The Rumour Thread

22 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

Remember how almost everybody, me included, believed that the Kroot leggins were either Drukhari, Slaanesh or Aelves of some kind  from the rumor engine? This Pillar might as well be Chaos Silent people for all we know.

Khemrian Kunrnothi confirmed!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Maybe a Hysh-based Tzeentch Warcry warband? I mean it's all but confirmed that we're getting God-Specific Cultists this time around.

We already got that though ;) Cypher Lords are from Hysh and in the White Dwarf article they were in clearly stated them to be Tzeentchians... (I mean, just take a look at them).

41 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

@Clan's Cynic A new Season of War campaign with actual stakes would be amazing. We the players haven't had an active hand in shaping the Narrative since Malign Portents, and I for one would enjoy leading either Death or Chaos to a couple of victories following Broken Realms.

Yes!! More player built narratives!! I want Destruction to at least achieve something this Edition!! So far we layed siege to Excelsis and thats it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captaniser said:

Remember how almost everybody, me included, believed that the Kroot leggins were either Drukhari, Slaanesh or Aelves of some kind  from the rumor engine? This Pillar might as well be Chaos Silent people for all we know.

they made sure to put that leg front and center too 😂 I immediately recognized it and cracked up, I'll give GW a little trolling as a treat

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

they made sure to put that leg front and center too 😂 I immediately recognized it and cracked up, I'll give GW a little trolling as a treat

Most trolling - I’d be takING this personal - they could do is bring out more Lumineth while getting Tzeentch fans‘ hopes up with the flame and „bird“ skull… might just be fire lumineth and the skull is maybe a dragon skull for said fire temple. But you know, then it would be settled, the only armies in AoS that need lots of new kits regularly are apparently Lumineth and SC… 😝

Edited by MitGas
spelling

4 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Most trolling - I’d be taken this personal - they could do is bring out more Lumineth while getting Tzeentch fans‘ hopes up with the flame and „bird“ skull… might just be fire lumineth and the skull is maybe a dragon skull for said fire temple. But you know, then it would be settled, the only armies in AoS that need lots of new kits regularly are apparently Lumineth and SC… 😝

I’m not gonna lie, I kinda want a Lumineth Phoenix Temple now….. It would make my Tzeentch Daemon Prince conversion a lot easier🙃.

40 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

I’m not gonna lie, I kinda want a Lumineth Phoenix Temple now….. It would make my Tzeentch Daemon Prince conversion a lot easier🙃.

The only Lumineth I want are casualties for my bases/scenery! 😈

Anyways, I hope huge waves at this point are finally reserved for armies that desperately need them. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, MitGas said:

The only Lumineth I want are casualties for my bases/scenery! 😈

Anyways, I hope huge waves at this point are finally reserved for armies that desperately need them. 

I agree, at this point AOS is big enough that certain armies are either falling behind or desperately need an influx of plastic We know that Cities of Sigmar and Slaves of Darkness are getting massive updates, but what about the Fyreslayers who don't really have a proper named character (Gotrek belongs to all the Dawi of Order, not just them) and the Kharadron whose last update was a new hero? We're seeing first get armies get updates now, Soulblight Gravelords, Orruk Warclans, and now Sylvaneth to name a few, but fan favorites like Ogors and Skaven are largely resin, metal, and badly dated sculpts! I want Chaos Dwarfs to make an appearance.... but at the same time I can honestly wait a couple years (until The Old World is finally released) if it means that everyone gets new models for their army of choice.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

I agree, at this point AOS is big enough that certain armies are either falling behind or desperately need an influx of plastic We know that Cities of Sigmar and Slaves of Darkness are getting massive updates, but what about the Fyreslayers who don't really have a proper named character (Gotrek belongs to all the Dawi of Order, not just them) and the Kharadron whose last update was a new hero? We're seeing first get armies get updates now, Soulblight Gravelords, Orruk Warclans, and now Sylvaneth to name a few, but fan favorites like Ogors and Skaven are largely resin, metal, and badly dated sculpts! I want Chaos Dwarfs to make an appearance.... but at the same time I can honestly wait a couple years (until The Old World is finally released) if it means that everyone gets new models for their army of choice.

Absolutely mate. Im all for Faction updates and will never besmirch a Faction getting a 2nd or 3rd Wave but some need one desperately.

Skaven.

Beasts of Chaos.

Seraphon.

Fyreslayers.

Kharadron Overlords.

Idoneth Deepkin.

Flesh Eater Courts.

Ossiarch Bonereapers.

Ogor Mawtribes.

All these Factions deserve sizeable updates.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The August White Dwarf doesn't have a Tome Celestial.  Since Ogors and Gitz are the only ones without one (other than LRL and Tzeentch) and there are two destruction tomes coming, I'm hoping that's evidence that Ogors and Gitz are the new books.

I love you, Sons players, but I think Gitz and Ogors need it more.  

• LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Yeah of course we all can wait.... and obviously we have to keep the realities behind producing them also in mind. I fully agree with you.... BUT at this point it feels strange that Skaven (Seraphon, Beastmen, Cities of Sigmar and a smattering of others) so far got pretty much nothing and they really need it since the day AoS got first introduced - I know they might get their time to shine in the Old World but frankly that feels way too late when other armies (even completely new ones) got a couple of waves at that point.

It might just reveal my age but I liked how back when i was a teenager, every month had unit releases for different armies instead of bigger waves.  It feels like right now the whole self-fulfilling prophecy mechanic is becoming more tangible than ever - of course almost nobody new right now buys into Skaven or Seraphon. Or a tiny new force like Fyreslayers that consists of a couple of kits. And obviously people will buy armies that got lots of new kits. But it's far from an ideal state. I'm really thankful for the new Curseling (I love the old one (love the new one too!) but only got him in Finecast and I hate Finecast with a passion, Khorne and Palpatine would be proud of such hatred) but it would be better if T and L got no new box and instead they tried to bring other forces closer to their selection... if not bring out something for the armies that got nothing so far.  These boxes with a single new model are very annoying, it would be cooler to make more stuff like the Start Collecting Salves to Darkness one. Imagine how Fyreslayers, Skaven, Seraphon, Ogors would eat those up! 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Absolutely mate. Im all for Faction updates and will never besmirch a Faction getting a 2nd or 3rd Wave but some need one desperately.

Skaven.

Beasts of Chaos.

Seraphon.

Fyreslayers.

Kharadron Overlords.

Idoneth Deepkin.

Flesh Eater Courts.

Ossiarch Bonereapers.

Ogor Mawtribes.

All these Factions deserve sizeable updates.

I feel like Seraphon doesn’t need a lot. Everything that  is played is plastic outside of Salamanders and Kroxigor… which is coming at some point. The rest of their sculpts look decent enough to continue with. 

Skaven, Beasts and Ogres need a decent over work in my opinion. 

Skaven has a lot of decent stuff, but at same time a lot of old metal or resin. I think they could get an honest legit update with only a handful kits and be good for foreseeable future. 

Beasts to me needs a complete overhaul. Similar to how they did Soulblight. New models everywhere. 

Ogres is a weird one. Their aesthetic is just overweight human. Nothing about their look screams man eating ogre. However I can’t see them doing a complete overhaul when a majority of their line is already in plastic. I assume they will just update some of the kits over time. 

Flesh eater just needs some beautifully sculpted heroes. Named ones at that. I know I heard a rumbling of a ushoran model. Two of the rumored pictures might be him sitting on a throne. 

The rest from a gameplay prospective have enough. The sad part is, it’s impossible to get that much variety on the table as far as units anyways and you will never get every model from a faction into most games. From a collectors viewpoint then bring on waves to collect!!! 

**Exception to the rule might be Fyreslayers. But I think that is more we just want to see some unit variance. Everything looks exactly that same. Tapping into some volcano creatures could help stir the straw in that drink again….

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I think ogres will see something "new" like kruleboyz are before they're line gets updated. I always thought it would be cool to see their basic infantry be a tad smaller than trogg size, a bit more monstrous and less fat human. 

Time will tell. 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • LOVE IT! 1

15 hours ago, Ogregut said:

I want it to be part of the base from a redesigned Egrimm Van Horstrmann. 

Order have dragons, death has a dragon, destruction has a dragon, time to give chaos one! 

The Khorne dragon enters the chat

5 hours ago, Ogregut said:

I'll like to see what they've done with some 40k kits and given updates to existing kits like the cadians and tau fire warriors. 

Do you mean fully update the kit like the Fire Warriors, or just an upgrade sprue like the Cadians? Because I’m much more on board with the former. 

2 hours ago, The World Tree said:

That's already been happening with Vampires and STD.

Which models are you talking about? Vampires and StD got brand new kits as far as I'm aware. 

40 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Do you mean fully update the kit like the Fire Warriors, or just an upgrade sprue like the Cadians? Because I’m much more on board with the former. 

Like the fire warriors ideally. 

Look at the ogre bull sprue, there is so much space on there which could be filled with cool extras 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jetlife said:

The rest from a gameplay prospective have enough.

Only if you accept the initial assumption that not all armies are created equal. Otherwise your statement might be hard to swallow for the factions that have 6-7 warscrolls (I'm not counting leaders), while others have twice the number.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ferban said:

The August White Dwarf doesn't have a Tome Celestial.  Since Ogors and Gitz are the only ones without one (other than LRL and Tzeentch) and there are two destruction tomes coming, I'm hoping that's evidence that Ogors and Gitz are the new books.

I love you, Sons players, but I think Gitz and Ogors need it more.  

Id love a new Tome and model but I agree that Gitz and Ogors definitely need it more right now!!

8 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

I think ogres will see something "new" like kruleboyz are before they're line gets updated. I always thought it would be cool to see they're basic infantry be a tad smaller than trogg size, a bit more monstrous and less fat human. 

Time will tell. 

Ive always maintained that Ogors need to be larger. Fyreslayers even with their crest are at shoulder height and basic humans are almost the same size.

Id love to see Firebellys turned into a full subfaction to get the 'Kruelboyz' experience!!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

What's weird is Fyreslayers received a special character in the form of Bael-Grimnir via White Dwarf. It was a Prince Vhordrai situation where they just handwaved away the existing Runefather On Magmadroth as him, but it's funny how he didn't make the cut into the new Battletome but Vhordrai did.

• Like 1