The Rumour Thread

8 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Blackstone Fortress expansion. Pretty sure it's OOP now though, sadly.

Ah, thanks. So Zoats have been back and gone again and I missed them ☹️

At least it shows they still exist in the lore. Did they have any hints of the  'heralds of the Nids' when they were in Blackstone?

40 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Necromonday strikes again! 

qfu17QBROGDvpo25.jpg

That is an awesome looking beastie!! Better than the standard Cyber Muscle Lad!!

26 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

Don't get me wrong, these are lovely models, but I wish they either actually showed models from all their games, or truly commited and came clean that it's always gonna be necromunda models on mondays

Yeah NecroMondays is just a thing now. We had the Kruelboy mini once, like 6 months ago?

2 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

Only the models that have overlap with 40k are staying, but not even all of those (which is weird).

Even the Stormcast heads have gone (no longer listed).

I hope something like the dread Saurian, the Troggoth Hag and the Mournghul find their way to plastic

I could see the Troggoth Hag being kept around in a spiritual sense. A reference in the book, maybe a trait or artefact to make a Dankhold Troggboss a *Moonclan wizard* or references her. "Hag's Eye Talisman" or something.

You can already sorta do it. Dankhold Boss with the generic Spellbook artefact that makes anyone a wizard, Scrapskuttle's Arachnacauldron, and you have a discount Troggoth Hag. She couldn't cast any Gloomspite spells without the cauldron anyway due to keyword conflicts anyway, so it's pretty similar (but a lot cheaper/weaker).

46 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Ah, thanks. So Zoats have been back and gone again and I missed them ☹️

At least it shows they still exist in the lore. Did they have any hints of the  'heralds of the Nids' when they were in Blackstone?

In Blackstone it's revealed that they weren't "heralds of the Nids" in the old way of being Nid ambassadors, but refugees heralding an upcoming disaster. They were one of the first races to encounter the Nids and fled as refugees, trying to befriend others for sanctuary and warn them about the approaching doom. When they encountered humanity there was a psychic miscommunication, something like "[The Nids] are coming to destroy you, you will be destroyed." And humanity took that as the Zoats threatening them so they started killing Zoats. Now they live as isolationist nomads.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

13 battleforces for 40k now, not even 1 is a xenos box.

And if the rumors are to be believed about the future of 40k, then it starting to look more and more like Horus Heresy 2.0 more than anything.

As someone who just started a Stormcast army, this kind of stuff is what makes me glad Stormcast "flopped" as a main protagonist faction--at least, on the same tier as Space Marines. I remember when the Extremis Chamber had its own battletome and the designers were talking about Stormhosts getting their own books like Space Marine Chapters.

For all the grief people give Stormcast for hogging releases, at least they have the decency to stay in new edition starters lol

• Like 13

27 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Not to get too off topic but what are the whispers on the winds saying?

The Lion of the dark angels is coming back to the setting, so is the soul of Sanguinius of the blood angels. And they will have the largest spacemarine release ever following them.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, EntMan said:

What is this from? 😃

Black stone fortress expensions, Now no longer in production as said. The Zoat alone can now set you back £200. Madness because I was just going to buy one and didn’t realise they’d stopped. 

The New Necromunda bug is great. Wish they'd do Scavvies and Ratskins, but more Xeno is great with me.

Not to distract, I knew of the Lion courtesy of Valrak, but Sanguinius Doing a Voldemort truly is something.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beliman said:

WarCom answer: The scale will remain the same as it ever was. We want people to be able to use their old armies if they wish, or to start new ones, or to add new miniatures to old armies – whatever they want.

Does this means that tOW models releases will be knly for tOW and can't be used in AoS?

1 hour ago, Captaniser said:

13 battleforces for 40k now, not even 1 is a xenos box.

And if the rumors are to be believed about the future of 40k, then it starting to look more and more like Horus Heresy 2.0 more than anything.

The Marine battleforces recently are because they're trying to shift unsold stock. Notice how they're still not selling either. A lot of big 3rd party retailers haven't even gotten the 4 new Marine battleforces because the RG and IF ones aren't selling.

42 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

As someone who just started a Stormcast army, this kind of stuff is what makes me glad Stormcast "flopped" as a main protagonist faction--at least, on the same tier as Space Marines. I remember when the Extremis Chamber had its own battletome and the designers were talking about Stormhosts getting their own books like Space Marine Chapters.

For all the grief people give Stormcast for hogging releases, at least they have the decency to stay in new edition starters lol

Really? This reason is why I gave up on stormcast. I wish they did break up the parts of the army into separate stricter stormhosts. There are so many options that it is maddening trying to pick and choose units. Especially since there are enough units for each chamber to look and feel different. I'm curious to where people stand on this.  

7 minutes ago, Bosskelot said:

The Marine battleforces recently are because they're trying to shift unsold stock. Notice how they're still not selling either. A lot of big 3rd party retailers haven't even gotten the 4 new Marine battleforces because the RG and IF ones aren't selling.

Yeah, I can see that at my local stores, they have sold well but there's still a lot left. A lot of people play Space Marines, but not enough to sell $200+ battleforces for every variation of Vanilla Marine, and GW seems to over-produce the boxes and unload them on small retailers. It felt excessive in 2021 or 2020 (can't remember which) where they had 2 Marine Battleforce boxes, and this holiday they have put out 6 (that I remember). Plus the boarding party box. Even with the largest fan-base, it's too many Marine boxes to sell.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, cofaxest said:

Does this means that tOW models releases will be knly for tOW and can't be used in AoS?

Who knows.
In my opinion they'd be leaving money on the table if they didn't write aos rules for ToW models but they might not see it the same way.

50 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

The Lion of the dark angels is coming back to the setting, so is the soul of Sanguinius of the blood angels. And they will have the largest spacemarine release ever following them.

with the loud whispers of the 2022 marine boxes not selling well, I wonder how even more saturation is going to work out... at this point I just feel bad for 40k. I know we have various things to complain about with AOS but diversity of armies and model design has never been one...

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

Really? This reason is why I gave up on stormcast. I wish they did break up the parts of the army into separate stricter stormhosts. There are so many options that it is maddening trying to pick and choose units. Especially since there are enough units for each chamber to look and feel different. I'm curious to where people stand on this.  

One book, that specifically uses linear design and synergies to encourage building into one of the separate chambers.
They've been moving away from linear design as a rule in aos 3, which is a huge mistake imo. Sure the buff stacking was a bit hard to balance at times but the alternative is that any book with more than like 15 warscrolls will be stuck with useless units that are just worse than their counterparts that do the same thing. They really threw the baby out with the bathwater with that design direction.
Modular design has its place for sure, but so does linear design, and by all rights stormcast should heavily lean on linear design, both because of the sheer number of warscrolls and because its easier to listbuild in linear books and stormcast are supposed to be a beginner army.

• Like 7