The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Gothmaug said:

Now if GW would just hurry up and leak some info for Warhammer Day next week, we could all get on to speculating on what cool models we might see during the presentation!

Sadly every indication so far is that the preview will be 40k only, that's certainly what it sounds like from the WarCom article:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/09/30/celebrate-warhammer-day-with-a-monster-warhammer-40000-online-preview/

"Festivities kick off on Saturday the 8th of October with a special live Warhammer preview dedicated to all things Warhammer 40,000 and Kill Team."

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

On the topic of rumours/speculation, does anyone have any thoughts on what we might see in the balance warscroll whenever it comes? Seems like there's a few cases where point increases (Beasts of Chaos, Incarnate) or decreases (Kruelboyz) could have a fairly significant impact independent of any actual changes to rules.

Just now, ArcLight said:

On the topic of rumours/speculation, does anyone have any thoughts on what we might see in the balance warscroll whenever it comes? Seems like there's a few cases where point increases (Beasts of Chaos, Incarnate) or decreases (Kruelboyz) could have a fairly significant impact independent of any actual changes to rules.

The article says "Very soon" which usually means "next week" in GW language.

I'm expecting rules changes more than points changes for a Battlescroll though (fingers crossed)

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, KarrWolves said:

The article says "Very soon" which usually means "next week" in GW language.

I'm expecting rules changes more than points changes for a Battlescroll though (fingers crossed)

Certainly hoping for some impactful rules changes! Anything in particular you're hoping or expecting to see?

56 minutes ago, ArcLight said:

No doubt there will be a herdstone nerf for beasts, perhaps a wholly within bubble rather than a global effect. They also mentioned 'one or two warscrolls' being bent, which is worrying really because nothing really jumps to mind.

18 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

No doubt there will be a herdstone nerf for beasts, perhaps a wholly within bubble rather than a global effect. They also mentioned 'one or two warscrolls' being bent, which is worrying really because nothing really jumps to mind.

I'd rather see points changes. Dogors could go up I think. Maybe even Shaggoths even though they're not that great.

Rules changes would be completely unwarranted. (Except the herdstone that probably could go back to a an aura though with debuffs I'd expect "within" rather than "wholly within") most of the warscrolls are quite frankly bad.  Quite bad really. Bullgors deal damage but that's it and are better taken in other armies than beasts (or at least khorne). If anything I would say the new enlightened on disks that just got changed with tzeentch might need looked at but that's less of a beasts problems.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

They used the word 'efficient' so could be more a case of points increases on certain units rather than direct nerfs, e.g. Dragon Ogors, Cockatrices maybe? Alongside a tweak to the herdstone itself.

@Mattrulesok can see your point of view but we just try and keep topics on topic. It’s a forum so structured to work that way rather than a WhatsApp or discord type group. Ideally if it’s something you are passionate about, just start a new topic. 😉

1 hour ago, ArcLight said:

I’m expecting point tweaks as there’s three or four books out by end of year (depending on Realmlords) with Slaves probably next year. That’s a lot of change already.

• Like 4

On 9/29/2022 at 7:37 PM, Skoll said:

Don't know if anybody remembers it as it's a game that died 20 years ago. But the wolfen of Yllia from confrontation were basically the ideal of a destruction aligned army.

They were a force of nature not a cohesive force with a specific goal. They were a people who lived in "harmony" with the land and were fiercely territorial . Despising other factions encroaching on their territory , and eschewing the trappings or civilization . The only exceptions they made was they traded for weapons with the dwarves of that universe .

Something similar as a new destruction faction would honestly be ideal . Without the need to be gorkamorka aligned and perpetually having to go on "notawaaghweswear"

Indeed, it looks like there are definitely a few parallels between confrontation andAoS. KO looks a lot like the dwarves of tyr na bor. Krulboyz like the orcs of bran o kor. Likewise conquest’s spires looks a lot like Dirz…

confrontation had a phenomenal miniature line.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sonnenspeer said:

Still waiting for the Idoneth Crab Riders

What’s funny is there’s already two other crab rider races in lore. Excelsis Scourge Privateers patrol the ports on giant bioluminescent crabs and there’s crabspider grots in the Ghyran oceans that live alongside Oceanclan orruks that grow & live down in the seafloors and go berserk from the sea pressure.

Though our Lord and Savior Duinclaw is magnificent it’d be nice to get the various giant crustaceans littered about the setting.(would be fun to kitbash some Kruleboyz lobsters that are water-spitting ballista to reference Elden Rings sniper lobsters)

But more than anything else, Deepkin need their battle whales. 🐳 

j99tevdk7wc81.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a
image.jpeg.4939ed0dc6fa3e7c15c6d0d52fee6265.jpeg

A pod of these charging a force of Kraken-Eater Mega-Gargants would refine the meaning of epic. 🤩

Also quick question, how do you put paragraphs in spoilers? I’d like to archive the Forbidden Power tales & Broken Realms fictions here like the Malign Portents pin in case the Warhammer Community does any alterations with how old it’s getting.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 13
  • LOVE IT! 6

1 hour ago, Baron Klatz said:

What’s funny is there’s already two other crab rider races in lore. Excelsis Scourge Privateers patrol the ports on giant bioluminescent crabs and there’s crabspider grots in the Ghyran oceans that live alongside Oceanclan orruks that grow & live down in the seafloors and go berserk from the sea pressure.

Though our Lord and Savior Duinclaw is magnificent it’d be nice to get the various giant crustaceans littered about the setting.(would be fun to kitbash some Kruleboyz lobsters that are water-spitting ballista to reference Elden Rings sniper lobsters)

But more than anything else, Deepkin need their battle whales. 🐳 

j99tevdk7wc81.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a
image.jpeg.4939ed0dc6fa3e7c15c6d0d52fee6265.jpeg

A pod of these charging a force of Kraken-Eater Mega-Gargants would refine the meaning of epic. 🤩

Also quick question, how do you put paragraphs in spoilers? I’d like to archive the Forbidden Power tales & Broken Realms fictions here like the Malign Portents pin in case the Warhammer Community does any alterations with how old it’s getting.

WE NEED BATTLE WHALES!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I have managed to get one. Completely forgot about the Nightwars realease and my girlfriend managed to snag me one whilst I was monaing about it being sold out at 10:58 GMT.

I think it will be available again but not during the ore order window as it's been mov ed on the website already! 

I was really hoping they were going to nail this release to finally put an end to the negativity around it as it seems a fantastic expansion in terms of content.

Edited by CDM
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Anybody else starting to believe that Seasons of War may be an annual release?

Also when are we most likely to see Novembers Warcry box!? Seeing as its now October.

To be fair it's still the first day of Oct and a weekend. 

My guess is either this Monday or next well see something. 

The latest GHB was released in July? So January would be the 6 month mark and the logical time to release the next seasons of war. 

36 minutes ago, Boingrot Bouncer said:

Should we not get the LRL-tome first? 

Not much of either has been mentioned recently on WarCom. I think think the most recent tome related article was Sons. And that one said to look out for more on WarCom in the lead up to the release.

So I have no idea what's coming today, but I'd be very surprised if it's any of the AoS tomes.

(But then I'm often wrong and surprised)

13 hours ago, Ogregut said:

To be fair it's still the first day of Oct and a weekend. 

My guess is either this Monday or next well see something. 

The latest GHB was released in July? So January would be the 6 month mark and the logical time to release the next seasons of war. 

Oh I know mate Im just impatient even after the Beast Smasher and Underworlds Warbands I just want more!! 

Hoping we see a mini on Monday.

4 hours ago, EntMan said:

Not much of either has been mentioned recently on WarCom. I think think the most recent tome related article was Sons. And that one said to look out for more on WarCom in the lead up to the release.

So I have no idea what's coming today, but I'd be very surprised if it's any of the AoS tomes.

(But then I'm often wrong and surprised)

Not really sure what to expect for the Pre-order announcement today, honestly.

LRL Tome-Might still be in Limbo

SoB/Mawtribes-Maybe, but they haven't been pushing them much this week

New Underworlds set: Almost more likely than any of the battletomes at this point, but still sudden

Votann wave 1: Maybe, two weeks after the box is close, but maybe

Nothing else I can think of, since we're coming off a big sidegames/random stuff preorder week as it is.

• Like 1