The Rumour Thread

11 hours ago, Sahrial said:

Have Ogors steer into the Everwinter and/or some hungry god beast as their religion and further develop the mawpaths and their culture as sellswords.

So on board with this. The ever winter lore is a really cool concept and would love to them dive into this more with model redesign and rules. 

• Like 2

On 7/12/2022 at 5:28 PM, Ogregut said:

I want it to be part of the base from a redesigned Egrimm Van Horstrmann. 

Order have dragons, death has a dragon, destruction has a dragon, time to give chaos one! 

Archaon is riding a  ..... nevermind it's actually a horse that has eaten Demons .... not a dragon :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

"During the first year of the new edition, there will be a new box every three months, each including new scenery and a unique pair of warbands"

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/07/15/the-new-warcry-scenery-brings-the-brutal-gnarlwood-to-life-and-you-may-wish-it-hadnt/

So with the image from the other day with the faction symbols we may be able to guess the next 6 warbands. The only thing is that we seem to have more than 6 symbols. We had:

- Nurgle (probably the rootmire warband we alredy saw)
- Chaos (Probably the Hashut warband)
- Tzeetch
- Khorne
- Gitz
- Mawtribes
- Orruks
- Soulblight
- Spider (another gitz?)
- 2 skull symbols that don't see as easy to fit into a single faction

11 Symbols, so 3 of those will be left out I assume? Any guesses on which one are more likely?

39 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

So with the image from the other day with the faction symbols we may be able to guess the next 6 warbands. The only thing is that we seem to have more than 6 symbols. We had:

- Tzeetch
- Khorne
- Gitz
- Mawtribes
- Orruks
- Soulblight
- Spider (another gitz?)

11 Symbols, so 3 of those will be left out I assume? Any guesses on which one are more likely?

It could be 8 warbands (+2 from the starterset) dependent if they meant to release one of the dualbox directly and then three more or wait three months and then release three boxes with 3 month gap.

Edited by Boingrot Bouncer
Clarification

• Subscriber
42 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

- Tzeetch
- Khorne
- Gitz
- Mawtribes
- Orruks
- Soulblight
- Spider (another gitz?)

It could be that there are 8 unique warbands and the other icons could be warbands made up of repackaged AoS units?

44 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

- Tzeetch
- Khorne
- Gitz
- Mawtribes
- Orruks
- Soulblight
- Spider (another gitz?)

I think Gitz, Orruks and soulblight will be left out. (spiderfang is in though)

15 minutes ago, Boingrot Bouncer said:

It could be 8 warbands (+2 from the starterset) dependent if they meant to release one of the dualbox directly and then three more or wait three months and then release three boxes with 3 month gap.

Hmmm that is possible, didn't think about it on the first read. If this is the case it could fit perfectly if we consider the spider gitz as filling the gitz space for both symbols (or maybe the khorne one is the one that will be left out as it was just at the corner of the image). We will probably know once we the ox is out if there is any lore about the other warbands in it (like happened with the spire tyrants and the scions of the flame).

12 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

It could be that there are 8 unique warbands and the other icons could be warbands made up of repackaged AoS units?

Its not impossible, but in the article its pretty clear that the warband will be comming in those duel boxes. So far all warcry warbands were brandy new sculpts and unit for AoS, so I wouldn't expect repacking or even just updates of existing units with it.

41 minutes ago, Boingrot Bouncer said:

Kill-Team '21 was... Octarius, Chalnath, Nachmund, Moroch, with Into The Dark kicking off a new season whenever that launches. So we'll probably have six more warbands we've not seen, then this time next year we'll know what 'next season's first warbands are.

Presumably they'll have White Dwarf bespoke teams that replace the existing, non-<Cultist> ones from first edition but they won't get new models.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

14 hours ago, Sahrial said:

I’d like to see some deviation from Gorkamorka as well as what you’re saying.

Have Ogors steer into the Everwinter and/or some hungry god beast as their religion and further develop the mawpaths and their culture as sellswords.

Sons try to resurrect Behemat. They’re taking vengeance on the forces of Chaos and Order that killed him, and fighting death because they know Nagash won’t let him go. They’re convinced if they can raise a big enough stomp he’ll wake up.

i honestly don’t know about gitz. More Bad Moon? Troggoth religion cult?

I’d also not be opposed to a new faction so long as the existing ones get their needed updates, and it’s thematically distinct.  

reading the ghur wiki entry I could see some of the human cultures becoming a destruction army, or maybe the reptile people.

centaur-type horde with a steppes theme could be cool too. Maybe distant relatives of Kragnos’s species. Mobile archers and spear/shield wielders. One of the heroes has wings and a named/generic option.

Well if were wish listing existing destruction, I'm going to add in Siege weaponry for Ironjaws! Even better if its crewed by Gitmob gobbo's

And a goblin warg rider unit for Gloomspite, heck I wouldn't mind an entire mini-line that was based around the rippa's snarlfang aesthetic! Could even combine this with the centaur horde/Kragnos worshipping faction. And throw in some uncorrupted Ogroids or Formorians for flavor. 

Heck, I'd take a subterranean insectoid race ala Silent Ones. But please make them some ancient , decadent society with cool technology, and not just mindless "Sigmar Tyrannids". I'd just put thier society into stasis or hibernation for the last millennium, and the quakes that woke Kragnos, finally stirred them awake. Insectoid Tomb Kings perhaps? Bent on destroying all the new younger races populating Ghur??

Anyways just me rembling

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, SunStorm said:

The spider Icon for the Warcry book could be misleading. I don't see them releasing TWO gloomspite bands. Didn't they already fake us out with a spider Chaos warband in the Red Harvest Starter? This could be thier hometown or something similar.

Personally I'd rather hope this is a chance to release a newly sculpted Spider Rider unit, and that the stinkhorn symbol is Troggoth related. 

• LOVE IT! 1

30 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

Well if were wish listing existing destruction, I'm going to add in Siege weaponry for Ironjaws! Even better if its crewed by Gitmob gobbo's

And a goblin warg rider unit for Gloomspite, heck I wouldn't mind an entire mini-line that was based around the rippa's snarlfang aesthetic! Could even combine this with the centaur horde/Kragnos worshipping faction. And throw in some uncorrupted Ogroids or Formorians for flavor. 

Heck, I'd take a subterranean insectoid race ala Silent Ones. But please make them some ancient , decadent society with cool technology, and not just mindless "Sigmar Tyrannids". I'd just put thier society into stasis or hibernation for the last millennium, and the quakes that woke Kragnos, finally stirred them awake. Insectoid Tomb Kings perhaps? Bent on destroying all the new younger races populating Ghur??

Anyways just me rembling

Oh god, wait, wait I got it

destruction dwarves

duardestro

😂😂😂

22 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

Oh god, wait, wait I got it

destruction dwarves

duardestro

😂😂😂

Honestly? Ill take it! Ironbound dwarves with cool weaponry would be a welcome aesthetic change to the line. Heck I've got 20 of the original metal chaos dwarves, I use them as marauders in my Slaves to Darkness army just to give the models some time to shine. But I think if GW released another dwarven faction that wasn't Chaos Dwarves, the collective dwarven fanbase would probably lose their minds.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gothmaug said:

The spider Icon for the Warcry book could be misleading. I don't see them releasing TWO gloomspite bands. Didn't they already fake us out with a spider Chaos warband in the Red Harvest Starter? This could be thier hometown or something similar.

Personally I'd rather hope this is a chance to release a newly sculpted Spider Rider unit, and that the stinkhorn symbol is Troggoth related. 

This is my dream scenario. Updated Spider Riders and a Troggoth Warband. Literally the perfect Warbands for Gitz!!

A unit of 5 Forest Troggoths, Rockgut sized, wielding fallen oaks and Gnarlroot Clubs, covered in foliage with capes of deadfall!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gothmaug said:

why don't we ever get destruction humans? Order's got them, Chaos has them, heck even deaths got them (albeit mostly as corpses). There's got to be a ghur themed human culture that could join Destruction. 

Keep your puny humies out my destro!!😝

To each their own and i can respect that this is a split opinion but I like my grand alliance just the way it is, nice and monstrous. It sets it apart. Wouldnt they just be darkoath but with a destro sticker? No thanks. 

Bonesplittaz would be an easy rules suit for a human proxy destro army if anyone cared to do it. Hell, even kruleboyz would work. 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

Keep your puny humies out my destro!!😝

To each their own and i can respect that this is a split opinion but I like my grand alliance just the way it is, nice and monstrous. It sets it apart. Wouldnt they just be darkoath but with a destro sticker? No thanks. 

Bonesplittaz would be an easy rules suit for a human proxy destro army if anyone cared to it. Hell, even kruleboyz would work. 

I really like @KingBrodd's idea of skin changers or were-people as a destruction faction representing human worshippers for Destruction. That way you have humans and do not need to worry about boring regular human models.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

29 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I really like @KingBrodd's idea of skin changers or were-people as a destruction faction representing human worshippers for Destruction. That way you have humans and do not need to worry about boring regular human models.

Thanks mate!! I think it would just be a fun way of combining monsters and man!! An army of Beornings and Were People!!

Werewolf_by_akreon_dergw7w-pre.jpg

96e369be04515247a7948a3e58ead223.jpg

Wereshark.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Skinchangers are an interesting idea. First glance I really like that.

P.S. Has anyone here recently felt the heavy absence of a good, old Orcs & Goblins army. You know, some night gobbos next to a unit of "simple" orcs, dunno 5 wolf riders and a bunch of other stuff. You know, the stuff that looked like a small raiding party. I *so* miss that.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, acr0ssth3p0nd said:

I still maintain that Sylvaneth should be Destruction instead of Order.

I always felt like Idoneth and Fyreslayers would have been good fits.

Fyreslayers in particular could represent a civilized take on destruction. Grimnir could have been the Athena to Gorkamorka's Aries.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1