The Rumour Thread

18 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Out of interest, what are the gaps in the KO range people would like to see filled? It’s certainly small but feels more rounded than one-note jobs like Fyreslayers or Ironjaws.

There aren't. We just need Riggers or Wardens turned into a melee hammer and we're good.

17 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Out of interest, what are the gaps in the KO range people would like to see filled? It’s certainly small but feels more rounded than one-note jobs like Fyreslayers or Ironjaws.

Female Dwarfs mostly ("Jetpack" Valkyrie units maybe).  More ships because I'm a sucker for them. 

But yes compared to Fyreslayers, KO has an amazing range.  

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I love it.
It embodies perfectly the legalistic way of the KO (i'd also would have loved a Grudgekeeper but ths fits more the idea behind their culture) and the models is showing some things i'd love to see for their new models like the unmasked face and the "power steam armor".
I'm still bummed about the "no other models for you"though...

This is the first mainline Kharadron model that has a non-helmet option right? As far as I remember only special edition releases like Drekki Flynt had options for bare heads before

I'd say there's room for a smaller ship, a one-dwarf vessel (sky-bike?). Would also be cool to see them get a flying piece of terrain, a skyport that can heal their ships or re-load them for a +1 to hit or something as long as they don't move from that terrain feature, maybe? 

I'd definitely say there's way more room for new models in the Fyreslayers. They need medium-size and small-size salamanders or other fire beasts, maybe an avatar of their fire-god (ala avatar of khaine, but dwarf), more fyreslayers wielding lava weapons, kind of like the votann berzerkers. 

• Like 3

Okay, now I want a weekly warhammer+ show that's a court room drama with the new Codewright going up against Vokmortian. 

Every week is a new case, mostly things like 2 grots arguing over the ownership of some glass bottles but every now and then some big names appear like Sigmar suing Kragnos for destroying his latest city in Ghur. 

Could even have guest judges every week, Morathi one week, Kroak the next. 

I'll watch it!! 

99070207012_OBRVokmortianMasterofBoneTithe01.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • LOVE IT! 3

3 hours ago, sandlemad said:

Glad you asked! As you could see with some answer from @Snorri Nelriksson and @King Under the Mountain, there are some roles that needs to be filled. Here are some points:

If we look in to our gameplay:

• Melee units: Yes, we have some melee shock troops (both skyriggers), but that's it. Where are our "corsair" units? That crazy dudes that jump from our ships to plunder? 
  • Melee units 2.0:  We use exo-skeletons, autommatons, etc... but they are not represented in any of our units. Anvil units maybe?
  • Terrain: Still waiting.
  • Endless spells prayers things: at least we can use one artifact (Spell in the bottle...?)
  • Named ships: I'm really happy about our ships, but we need our big and unique centerpiece. Our Teclis, Nagash, Archaon, etc...
  • Chartered companies: Any rule would be appreciated to see the diference between the main arkanaut fleet and the chartered companies (eg: Grundstock Company). Imo, something like the Lumineth temples could work.

If we look on our Lore:

• Female dwarfs: Where the F are they?
  • Copperheads: That's our "anti-riot/long beards" dudes.
  • Cogmonculus: Mini-mechs. Sadly, they are tied to one artifact.
  • Black Marines: Grundstock Company unit. High elite units specialized in searching and taking down ghosts and this kind of stuff (who you gonna call? Black Marines!).
  • Runescribes: Our elite units, think like Custodes but a bit smaller and they protect our main Skyports HQs.
  • Zonbeks: flying lighthouse full of weapons to secure skypaths and trading routes.
  • Chartered companies: (See gameplay) A lot to do here, but I expect Big Game Hunters (hunt big monsters), the Demolishing Companies (boom!), etc... we only have Grundstock units at this moment.
  • Ships: Sky-trawlers, makaisson-class hauler, khrundal-class battleships, etc... 
  • Heroes/Titles: Lord Magnates, Trade-commodores, Grundstock Marshals,... beign a meritocratic society, we have a lot here!

There are a lot more things that should be represented with new units, but I'm really tired (long monday). Hope that helps!

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 15
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 2/11/2023 at 7:52 PM, Vasshpit said:

Theres a new icon on the map, Grozziks gouge. 

On 2/11/2023 at 8:54 PM, LordSolarMach said:

Askurgan Bone-monasteries (funny that Count Moltaire's Bloodhunt is confirmed to not be associated with the Bloodhunt box)

Feels weird that they're piecemealing art/lore in these books tbqh... so basically if you buy one set and not any of the others, you actually have an incomplete Warcry book..? I hope it's just the map but still ??

16 minutes ago, Mnch said:

i could trade assap this new hero for a terrain like a lighthouse in a ballon

Not terrain per-say but would love to see Zunfar tower's in game.

" Every Sky-port's borders are guarded by Zunfar towers. Named after the Arkanaut Admiral who pioneered their use, those floating fortresses are armed with overwhelming arrays of swivel-guns and cannons" (source lexicanum)

Probably too big honestly but still a cool idea. 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

3 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Nice model.

Another single hero book release though, and it's another dude.

As for lighthouse on a balloon:

image.jpeg.4f22ec6183710d1c8da57e5dbc70a1e8.jpeg

That is freaking beautiful!  Also looked at the rest of the scenery from that kickstarter and by Grungi's beard it's all amazing.  If I had enough space to have my own game board I would buy the whole thing. 

47 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Glad you asked! As you could see with some answer from @Snorri Nelriksson and @King Under the Mountain, there are some roles that needs to be filled. Here are some points:

If we look in to our gameplay:

• Melee units: Yes, we have some melee shock troops (both skyriggers), but that's it. Where are our "corsair" units? That crazy dudes that jump from our ships to plunder? 
  • Melee units 2.0:  We use exo-skeletons, autommatons, etc... but they are not represented in any of our units. Anvil units maybe?
  • Terrain: Still waiting.
  • Endless spells prayers things: at least we can use one artifact (Spell in the bottle...?)
  • Named ships: I'm really happy about our ships, but we need our big and unique centerpiece. Our Teclis, Nagash, Archaon, etc...
  • Chartered companies: Any rule would be appreciated to see the diference between the main arkanaut fleet and the chartered companies (eg: Grundstock Company). Imo, something like the Lumineth temples could work.

If we look on our Lore:

• Female dwarfs: Where the F are they?
  • Copperheads: That's our "anti-riot/long bears" dudes.
  • Cogmonculus: Mini-mechs. Sadly, they are tied to one artifact.
  • Black Marines: Grundstock Company unit. High elite units specialized in searching and taking down ghosts and this kind of stuff (who you gonna call? Black Marines!).
  • Runescribes: Our elite units, think like Custodes but a bit smaller and they protect our main Skyports HQs.
  • Zonbeks: flying lighthouse full of weapons to secure skypaths and trading routes.
  • Chartered companies: (See gameplay) A lot to do here, but I expect Big Game Hunters (hunt big monsters), the Demolishing Companies (boom!), etc... sadly, we only have Grundstock units.
  • Ships: Sky-trawlers, makaisson-class hauler, khrundal-class battleships, etc... 
  • Heroes/Titles: Lord Magnates, Trade-commodores, Grundstock Marshals,... beign a meritocratic society, we have a lot here!

There are a lot more things that should be represented with new units, but I'm really tired (long monday). Hope that helps!

They could push arkanaut into that corsair role, they've all got melee weapons and pistols, and it would give them something to excel at, but maybe they'd be too cool then.
You could let them charge out of boats with a bonus, or be the only unit that can get out after the boat moves.

• Like 1