The Rumour Thread

14 hours ago, Gothmaug said:

I hope its not because they don't exist....

I have a sneaking suspicion we won't get much of an update to goblins and ogres. Instead we will get a new army somehow tied to Kragnos, and those weird 3-fingered models we keep seeing in the rumor threads. 

I think with Destruction unless we get a new Faction we have been relegated ti single release minis for Ogors, Sons* and Gitz. Which is a damn shame for an Edition centred on Destruction and Era of the Beast because if we dont get updates now, when?

10 hours ago, Jetlife said:

I can’t remember but did Warcry produce any new non chaos models outside of the khanate shadow stalkers?? I know they have other army kits but isn’t it just old models mixed in?!! 

I know the setting was in chaos lands but with this new edition in ghur I was hoping they would just have all destruction warbands. The fact that it starts with similar chaos style warbands to the original version has me skeptical that we will actually see new stuff outside of chaos. 

I hope this isn’t true because the lore they have set for this “season” is very immersive. 

I truly hope that the Destruction Warbands are at least all brand new. I swear to Behemat if we get repackaged boxes and Chaos keeps getting new Warbands...

*Sons getting a single model is perfect for the Faction.

3 hours ago, Chikout said:

They could just do a bunch more chaos warbands, they could add upgrade sprues like kill team

If this actually happens, I wonder which factions would be good candidates for upgrade sprues.

I think Mortek archers could feasibly be an arm swap, although some of the poses would be awkward. Mortek Guard are all modelled in an advancing pose, so maybe as long as an archer upgrade doesn't try to have them actually firing their bows it could work? It kinda did for Tomb Kings. Although I have to say, I would much rather see an upgrade sprue for Stalkers/Immortis guard to turn them into big boy archers. I think that would be much more fun.

Soulblight Skeletons could potentially receive an archer upgrade sprue in the same way. However, I think it's more likely that we will see mortal thrills or something Vyrkos related for Warcry.

I don't think Cities of Sigmar will see an upgrade sprue. They already announced their intent to completely redo the humans of the realms after all. We have some rumour engines that hint at human pioneers, so I suspect that will be it for CoS Warcry.

What could Destruction related upgrade sprues look like? A Troggoth wizard? A make your own maneater kit on the basis of... Ironguts? I don't see anything that really makes sense for Spiderfang, and I sure hope Bonesplitters get new models rather than an upgrade.

Chaos might be the best target for upgrade sprues, since their stuff already looks good and is generally pretty new.

• Subscriber
59 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

If this actually happens, I wonder which factions would be good candidates for upgrade sprues.

I think Mortek archers could feasibly be an arm swap, although some of the poses would be awkward. Mortek Guard are all modelled in an advancing pose, so maybe as long as an archer upgrade doesn't try to have them actually firing their bows it could work? It kinda did for Tomb Kings. Although I have to say, I would much rather see an upgrade sprue for Stalkers/Immortis guard to turn them into big boy archers. I think that would be much more fun.

Soulblight Skeletons could potentially receive an archer upgrade sprue in the same way. However, I think it's more likely that we will see mortal thrills or something Vyrkos related for Warcry.

I don't think Cities of Sigmar will see an upgrade sprue. They already announced their intent to completely redo the humans of the realms after all. We have some rumour engines that hint at human pioneers, so I suspect that will be it for CoS Warcry.

What could Destruction related upgrade sprues look like? A Troggoth wizard? A make your own maneater kit on the basis of... Ironguts? I don't see anything that really makes sense for Spiderfang, and I sure hope Bonesplitters get new models rather than an upgrade.

Chaos might be the best target for upgrade sprues, since their stuff already looks good and is generally pretty new.

I'd love an upgrade sprue for the IJ brutes, with sheilds, helmets, (even bulkier) armour. Chances are slim to zero, but we have to wish right?

• Like 1

Just now, Chikout said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/07/14/heres-how-warcrys-gnarlwood-setting-fits-in-with-the-rest-of-ghur/

Yet another Warcry article. It doesn't say much but it has me convince that we are going to get a pre-order announcement on Sunday. I wonder if they think it's a big enough deal to get a two week pre-order. 

Blood Bowl and Kill-Team had one, so I could see it.

2 minutes ago, Chikout said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/07/14/heres-how-warcrys-gnarlwood-setting-fits-in-with-the-rest-of-ghur/

Yet another Warcry article. It doesn't say much but it has me convince that we are going to get a pre-order announcement on Sunday. I wonder if they think it's a big enough deal to get a two week pre-order. 

As much as I would love to see the new war cry box drop this weekend, odds are we're gonna be getting the Chaos Space Marine expansions this week (Possesed, Cultists, Chosen, Warpsmith, etc).

8 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

As much as I would love to see the new war cry box drop this weekend, odds are we're gonna be getting the Chaos Space Marine expansions this week (Possesed, Cultists, Chosen, Warpsmith, etc).

Yeah, I would have thought so too, but they've done a warcry article every day this week and nothing for Chaos. Nothing else from the preview is being promoted this much. The only reason to do it is to prepare for an imminent release. 

• Like 2

Just now, Chikout said:

Yeah, I would have thought so too, but they've done a warcry article every day this week and nothing for Chaos. Nothing else from the preview is being promoted this much. The only reason to do it is to prepare for an imminent release. 

Except they did a bunch of articles for Chaos back when the codex dropped, and then they suddenly announced the Citadel Paints reboot.

From fist-sized bloodwasps and six-legged hunting cats to giant reptilian monstrosities that can swallow a rhinox whole.

Taken from a post from Reddit this was in yesterdays article, maybe a hint at Monsters to come? Im expecting some awesomes Beasts from the Realm of Beasts!!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

55 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I think it's clear something has gone wrong behind the scenes when it comes to the CSM releases. GW have historically always tied new miniature release waves to their Codex/Army Book/Battletome. There's been rumblings that GW is having product issues again, which may be why nothing but the Codex and peripherals have released yet, as well as a lot of the plastic 30k kits they've had unveiled for months now still being missing. Pretty much every new 30k box that's not the big boxset are Temporarily Unavailable Online as soon as they go back in stock.

My guess is they'll want to get the CSM stuff out of the door ASAP and if that means a giant 'double booked' week they'll probably bite the bullet and do it just so the rest of the schedule doesn't go completely out of whack. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I think with Destruction unless we get a new Faction we have been relegated ti single release minis for Ogors, Sons* and Gitz. Which is a damn shame for an Edition centred on Destruction and Era of the Beast because if we dont get updates now, when?

I truly hope that the Destruction Warbands are at least all brand new. I swear to Behemat if we get repackaged boxes and Chaos keeps getting new Warbands...

With 2.0 being Death focused, we got night haunt, OBR and a Gravelords redo. If the whole edition is 3.0 I’ll assume we will get at least one new destruction army and a rebrand at some point. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

New Ghur Sabretusks?

That would be awesome!! A pack of 2 or 3 in the style of Hrothgorn witg better posing would go a long way.

15 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

With 2.0 being Death focused, we got night haunt, OBR and a Gravelords redo. If the whole edition is 3.0 I’ll assume we will get at least one new destruction army and a rebrand at some point. 

I would love this to happen. Though I could see GW saying 'Oh Orruk Warclans got Kruelboyz theres the update.' 

6 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I would love this to happen. Though I could see GW saying 'Oh Orruk Warclans got Kruelboyz theres the update.' 

I would expect Kruleboyz to fill the "new destruction army", but a update to a existing one is still possible. If the symbols in the map turn to be true we can expect at least a warband for Ironjawz (I assume that is the Ironjawz symbol rather than a generic orruk one), Gitz and Ogors, which basically mean a extra unit for each.

I doubt Orruks will get much more has they got a 3 edition book alredy. Gitz is one of the big armies of the game model/warscroll wise, so I doubt they will get much more than the warband + a hero if they get featured in a double box. Giants is kind hard to expand on if they want to keep the low model count monster army, so a upgrade sprue or a single kit would be the max I would expect. Mawtribes is the one that would need a update as it has some pretty dated kits, so I would say they are the most probable to get something big between the destruction factions.

Not sure how many people played it, but Age of Sigmar: Realm War will be closing down this September. Bit of a shame that one of the few AoS games is closing (sever issues apparently) - if anything, the animations were really nice. 

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Not sure how many people played it, but Age of Sigmar: Realm War will be closing down this September. Bit of a shame that one of the few AoS games is closing (sever issues apparently) - if anything, the animations were really nice. 

Age of Sigmar: Storm Ground last update was from december 2021. It seems taht both games follow the same route...

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

That would be awesome!! A pack of 2 or 3 in the style of Hrothgorn witg better posing would go a long way.

Perhaps. Night haunt was the launch death army of 2.0. Was an extension of previous ghosts similar to how Kruleboyz are for Orcs. 

So if we follow that pattern which GW does keep at times, Death got the other 2 armies. 

3.0 being about destruction would tend to lead us towards one brand new faction and another revamp. Following in the OBR and SBG format. 

The real question is what would the brand new destruction faction be? 

I for one will continue with this silent people talk!!! 

but I also feel like Kragnos needs his own army 

Edited by Jetlife
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Shame, it seems like that game might have done ok-ish in terms of profitability.

Frontier with their RTS and Nexon with their genshin impact style MMO will have to save the AoS video game scene.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jetlife said:

Perhaps. Night haunt was the launch death army of 2.0. Was an extension of previous ghosts similar to how Kruleboyz are for Orcs. 

So if we follow that pattern which GW does keep at times, Death got the other 2 armies. 

3.0 being about destruction would tend to lead us towards one brand new faction and another revamp. Following in the OBR and SBG format. 

The real question is what would the brand new destruction faction be? 

I for one will continue with this silent people talk!!! 

but I also feel like Kragnos needs his own army 

Id love for Ogors or Troggoths to be the expanded upon army, 'Soulblight' style.

In terms of new I too would love Silent People!! Locust Warriors!! Whats more destructive than a plague of Locusts to crops!?

• LOVE IT! 1

44 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Id love for Ogors or Troggoths to be the expanded upon army, 'Soulblight' style.

In terms of new I too would love Silent People!! Locust Warriors!! Whats more destructive than a plague of Locusts to crops!?

I also would love to see troggoths expanded on, though I think they should become an ally to all other destruction forces instead of thier own faction. As thier own faction, we'd end up with another large brute style faction simmilar to Ogors and Ironjawz. 

I want something totally new and different for destruction, something aesthetically differnt than  "big dumb things smash you" or "small dumb things stab you"

I want Sky Grots. With blackpowder guns. And Squig weaponry, and doom divers making a return. GW, please bring back the Gitmob in an all new glorious faction with their own airships. DOn't leave the dwarves with a monopoly on sky powered armies!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

I also would love to see troggoths expanded on, though I think they should become an ally to all other destruction forces instead of thier own faction. As thier own faction, we'd end up with another large brute style faction simmilar to Ogors and Ironjawz. 

I want something totally new and different for destruction, something aesthetically differnt than  "big dumb things smash you" or "small dumb things stab you"

I want Sky Grots. With blackpowder guns. And Squig weaponry, and doom divers making a return. GW, please bring back the Gitmob in an all new glorious faction with their own airships. DOn't leave the dwarves with a monopoly on sky powered armies!

Destruction doesn’t really have a beast faction…. I could see them taking trolls, and possibly roll them into a larger beast faction. Remade yehtis, gorgers, and whatever else they wanted to come up with.  Could be a really nice army to pair with Kragnos