The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Overread said:

The Novella series were great fun, its a shame that the last season of them had only 1 AOS book if I recall right and they appear ot have been abandoned as a concept. I still feel like Black Library still hasn't recovered from the loss of Mr Reynolds in terms of having an experienced skilled writer on team dedicated to a lot of AoS writing. Too many of BL's skilled are tied up with 40K 

I think Nick Horth is my favourite AoS author, Josh Reynolds included. He also wrote Broken Realms Morathi which was great. It's a shame he hasn't done any Black Library work for a while, probably too busy cranking out lore for all the battletomes that are coming out. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Chikout said:

I think Nick Horth is my favourite AoS author, Josh Reynolds included. He also wrote Broken Realms Morathi which was great. It's a shame he hasn't done any Black Library work for a while, probably too busy cranking out lore for all the battletomes that are coming out. 

11 hours ago, Overread said:

The Novella series were great fun, its a shame that the last season of them had only 1 AOS book if I recall right and they appear ot have been abandoned as a concept. I still feel like Black Library still hasn't recovered from the loss of Mr Reynolds in terms of having an experienced skilled writer on team dedicated to a lot of AoS writing. Too many of BL's skilled are tied up with 40K 

Josh Reynolds was a God amongst Mortals. I really hope they somehow bring him back to finish Eight Lamentations because that book is easily one of the best in all Black Library.

Richard Strachen and Andy Clarke are authors I will always read!!

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Some of the battleforces are up for pre-order on the new Zealand site and they are not the same price. The Sylvaneth box is $413NZD and the Daughters of Khaine box is $310NZD. That's quite a difference. The DoK box looks like it will be £100 or $170US if the prices are consistent with other GW products. 

Edit- ok this is super wierd. In Japan the DoK box is slightly more expensive than the Sylvaneth box.

Edited by Chikout

9 hours ago, Chikout said:

Some of the battleforces are up for pre-order on the new Zealand site and they are not the same price. The Sylvaneth box is $413NZD and the Daughters of Khaine box is $310NZD. That's quite a difference. The DoK box looks like it will be £100 or $170US if the prices are consistent with other GW products. 

Edit- ok this is super wierd. In Japan the DoK box is slightly more expensive than the Sylvaneth box.

All of them are £130 on the UK site.

• Like 1

I was musing that one thing Horus Heresy has 40k and AoS beaten on is the Exemplary Battle articles. For those who don't pay much attention, every few months they put out a free PDF with some lore about a particular battle (or a snapshot of one) and at the end there's 1-2 new units added, as well as a bit of a showcase of ways the studio members converted said units out of existing GW/FW bits (usually they get two different examples). 

I don't ever see it happening, but I do wish AoS had something like that. Sure you can homebrew but there's something to be said for being able to take these to "Nothing unofficial allowed!!!" events and being encouraged to 'make' the unit yourself by converting or slapping together bits.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sigmarusvult said:

So which battleforces are actually good in terms of savings ? 

Apparently it depends on what country you're in. I picked up the Gloomspite one in the UK, which is a bit over 30% saving over RRP, and I ordered it from a third party retailer as well of course.

Now that I'm back home, here's a list of the GB£ and US$ RRP of the individual constituents of the boxes, along with the UK percentage savings (it's not 10am in the US yet, so I don't know what the prices will be over there):

• Sylvaneth - £211/$350 (39%)
  • Skaven - £206.50/$338 (37%)
  • Nighthaunt - £200/$330 (35%)
  • Stormcast - £198.50/$325 (34%)
  • Gloomspite Gitz - £191.50/$313 (32%)
  • Kruleboyz - £187.50/$315 (31%)
  • Daughters of Khaine - £179.50/$302 (29%)

I'd say that's a decent discount across the board, but it really comes down to how much of the box contents you actually want. I want all of the Gitz so it's good value. I'd feel less happy with DoK where (even if I wanted to start the army) I detest Doomfire Warlocks. Both the Nighthaunt and Sylvaneth boxes look a lot less appealing if you already have the named character contained within too.

Edited by JerekKruger
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, EntMan said:

All of them are £130 on the UK site.

It really is quite weird. These sets are all the same price in the UK, slightly different in Japan and very different in Australia and New Zealand. I live in Japan so I'm aware of these things and I've never noticed something like this before. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chikout said:

It really is quite weird. These sets are all the same price in the UK, slightly different in Japan and very different in Australia and New Zealand. I live in Japan so I'm aware of these things and I've never noticed something like this before. 

Yeah it's pretty bizarre. I'd love to know what factors went into the pricing choices in various countries, especially since the more expensive boxes aren't consistent across countries (like your DoK/Sylvaneth example above).

57 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Meanwhile they are all the same price for EU but my LGS choose to change that by themself by discounting each one differently between 15% and 3%. ^^

(Which is the first time they did something like this since I started buying from them 6 years ago)

Edited by Matrindur

16 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Meanwhile they are all the same price for EU but my LGS choose to change that by themself by discounting each one differently between 15% and 3%. ^^

(Which is the first time they did something like this since I started buying from them 6 years ago)

I just bought one; they are all priced the same in Poland - and sell for the equivalent of £101.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Is that with a Third Party Discount? I thought GWs exchange rate usually worked against non UK purchases.

15%, universal for all boxes, so it would be £120 to start with. Still cheaper than the official price - strange, but I will not complain.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Matrindur said:

This could be a result of GW raising trade prices (the prices third party sellers pay) by 5.8% on selected products as of 23/11/2022. It might be that these aren't all the same price for third party sellers to order, so in order to avoid losing money they are also varying their discounts.

I'd expect to see more of this going forward. It's likely that the days of across the board 15-25% discounts are coming to an end.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Chikout said:

So during the pandemic, I did a little bit of research as I was curious about the lack of availability of Stegadons and weather it was worldwide or just us in NZ. So I checked the website for what I consider the major regions (UK, US, Canada, EU) to see where Stegadons were available - I was not surprised to find out they were available everywhere but NZ 😡

While doing this, I noticed some odd pricing, so I started comparing the UK and NZ price of products. I found that 2 kits the same price in the UK were not always the same  price in NZ. The biggest discrepancy seemed to be the clampack heroes, which are more expensive in NZ than similar priced kits in UK (eg, at the time I did this, Space Marine Scouts and Primaris Captain were the same price in UK, but scouts were $64nz and captain was $74nz). Start Collecting boxes, monsters and big boxes (like Necromunda Ash Wastes) usually also had a higher nz price despite being the same price as other items on the uk website (eg Start Collecting Seraphon and the Carnosaur are the same price in uk, but in nz they were $165nz and $113nz respectively)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Red King said:

300 dollars? Am I going crazy? Last time I bought a battle force was the old skaven one and it was barely over 200 if that??

Are you looking at the prices I quoted above? If so, the US prices are just the combined RRP of the individual components, not the post discount price (which I don't know yet as the US site still doesn't seem to have them up for pre-order). I'd imagine they'll be somewhere between $210 and $230 after the discount, but can't say for certain.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

So during the pandemic, I did a little bit of research as I was curious about the lack of availability of Stegadons and weather it was worldwide or just us in NZ. So I checked the website for what I consider the major regions (UK, US, Canada, EU) to see where Stegadons were available - I was not surprised to find out they were available everywhere but NZ 😡

While doing this, I noticed some odd pricing, so I started comparing the UK and NZ price of products. I found that 2 kits the same price in the UK were not always the same  price in NZ. The biggest discrepancy seemed to be the clampack heroes, which are more expensive in NZ than similar priced kits in UK (eg, at the time I did this, Space Marine Scouts and Primaris Captain were the same price in UK, but scouts were $64nz and captain was $74nz). Start Collecting boxes, monsters and big boxes (like Necromunda Ash Wastes) usually also had a higher nz price despite being the same price as other items on the uk website (eg Start Collecting Seraphon and the Carnosaur are the same price in uk, but in nz they were $165nz and $113nz respectively)

The outer circle on youtube has a.few videos breaking down differences in price, hes from Australia. Quite interesting.