The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Sahrial said:

Big art or big rules on these full pages 

ugh

excited but also anxiousD43DBA34-FB48-4639-A7C3-3DD93ACC99BD.jpeg.a3020f89d8144d5c823a676c42968cfc.jpeg0BE532AE-4303-4D89-BE82-0A1AD8239206.jpeg.d23245302e16afb507d2ae4647aad0f4.jpeg

Not surprising that the monsters all have their own pages, the allegiance abilities being 2 is a bit interesting. Maybe you get a different set depending on whether your general is a gutbuster or beastclaw, would be a neat direction to take it since they could play up the everwinter a bit more.

• Like 2

Interesting note that might domino into something tasty for Ogors.

the Table of Contents has the Bloodpelt Hunter in the Gutbuster section. This makes no sense.

Everything about him from his model to his articles is associated with the Everwinter and Beastclaw Raiders.

But what else is he associated with that could justify it? He’s a mercenary that hires his services out and like Blackpowder and the Man-Eater units that means no Gutbuster nor BCR keywords despite being apart of those tribes.(like Blackpowder is a Gutbuster but the Man-Eater keyword overtakes/eats it so he’s freelance)

So how can a Beastclaw Hunter that’s gallivanting wherever he pleases despite a blizzard chasing him(while making a great snow base) be a good thing?

Because besides a herald for the Everwinter he might be a Warcry herald for the Bloodhunt Warcry expansion and the promise of more Man-Eater Ogors looking for Bloodpelts to follow him. 🤩

• LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

If gw imports half of the designs from TOW for LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!! And the Vampire Coast (to say nothing of their chaos stuff), I’d be a happy camper.  CA really went all out with certain factions and it shows.

Many Vampire coast units were directly inspired by the artwork of whfb though....(not the heroes though,Harkon was different).
Imho i think they should not use only the TTW designs and using more the old artwork or at least blending the "old with the new".

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Many Vampire coast units were directly inspired by the artwork of whfb though....(not the heroes though,Harkon was different).
Imho i think they should not use only the TTW designs and using more the old artwork or at least blending the "old with the new".

“Blending the old with the new” should be TOW’s slogan: AOS style redesigns with the best of Fantasy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sahrial said:

I’ve wanted rhinox so bad for [since I started playing Ogors not quite a year ago]

Fingers crossed for it being a hint for the future. 🤞

A rhinox nomad merc-leader would be a great middle-sized leader for Warcry like the Centaurian Marshall and could tie-in to the Bloodpelt as fellow Beastclaw Man-eaters.

(that could be the new Man-Eater theme, instead of various cultures it’s primal winter hunters from across the Realm of Beasts)

3 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

image.png.4c733bc5f26d5956ed15d8ddc6872204.png

A Rhinox rider... it hurts Mr. GW, it hurts so much

I think that just a mournfang rider, there a tusk option that has the same protrusion angle as the one in the picture

There also like no horns on the model head part too

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, novakai said:

I think that just a mournfang rider, there a tusk option that has the same protrusion angle as the one in the picture

As a thunderbellies player that is definitely not a mournfang, and definitely a rhinox. The horns are coming from the nose, not tusks out of the mouth.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Yeah that's definitely a rhinox, though the rider is very much a simple representation of the mournfang rider minis and in size it's closer to that semi-popular conversion from the mournfang kit (as below) than the hulking beasts that were the brilliant old FW minis.

Phil Kelly on Twitter: "All my Ogor Mournfang riders get three  modifications: 1) extra metal plates/stowage 2) a lowered saddle 3) a rhinox  head for the hairy beastie. Luckily you get bitz

It's a shame that it won't get any miniature representation though. Interesting how variable GW is nowadays over representation of minis vs non-minis in art. It's definitely for the better but it does lead to sad visions of what might have been...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, novakai said:

Thats definitely a Rhinox.

5 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

💀👺🧛‍♀️🌙🏆🦎🚢💃🐐⚒️

What is thus cryptic clue!? Warcry Warbands?

9 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

💀👺🧛‍♀️🌙🏆🦎🚢💃🐐⚒️

*gets out dart board*

undead demons
moon vampires
king lizards
dance boats
mining goats

OBR or Necro band
daemons band
vampire band
Gitz band
COS? Stormcast? band
Seraphon band
K.O band
Wardancer band
BOC band
duardin band

10 with two more Chaos bands

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

What is thus cryptic clue!? Warcry Warbands?

An order for the remaining battletomes perhaps? So OBR, Khorne, soulblight, gitz, ?? (Trophy), seraphon, Ko, Slaanesh, beasts, ?? (Crossed tools- would love that to be new duardin)

Edit: although that would leave flesh eaters out and I don’t know if they fit any of the symbols

Edited by Azamar

If I recalled last time Hollow was wrong about Gitz, where in reality it was Ogors as the 4th tome shrug

14 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Thats definitely a Rhinox.

you guys sure your not looking at what you want to see and not just caving in to the blurry-ness of the artwork? Why would it be Rhinox in the first place

Edited by novakai
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, novakai said:

If I recalled last time Hollow was wrong about Gitz, where in reality it was Ogors as the 4th tome shrug

you guys sure your not looking at what you want to see and not just caving in to the blurry-ness of the artwork? Why would it be Rhinox in the first place

Yes, that’s definitely a rhinox. We don’t expect to get a mini, but that has the profile, the horns, and there’s lore for rhinox. It’s a cool art piece and probably not portent for the future, sadly, but still definitely a rhinox

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Azamar said:

An order for the remaining battletomes perhaps? So OBR, Khorne, soulblight, gitz, ?? (Trophy), seraphon, Ko, Slaanesh, beasts, ?? (Crossed tools- would love that to be new duardin)

Edit: although that would leave flesh eaters out and I don’t know if they fit any of the symbols

I imagine the trophy is Flesh Eater Courts as a  champion symbol for their royal knights madness.

Crossed hammers could be new Duardin(and hopefully Gholemkin or Valaya’s Valikraz valkyries) but as this is likely educated guesses I imagine it’s pointing to Cities of Sigmar since they have a hammer icon on their Mallus coins.

Will believe it when i see it but the rest should line up.

2 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

I imagine the trophy is Flesh Eater Courts as a  champion symbol for their royal knights madness.

Crossed hammers could be new Duardin(and hopefully Gholemkin or Valaya’s Valikraz valkyries) but as this is likely educated guesses I imagine it’s pointing to Cities of Sigmar since they have a hammer icon on their Mallus coins.

Will believe it when i see it but the rest should line up.

Naa man, i think trophy is for Nurgle cause he is the best!