The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, Ruvich said:

Putting arbitrary rules on how art or fantasy should be pursued in order to not hurt anyones feelings is Setting boundaries no one needs nor asked for. Besides, I can assure you not every Orthodox Jew has a beak and the hats are not that big, either. We would fare better if we would think less often about how something might offend someone and just laugh it off. Being a little less fragile, so to say.

I'm not going to get drawn into a argument about this. 

I do agree that sometimes we can be overly sensitive and worry to much about offending people but there is also just ignoring what could be a problem. 

It's not being fragile its treating others with respect and common decency. 

Now let's back to talking about elves and magic. 

• Like 19

5 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

I'm not going to get drawn into a argument about this. 

It's not being fragile its treating others with respect and common decency. 

The best way to avoid this is not bringing something like this up in the first place - especially if you are not willing to put it up for discussion. 😉

the other part is being debatable, many people would put that strawman to the torch.

that being said, I prefer talking about potential butchers. Those elves had enough time in the sun. 💩

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

I know they've kind of gone off doing faction scenery - or, at least, we've not seen any in a while - but I'd love it if Chaos Dwarves got the huge brass bull forge that was in their capital city, Zharr Naggrund. I believe it was this city whose halls were littered by the statues of sorcerers who had petrified from their magic.

• LOVE IT! 3

2 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I know they've kind of gone off doing faction scenery - or, at least, we've not seen any in a while - but I'd love it if Chaos Dwarves got the huge brass bull forge that was in their capital city, Zharr Naggrund. I believe it was this city whose halls were littered by the statues of sorcerers who had petrified from their magic.

My dream would be to get Ziggurat terrain in general, although one could probably get by using 40K's imperial industrial terrain pieces, file off the emblems and claim it's now AoS Chorf industrialisation

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

I always find it a bit odd how we're all on edge about offending someone's feelings but then we roll dice to see if my guys murder, set on fire, eat, maime, electrocute, harvest souls, harvest bones and just generally hurt your guys. Heh. 

Tis a weird world. 

No offense intended just an observation. 

I'd rather have everyone on the same page having fun with the grimdark nastiness of Warhammer, than having someone feel like their culture or personhood was the butt of a joke or Always The Bad Guys while I'm having fun. It sucks feeling like something is wrong while everyone else seemingly ignores it.

1 hour ago, Ruvich said:

Putting arbitrary rules on how art or fantasy should be pursued in order to not hurt anyones feelings is Setting boundaries no one needs nor asked for. Besides, I can assure you not every Orthodox Jew has a beak and the hats are not that big, either. We would fare better if we would think less often about how something might offend someone and just laugh it off. Being a little less fragile, so to say.

Except people do ask for it, because GW (and others) have definitely had issues with models in the past... If you can laugh all of those issues off, then congrats! None of them truly affect you. Being courteous and respectful of each other is not only sportsmanlike in gaming, it is part of being a communal species. 

Empathy factors aside, getting away from stereotypes is also straight up better writing. It challenges you to stop using them as a crutch and actually delve into how individuals and cultures function. 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

They uhh messed up this last sentence but it sure sounds exciting!!

"And tune in next week, when we’ll have more news on the future of Warry, as well as info about Orginised Play in stores."

Sounds like GW may actually throw its weight behind Warcry for the new edition 😍

edit: the expansions image does make it sound like new warbands could be paired with terrain, instead of a bunch of dual boxes?

Edited by CommissarRotke
  • LOVE IT! 1

27 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I'm liking what they are doing with the warcry boxes,  as in 12 months time there will be enough terrain to have a battlefield in the realm of beasts and I would guess whatever realm warcry is set in next will have similar themed terrain. 

48 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

edit: the expansions image does make it sound like new warbands could be paired with terrain, instead of a bunch of dual boxes?

Like the next kill team arc in the space hulk, with different parts of the Gallowdark added in every new box, yes. 

Looking forward for more Seraphon ruins, or, better, a board to play inside the ruined Temple-Ship !!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Like the next kill team arc in the space hulk, with different parts of the Gallowdark added in every new box, yes. 

Looking forward for more Seraphon ruins, or, better, a board to play inside the ruined Temple-Ship !!!

They do have rules in the new book for going through doorways/hallways. I know that fits in with past expansions but I also hope it's a bit of future proofing for something like a templeship board. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

I'm liking what they are doing with the warcry boxes,  as in 12 months time there will be enough terrain to have a battlefield in the realm of beasts and I would guess whatever realm warcry is set in next will have similar themed terrain. 

Warcry is a fantastic vehicle through which to feed out thematic and/or realm specific terrain!

Hopefully they do like they did last edition and package the terrain separately for purchase. I never got into Warcry (though I confess tha addition of reactions has caught my attention), but I've picked up a bunch of the terrain for use in AoS proper. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

Warcry is a fantastic vehicle through which to feed out thematic and/or realm specific terrain!

Hopefully they do like they did last edition and package the terrain separately for purchase. I never got into Warcry (though I confess tha addition of reactions has caught my attention), but I've picked up a bunch of the terrain for use in AoS proper. 

That's my plan,  to have a full board of ghur terrain for my kruleboyz

• Like 5

Chaos dwarves could mantaint their bronze age-persian\assyrian style with just a few "adjustment"(while as already said imho they're not offensive) ,just embrace fully the historical aspect IF gw want to change something about them....but let's go on (personally i don't like much the older CD style of "short chaos warriors" as it lacked a proper identity comparing to the assyrian ones).

Considering the whole Bel'akor plot going on i could see GW announcing a campaign themed book to fully delve in this storyline,while i still hope GW will not leave destruction as side antagonist for the edition.
I'm betting that the warcry warband we'll know soon is the cities ones if they want to "boost" the underworld Inquisitor warband.

Hoping the Nova will give us many things to chit-chat about though....at least the coming battletomes after Lumineth vs Tzeentch.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Chaos dwarves could mantaint their bronze age-persian\assyrian style with just a few "adjustment"(while as already said imho they're not offensive) ,just embrace fully the historical aspect IF gw want to change something about them....but let's go on (personally i don't like much the older CD style of "short chaos warriors" as it lacked a proper identity comparing to the assyrian ones).

Considering the whole Bel'akor plot going on i could see GW announcing a campaign themed book to fully delve in this storyline,while i still hope GW will not leave destruction as side antagonist for the edition.
I'm betting that the warcry warband we'll know soon is the cities ones if they want to "boost" the underworld Inquisitor warband.

Hoping the Nova will give us many things to chit-chat about though....at least the coming battletomes after Lumineth vs Tzeentch.

For Nova I want confirmation of the Destruction Tomes and any and all minis associated with them.

The full Khorne Underworlds Warband reveal.

At LEAST 1 if not 2 Warcry Warbands.

And then hopefully we get a surprise such as a new Seasons of War.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

The leaks were true!

I expect the preorder next week. :)

Does that mean that the rumors are true to?

"Sylvaneth Battletome

The Wyldwoods will act like spell portals

GHB / Battlescroll
Dragon hero phase move goes away
Thunder lizards scaly skin also goes awayLivll
Living City Strike then Melt Away must finish the movement outside 9" of any enemy

Lumineth Battletome
Sentinels 24" reach, need LOS and lambent is changed though I dont know how
Wind Spirits no longer move in opponents phase
Stonemage can let the Stoneguard do MWs on 5s and 6s"