The Rumour Thread

I assuming 40K is bigger and more people might be able to find leaks on stuff.

or sometime the 40K leaker do know something about AoS but don’t bother saying anything. Like I remember Valrek and Kirioth actually knew about some AoS release prior from being reveal but one didn’t bother and the other said it but went under the radar.

• Sad 1

I'm so glad they didn't just do Brodd when taking the time to do an upgrade on the mega gargant kit.
Now I'm hopeful we might see a shaman/shooting variant.

Seems like they understand Gargants are the timmy army now too. One 5d6 damage hit isn't that much better than 3 5 damage hits, but its fun to roll the dice and go for that big hit.

I do like this version of the mega-gargant but it does feel a little underwhelming.

He's called a Beast-smasha but that doesn't really come through from his model. 

If he had some big trophy or something it would sell it more for me, but really nothing screams that this is the anti-monster guy. That he is holding / eating a couple of normal humans kinda says the opposite to me...

Still, at least that weapon profile is suitably smashy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, mojojojo101 said:

I do like this version of the mega-gargant but it does feel a little underwhelming.

If he had some big trophy or something it would sell it more for me, but really nothing screams that this is the anti-monster guy. That he is holding / eating a couple of normal humans kinda says the opposite to me...

This is exactly what i thought... If its the beast smasha it needs heads and pelts of big game.

At this point its more of a Villager binger than anything else

Everthing about it is very uninspired compared to the original 3.

That said, it is nice to have a new profile :D and that 5d6 is the most swingy thing ever

Edited by Ivo
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I am beyond shocked to open TGA and see this!! This is incredible!! Even if it is only a new weapon and head this creates so much more versatility to hobbyists!! Absolutely amazed!!

My only wonder is, will this make the Kit a lot more expensive?

29 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

@KingBrodd’s army continues to grow in both model range and power creep…… CONGRATULATIONS YOUR SWOLENESS!!! This gives me hope that we will get a truly impressive year of AOS models in the late 2022-2023 quarters.

THANK YOU MY LOYAL SON!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

2 hours ago, Gothmaug said:

A pair of butterfly like wings or;

A feathered Mohawk or;

The frilled ear of a giant salamander ala some other seraphon monster

A fin from a new Iondeath deepkin fish beastie. 

The feathered front hand from some sort of raptor/archaeopteryx type dinosaur

A lady's ornamental feathered fan, or one made of steel blades for assassination. 

RumourEngine290 Sep20 Content

Lady Malys finally!

Edited by CDM

8 minutes ago, mojojojo101 said:

He looks generic because he's the most cobbled together from reused parts out of all of them. He shares one arm and his loincloth bit with the Gatecrasher and his backpiece with the Warstomper, only the club and head are new from what I can tell.

• Like 3

I'm going to go out on a limb here, those "feathers" have a dot on them near the tip, that looks raised as opposed to painted. Almost like a bolt or rivet. I could see this as having a metallic vibe. Could we be looking at some sort of sail or rudder? Is it some weird sail from the ash wastes for necromunda? Is it the rudder on a Skygrot airship? Are the Iondeath Deepkin about to get elite sailboarding shock troops? Or are we looking at the cybernetic implant mohawk (ala Yondu from guardians of the galaxy) in a brand new 40K Seraphon Army?? 

Crazy ideas, I know, but this rumor engine is intriguing to me. 

• Like 3

I think it fine because at least Sons get two new warscroll to play around with even if the model kit are reusing bits, it maybe minimum effort but it help them out more then other armies because of their already small range. At least a new megagargant gives you a potentially new tribe to play with

some armies don’t even get that much every edition

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I am beyond shocked to open TGA and see this!! This is incredible!! Even if it is only a new weapon and head this creates so much more versatility to hobbyists!! Absolutely amazed!!

My only wonder is, will this make the Kit a lot more expensive?

THANK YOU MY LOYAL SON!!

If they're including in a few more bots a bobs in the Brodd kit that pretty cool. Though at some point I think it would have been better to just make a new body sculpt for King Brodd, and include 2 alternate non-unique builds as well. That way you don't end up with 6 mega-gargants on the table, all with the same awkward leg pose like a giant sized choreographed Thriller dance 😁

Thriller Dance Background and History | Bella Ballroom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, novakai said:

I think it fine because at least Sons get two new warscroll to play around with even if the model kit are reusing bits, it maybe minimum effort but it help them out more then other armies because of their already small range. At least a new megagargant gives you a potentially new tribe to play with

some armies don’t even get that much every edition

It is a 50% increase of Warscrolls between both books.

31 minutes ago, madmac said:

He looks generic because he's the most cobbled together from reused parts out of all of them. He shares one arm and his loincloth bit with the Gatecrasher and his backpiece with the Warstomper, only the club and head are new from what I can tell.

24 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here, those "feathers" have a dot on them near the tip, that looks raised as opposed to painted. Almost like a bolt or rivet. I could see this as having a metallic vibe. Could we be looking at some sort of sail or rudder? Is it some weird sail from the ash wastes for necromunda? Is it the rudder on a Skygrot airship? Are the Iondeath Deepkin about to get elite sailboarding shock troops? Or are we looking at the cybernetic implant mohawk (ala Yondu from guardians of the galaxy) in a brand new 40K Seraphon Army?? 

Crazy ideas, I know, but this rumor engine is intriguing to me. 

Oooooh an Ash Wastes sail is a fantastic guess!!

21 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

If they're including in a few more bots a bobs in the Brodd kit that pretty cool. Though at some point I think it would have been better to just make a new body sculpt for King Brodd, and include 2 alternate non-unique builds as well. That way you don't end up with 6 mega-gargants on the table, all with the same awkward leg pose like a giant sized choreographed Thriller dance 😁

Thriller Dance Background and History | Bella Ballroom

Haha mate I agree its my only gripe about Brodd and Beast Smasha is the same legs and chest.

9 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Love this new head and weapon!!! Still hopeful for mancruchers!

This has me so much more hyped!! Its certainly a possibility after this!!

• LOVE IT! 1

@Pariah7echo @Public Universal Duardin

Well this is might be bigger news than even the Mega-Gargant.

(The Blackened Earth supplement pdf just came out)

That’s a bloody aelf!

unknown.png

“> You have a wry smile and expression, and like to see the best of the city and its people, despite your social position. You keep the points of your ears hidden away beneath your hair, as you know from experience that your Aelven ancestry colours some people’s opinion of you, and as a Greycap corporal, you know that first impressions matter.”

Also small retcon on the Council of the Forge which used to be an only-Duardin Disposessed city is now a joint human/duardin ruled city. So it does seem they’re upping the race mixes in the Cities of Sigmar.(thank the God-king)

Also Greywater not only has train stations to get around the massive city it’s so large but they have giant Steam Tank rail guns so large you can battle on the cannon barrels.

unknown.png

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 11

30 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

@Pariah7echo @Public Universal Duardin

Well this is might be bigger news than even the Mega-Gargant.

(The Blackened Earth supplement pdf just came out)

That’s a bloody aelf!

unknown.png

“> You have a wry smile and expression, and like to see the best of the city and its people, despite your social position. You keep the points of your ears hidden away beneath your hair, as you know from experience that your Aelven ancestry colours some people’s opinion of you, and as a Greycap corporal, you know that first impressions matter.”

Also small retcon on the Council of the Forge which used to be an only-Duardin Disposessed city is now a joint human/duardin ruled city. So it does seem they’re upping the race mixes in the Cities of Sigmar.(thank the God-king)

Also Greywater not only has train stations to get around the massive city it’s so large but they have giant Steam Tank rail guns so large you can battle on the cannon barrels.

unknown.png

BY LONG LOST NEHEKHARA THAT'S AN AELF?!?!?!?!?!?! 

@Baron Klatz I'm going to need you to send me a copy of this pdf ASAP so that I can read this near-heretical text for myself. The implications are huge for both Cities of Sigmar and Chaos alike! 

• Haha 1