The Rumour Thread

16 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Oh, Black Templars was GenCon?

Does make me wonder if we might see the Votann army box, or at least the next few Battletomes.

I guess we'll see the leaked Khorne warband for Underworlds now the Witch Hunters have been revealed. Amazons still aren't out for BB so probably nothing on that front. The next Adeptus Titanicus splat book maybe since it's been a while.

Leagues Box.

Another Necromunda unit (Necromunda gets new minis every month I swear)

Something for Aeronautica.

Something for Titanicus.

Khorne Underworlds Warband.

New Warcry Warband.

Feel like these could be likely?

Id love to see the Tomes and with the timeframe we really should but I wouldnt be surprised if they hold them off until Nova.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Leagues Box.

Another Necromunda unit (Necromunda gets new minis every month I swear)

Something for Aeronautica.

Something for Titanicus.

Khorne Underworlds Warband.

New Warcry Warband.

Feel like these could be likely?

Id love to see the Tomes and with the timeframe we really should but I wouldnt be surprised if they hold them off until Nova.

My money is on the following

World Eaters and Cities of Sigmar teasers.

More vehicles for Necromunda (maybe a new gang/special character as well).

Leagues of Votann

Underworld warband reveal

Warcry warband reveal

Chaos Dwarfs

The Old World news (since we’re just guessing here).

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

My money is on the following

World Eaters and Cities of Sigmar teasers.

More vehicles for Necromunda (maybe a new gang/special character as well).

Leagues of Votann

Underworld warband reveal

Warcry warband reveal

Chaos Dwarfs

The Old World news (since we’re just guessing here).

I agree with everything except I dont think Chaos Duardin unfortunately. Id say that may happen next year at Adepticon with another tease or even release around Warhammerfest.

Size of the Ghurian meat trees compared on Reddit.

Dey big(must be the healthy diet of chaos tribes, Ghyran trees need to expand their menu)

8dw8crzq6qe91.jpg

6 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Is the bottom right a Magmadroth? Could Fyreslayers get some love?

With the smooth tail it’s probably a Ghurian sub-species. Like most drakes the Realms they grow up in also affect their biology(like a Draconith in Ghur will grow more bestial and breath a torrent of molten amber instead of flames compared to a enlightened Dracothion born in Azyr that breathes flames wreathed in crackling blue electricity)

Magmadroth examples in other realms:

Edit: oh, also 2+Tough has a video ready.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Size of the Ghurian meat trees compared on Reddit.

Dey big(must be the healthy diet of chaos tribes, Ghyran trees need to expand their menu)

8dw8crzq6qe91.jpg

With the smooth tail it’s probably a Ghurian sub-species. Like most drakes the Realms they grow up in also affect their biology(like a Draconith in Ghur will grow more bestial and breath a torrent of molten amber instead of flames compared to a enlightened Dracothion born in Azyr that breathes flames wreathed in crackling blue electricity)

Magmadroth examples in other realms:

Edit: oh, also 2+Tough has a video ready.

Nice Doug will deep dive into the lore side of things! 😁

Just got my 4th shot and it is a long weekend... Time to deep dive on some warcry.

Should probably use the time to base my Ogors... one day... one day!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Nice Doug will deep dive into the lore side of things! 😁

Just got my 4th shot and it is a long weekend... Time to deep dive on some warcry.

Should probably use the time to base my Ogors... one day... one day!

I’m imagining you meant 4th shot of alcohol and all I can think is you waking up on a Monday hangover to Ogors rebased on hexagons. xD 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Lich King said:

Any chance of Dawnbringer Crusades news before Winter ?

When announcing the cities of sigmar revamp, they said it would come out just before 4th edition (if I remember correctly). If the usual logic of GW is respected, this 4th edition will be released in July 2024 (the usual cycle of 3 years for each edition of AoS/40k).

So I would bet on a release around February/March 2024 for the dawnbringer crusades/cities of Sigmar (or whatever name they choose). All that to say that it seems to me, unfortunately, too early for GW to communicate on this army, even briefly ((I'm betting on the beginning of next year to start the hype train). But I hope I'm wrong!

Yeah, I suspect the Dawn Crusaders will end up like the Maggotkin release that proceeded Malign Portents and Sacrosanct vs NightHaunt starter for the next edition so too will the Crusaders be the intro into Aqshy season of war before we get the next big Starter box.

Would be fitting since their announcement trailer mentioned the Freeguild and “Storm God’s Crusaders” so to actually get Freeguild crusades would complete the cycle.

(also I never noticed that tiny regular snail trailing beneath Horticulous as him and his daemon snail rode on the ceiling. Adorable)

4 hours ago, Draznak said:

When announcing the cities of sigmar revamp, they said it would come out just before 4th edition (if I remember correctly). If the usual logic of GW is respected, this 4th edition will be released in July 2024 (the usual cycle of 3 years for each edition of AoS/40k).

So I would bet on a release around February/March 2024 for the dawnbringer crusades/cities of Sigmar (or whatever name they choose). All that to say that it seems to me, unfortunately, too early for GW to communicate on this army, even briefly ((I'm betting on the beginning of next year to start the hype train). But I hope I'm wrong!

This was the exact quote: “Organising the fractious Free Cities is no easy task, so the full release is still quite a way off – but we don’t intend to sit around and wait. Over the coming months, you can follow those who take up the Coin Malleus – a sacred, symbolic payment given to members of a Dawnbringer Crusade – and join us on Warhammer Community as we journey through the Warhammer Studio’s development of this jaw-dropping project.”

There is no mention of any kind of release window. They do specifically say that we won’t be waiting to see more. We’ve already ready been waiting two and a half months for news so it does feel like it’s high time they showed us something new. I think that whatever we see will be on the community site as we have seen for Leagues of Votann and not only part of a preview event. I’m still hoping for a battle sister bulletin style series of articles. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Chikout said:

This was the exact quote: “Organising the fractious Free Cities is no easy task, so the full release is still quite a way off – but we don’t intend to sit around and wait. Over the coming months, you can follow those who take up the Coin Malleus – a sacred, symbolic payment given to members of a Dawnbringer Crusade – and join us on Warhammer Community as we journey through the Warhammer Studio’s development of this jaw-dropping project.”

There is no mention of any kind of release window. They do specifically say that we won’t be waiting to see more. We’ve already ready been waiting two and a half months for news so it does feel like it’s high time they showed us something new. I think that whatever we see will be on the community site as we have seen for Leagues of Votann and not only part of a preview event. I’m still hoping for a battle sister bulletin style series of articles. 

I should have clarified that it was during the presentation stream that they talked about a release just before 4th edition. Indeed the article of Wh Community does not give any indication.

Regarding the battle sisters bulletins, the first was published 11 months before the release of the army. If the dawnbringer crusades come out in the spring of 2024 as I anticipate, we would have the first bulletin around April 2023, something like that.

• Confused 1

I wonder if alongside a Warcry Warband theyll show a monster? We had the Fomoroid Crusher and Mindstealer last Edition but with those pictures in the Book and it being Realm of the Beasts, Im hoping for a lot more beasties.

Fingers crossed for a Mancrusher update and new Troggoths.

3 hours ago, Draznak said:

I should have clarified that it was during the presentation stream that they talked about a release just before 4th edition. Indeed the article of Wh Community does not give any indication.

Regarding the battle sisters bulletins, the first was published 11 months before the release of the army. If the dawnbringer crusades come out in the spring of 2024 as I anticipate, we would have the first bulletin around April 2023, something like that.

I went back and watched the stream again. Eddie said "later on the edition" which could mean any time. My personal bet is that we will get at least a launch box next winter. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I wonder if alongside a Warcry Warband theyll show a monster? We had the Fomoroid Crusher and Mindstealer last Edition but with those pictures in the Book and it being Realm of the Beasts, Im hoping for a lot more beasties.

Fingers crossed for a Mancrusher update and new Troggoths.

For Warcry single releases we also got the Ogroid Myrmidon and the reboxing of the Chimera...

I think that this edition seems like it will be more richly supported though. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

I went back and watched the stream again. Eddie said "later on the edition" which could mean any time. My personal bet is that we will get at least a launch box next winter. 

It would seem a bit silly to release a new faction/major revamped faction with Tome just before a new edition comes along to outdate their new rules. But then this is GW.

Dawnbringer Crusades are probably closer than people realise.

They said WE were far off and showed off some CAD renders of axes to make it seem like the project was early days; then 3 weeks later Angron gets fully leaked and then properly announced. Truly got their balls exposed on that one.

• Like 4

Ok, i just want to get this off my chest and this seems to be the place for it. 

The new warcry terrain... whats up with all the redonkulouse oversized skulls? Take the piece with blow horn on top, for example, if that had been either A: More structurally built with bamboo or B: designed around the skeleton of a large beast I would have been much more interesting.  Alas instead we get these dopey, titan sized skulls. The anatomy of it doesnt even come off as real. If I do purchase this I may have to take a knife and dremel to it to make it look like carved stone instead. 

Id of much preferred more bamboo structures. 

Just my opinion but hope the future terrain isnt just more big dopey skulls. Im going to assume one will have the thondia dragon skeleton bits though. 

Nerd rant over. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bosskelot said:

Dawnbringer Crusades are probably closer than people realise.

They said WE were far off and showed off some CAD renders of axes to make it seem like the project was early days; then 3 weeks later Angron gets fully leaked and then properly announced. Truly got their balls exposed on that one.

This was my initial thought as well, but then again the Horus Heresy boxset leaked around this time last year and it only released last month. It seems they can have stuff finished and in the photography stages lloonngg before it ever hits the shelves. 

I still think it'll be the first half of 2023 though, just because most of the second half will be dominated by 40k 10th.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, EntMan said:

It would seem a bit silly to release a new faction/major revamped faction with Tome just before a new edition comes along to outdate their new rules. But then this is GW.

Dawnbringers could be written with 4.0 in mind though. Or we could get a Lumineth/DOK situation and get a second tome some time in 4.0.