The Rumour Thread

I'm so happy the forum is back! It's been so boring to look it up and see the site unavailable message everytime. This place is the positive energy I need in my life and my hobby.

It's been a wonderful time for me though, I played my first real game of AoS and the same they announced the perfect boxset that the sundered fate is. I can't overstate how much I love everyting in that box, the little pterosaurs especially were a great surprise. The S2D look perfect too and will probably become my next full on playable army (because now I'm not only buying things to paint but also play with them, what a world we live in)

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 4

17 hours ago, Talas said:

Rob from TheHonestWargamer just mentioned some rumors about the next GHB: heroes below 9 wounds would be untargetable near other units. He said the source was Twitter, does anyone know more about it?

I was just saying the other day I hoped the next season would focus on non-monster non-mounted heroes. Cavalry seemed the obvious next choice but I'll be very happy if its true.
I just hope they incentivize taking those "fighty" on foot heroes that generally don't have a place in the game, and it doesn't devolve into spamming support heroes.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

I'm so happy the forum is back! It's been so boring to look it up and see the site unavailable message everytime. This place is the positive energy I need in my life and my hobby.

It's been a wonderful time for me though, I played my first real game of AoS and the same they announced the perfect boxset that the sundered fate is. I can't overstate how much I love everyting in that box, the little pterosaurs especially were a great surprise. The S2D look perfect too and will probably become my next full on playable army (because now I'm not only buying things to paint but also play with them, what a world we live in)

Congrats on your first game mate!! Its good to be back.

• LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

I was just saying the other day I hoped the next season would focus on non-monster non-mounted heroes.

Well based on what's been released model wise so far I think 3.0 is more accurately The Era Of The Foot Hero, so it makes sense to reflect that in the rules! 😂

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

I just hope they incentivize taking those "fighty" on foot heroes that generally don't have a place in the game, and it doesn't devolve into spamming support heroes.

Looking at how the "Monster GHB" made most of the no super tank monsters bad and how the actual "Infantry GHB" is making most no-utility battlelines bad, I wouldn't be surprised if the "hero GHB" end being about avoiding all but the most essential support heroes... The GHB themes see to be more about avoiding the units they focus than incentivizing those units.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Looks like a weird upside down exhaust. Could be 40k orks/ dark mechanicus? My AoS guess would be Grotbag airship exhaust hanging down.

RE aren't always shown the right way up I don't think, so I wouldn't read too much into it pointing downwards.

• Like 1

I still think it could be hanging downwards, maybe not at that exact angle :).

Edit: Looking at the timeline that most RE are at least half a year away, it could also be something Dawnbringer Crusade related. I still expect that to release somewhere after 10th edition 40k.

Edited by Gitzdee

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Screams 40K to me.

cF1kCj6k5Yd5RENh.jpg

"People are overjoyed TGA is back online."

"Quickly, let's use the least inspiring detail of a mini ever for a Rumour Engine or else the fandom could become too positive! A primaris Lieutenant doesn't cut it this time."

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

16 hours ago, MitGas said:

The new slaves are indeed great minis for the most part, with a couple of them being quite sexy! I wish their cloaks and boots weren't full of holes though, it's so unsophisticated. The Tzeentch warband looks like something out of Elden Ring (which is pretty cool). I actually like the Cyper Lords better though, although all I really care about for my own collection are Tzeentch "Chosen" and maybe a few of the missing heroes. 😇

Ah good sir @MitGas! It has been far too long since we talked about The Architect of Fate and his missing units. I personally prefer these new jade-loving cultists (especially the daemon-bird, priestess, and the idol carrier and his magnificent beard). I personally cannot wait to get my hands on the new daemon prince, and all the extra bits I'll be able to use in other projects once I'm done dedicating him to Tzeentch.

15 minutes ago, MitGas said:

"People are overjoyed TGA is back online."

"Quickly, let's use the least inspiring detail of a mini ever for a Rumour Engine or else the fandom could become too positive! A primaris Lieutenant doesn't cut it this time."

Jokes on GW then, one of my favorite warhammer YouTube channels posted a video featuring Tomb Kings, and they showed off a new Tzeentch Warband. They can't break my spirit!!!

16 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

I am so hyped for this that I just bought the Accursed Cultists set to have some proxy models for the eye of the gods for when I end up with some extra spawn from my pre-battle rolls on the table. 

Do I want my general to be turned into a spawn before the battle begins... no!
Will I be absolutely prepared for when they do... yes!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I am so hyped for this that I just bought the Accursed Cultists set to have some proxy models for the eye of the gods for when I end up with some extra spawn from my pre-battle rolls on the table. 

Do I want my general to be turned into a spawn before the battle begins... no!
Will I be absolutely prepared for when they do... yes!

@Neverchosen, it's always good to be prepared for the worse scenario, it's why I've been looking at ways to kitbash warriors from LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!! until TOW finally drops. Personally, I want to see what the regular units Eye of The Gods table looks like, and how this will effect the various flavors of chaos as a whole....

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

@Neverchosen, it's always good to be prepared for the worse scenario, it's why I've been looking at ways to kitbash warriors from LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!! until TOW finally drops. Personally, I want to see what the regular units Eye of The Gods table looks like, and how this will effect the various flavors of chaos as a whole....

It has been leaked and it looks really good, especially the way it will impact individual units. Slaves to Darkness is going to be a really fun and pardon the pun chaotic army to play. 

Almost makes ruining ravagers ability worth it... almost!

Now I just need to get me some fancy Chosen... and maybe my holy grail model Be'Lakor.

Edited by Neverchosen

7 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Stonehorn monstrous rampage: if you charge then you can move 3d6 inches and move over models but it must end that movement 3 inches from any enemy unit

… huh. That’s… Yknow that’s not what I was expecting but do that on enemy player’s turn and get it out of combat to set up a charge on yours… that’s potent. Sort of a mini Manfred game of catch me if you can, with impact hits.

32 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

… huh. That’s… Yknow that’s not what I was expecting but do that on enemy player’s turn and get it out of combat to set up a charge on yours… that’s potent. Sort of a mini Manfred game of catch me if you can, with impact hits.

You must stay 3 inches or less.

8 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Stonehorn monstrous rampage: if you charge then you can move 3d6 inches and move over models but it must end that movement 3 inches from any enemy unit

35 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

If this is the wording this is actually insane. What you can do is charge something, do the rampage and move 3d6 over units, then still pile into something (because you made a charge move you can pile in even if you're not within 3" of an enemy).
Screening stonehorns just got insanely hard. Plus it works well for combo charging stuff and taking it out with mortals.