The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Enoby said:

I 100% agree with you and your logic is sound, but at the same time I do remember the army-specific forums being busier even when we were in the "GHB Allegiance ability" era, where there was less choice. I could very well be mistaken, but I used to go on the Chaos forum part a lot and there was loads of discussion even when a faction didn't have a book recently, but that seems to have dried up. Even Maggotkin, last time I checked, have minimal discussion. I think the only Chaos faction thread I've seen gets tonnes of discussion in the past two years is Slaanesh, and that's because it has a dedicated following and it was a very poor book. 

I reckon a lot of this is likely just the excitement of things being new - despite the fact that the GHB allegiance abilities were very narrow, they were novel so ended up being exciting. Now allegiance abilities are a given so they don't drive that same excitement, and as you said, the books aren't usually complex enough to spark debate on what's good. 

I think AoS may be in a bit of a tricky middle ground when it comes to complexity. It's definitely more complex than before, which probably turns the most casual crowd off. But it's nowhere near as complex as 40k with different weapon options and a much more piecemeal design to lists. It's not that one's better than the other, but by the sound of what others have said, currently AoS is too complex to be the beer and pretzels game it used to be. On the other hand, some people I play with have argued it's too simple and that they end up taking the same stuff as it's objectively better (not that complexity will always fix this, but I think what they're saying is that there isn't enough customisation to make the 'worse' choice interesting). 

The forum lost a lot of people during Covid-19 at least due to my observation but I have also notice a lack of YouTube battle reports and forum discussion in general as well. 

tournament play may only be up because post Covid environment behavior and people want to spent more time having fun but I hold reservation that going to be an upward trend given that the outlook of the future seems inauspicious at the moment.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Stunning artwork love it!!

It looks great your Swoleness, they managed to capture your good side. 

I know I'm a bit late to the speculation party for Underworlds, but maybe we might get a new faction teaser instead of a range update? We know that GW uses Underworlds and Warcry as testing grounds for new ideas for each faction, Aztec Khorne, Zarbag's Gitz, the new Witch. Hunter's, etc. Maybe, just maybe........ we get a new ancient Egyptian/mesopotamian themed faction/warband(s) this time around..... 

• LOVE IT! 1

18 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

New Underworlds season! The Death models look amazing.

Grave Guard vs Darkoath.

8P1DsbRKFtlvt7lu.jpg

5VWd3O3oLkRdl3sY.jpg

unknown.png

unknown.png

Possible tease of a new Freeguild warband already? 

HGBxjJOwAxYqhbVz.jpg

I WAS NOT EXPECTING THIS AT ALL!! I WAS EXPECTING REPACKAGED MINIS!!

Those are all epic models and that art tease for a COS Warband!! 

I LOVE THAT WE ARE STAYING IN GHUR!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, silverstu said:

Those graveguard models are very nice! Wonder if we will get hints of the other war bands coming.

The artwork shows some cities of Sigmar characters complete with large feathers. That seems to be a pretty safe bet as to what's on the way. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I WAS NOT EXPECTING THIS AT ALL!! I WAS EXPECTING REPACKAGED MINIS!!

Those are all epic models and that art tease for a COS Warband!! 

I LOVE THAT WE ARE STAYING IN GHUR!!

Not only in Ghur, but specifically in the Gnarlwood now - same place as Warcry is currently set. Perhaps some potential cross over narratively / overlap in warbands?

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1