!!

Oh and if it is stormcast vanguard, geedubs, please position their hand crossbows the right way. 😄

I just can't imagine them doing the first 3 boxes with Nurgle > Tzeentch > Khorne, then not doing Slaanesh in the 4th one.

33 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

🤘🤪🤘

We shall see!!!

The only problem is that I don't see how this ties into the name of the box. Every expansion this year for both Warcry and Kill Team has tied into at least one of the warbands. Shadow vault suggests crypt and hence Necrons. Sundered Fate is a pretty clear reference to Tzeentch. Soul shackle suggests both the Dark Eldar and the gear of the Arbites and Blood hunt has strong ties to both the vampires and Khorne. If I was to guess a warband based purely on the name I would choose FEC as they seem to fit the Nightmare Quest description perfectly. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, KingKull said:

Y'all got any more of them lizard rumors? 🥺

Ive been wracking my brain about the upcoming model kits. Seems like we're getting 7 for sure. 

1. Slann
2. Raptadons
3. Astrolith Beaerer
4. Saurus Warriors
5. Kroxigor
6. Hunting Pack kit (Salamander redo?)
7. Knights or Monster (according to the generous Whitefang)
8. Let's not forget Hunters of Haunchi

Things we know we're not getting once again according to what Whitefang has hinted at seems to be Saurus Guard and Skinks. We could be losing some kits and have them roll into existing units or just outright removed. We might be saying goodbye to regular chameleon skinks and who knows about the Skink priest and Skink Starseer. 

Is it possible we might get more than 7? I would love at this point to get more foot heroes considering of the current GHB. If we could get a foot Kroxigor hero, I would be in heaven.  I would also love to see Endless Spells/Prayers for the Seraphon but they don't seem likely given we havent seen a faction get them since Lumineth?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

The only problem is that I don't see how this ties into the name of the box. Every expansion this year for both Warcry and Kill Team has tied into at least one of the warbands. Shadow vault suggests crypt and hence Necrons. Sundered Fate is a pretty clear reference to Tzeentch. Soul shackle suggests both the Dark Eldar and the gear of the Arbites and Blood hunt has strong ties to both the vampires and Khorne. If I was to guess a warband based purely on the name I would choose FEC as they seem to fit the Nightmare Quest description perfectly. 

With slannesh you have those who are looking for where their god is imprisoned, the Seekers. 

Sounds like a quest to me. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

1. Slann
2. Raptadons
3. Astrolith Beaerer
4. Saurus Warriors
5. Kroxigor
6. Hunting Pack kit (Salamander redo?)
7. Knights or Monster (according to the generous Whitefang)
8. Let's not forget Hunters of Haunchi

im sure u are rigth till 6, then i guess we will get new knights and saurus hero on cold one. since gw always so mounts hero with exactly same pose in every army release :D

would be 8, but gw never said we will get only 7, is guessed since they said 3 wasnt even half, but it could means we will get even 15 kits haha

normal chamaleons must go away since huanchi are same unit, but i dont know how will they be sold.always same warcry box, or new box of 5 or 10?

2 hours ago, Kitsumy said:

im sure u are rigth till 6, then i guess we will get new knights and saurus hero on cold one. since gw always so mounts hero with exactly same pose in every army release :D

would be 8, but gw never said we will get only 7, is guessed since they said 3 wasnt even half, but it could means we will get even 15 kits haha

normal chamaleons must go away since huanchi are same unit, but i dont know how will they be sold.always same warcry box, or new box of 5 or 10?

Very likely just the Warcry box that's out will continue to be sold.

In the future, like maybe one or two Warcry seasons away, they will sell the box without the warcry cards and such, and it'll just be the skinks.

We already have the warscrolls for the two loadouts for the cham skinks, either bolas or blowpipes. Bolas are interesting because they stun and have better melee bite, but the blowpipes are much longer range and can do mortal wounds, at the expense of having zero melee prowess. 

10 hours ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

Didn’t they already do mercenaries, only to remove them from play a short while later?

Exactly. I don't trust GW after what they did with Spire of Dawn, Start Collecting Greenskinz and Legion of the First Prince. What's the point of buying "old" duradins if they dissapear in the few months?

• Like 7