The Rumour Thread

9 hours ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Liking Angron as model but....Khorne is boring.
And another "big reveal" for 40k is just a letdown when they already clogged the hypetrain for Votann with HH\CSM\WE\Imperal guard...:P.
Only good news is that probably Blades will get Khorngors.
I'm a bit sad we're left in shallow waters for some time tbh...we don't even know what destruction tomes are arriving but 40k got spoiled nearly everything already.
GW imho is dropping the ball hard considering AOS,and the next year we'll get the tenth edition of 40k so probably another year of "space marines".

Also a thought i got today: Votann got Ironkin, and the name is similar to Gholemkind...what if, as Votann already borrows from KO,ironkins are a "foreshadow" for some Gholemkind in Aos?
I could see something like that.

I agree. Right now we know 40K has all these massive releases coming and Horus Heresy which I know isnt 40K but at the same time is? While absolutely nothing is confirmed for AOS and with 10th Edition next year it feels like AOS will have had 2 years of near silence. We just had our 3rd Edition* and so far all we really had were a few new Stormcast models, the Dragons and a new Sub faction with Kruelboyz. Its disheartening because 2 years isnt a small stretch of time.

Fingers crossed Im completely wrong and the next 18 months are chock-a-block with AOS!!

*Its already been a year.

2 hours ago, Bosskelot said:

There's nothing confirmed about 10th ed next year.

The recent "leak" about it was highly suspect and full of holes.

The tenth was expected before that dubious leak though.
IIRC even Valrak (who got everything acccurate so far) said something down the line about "the tenth approaching".

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson

AoS had a  weird 3.0 edition launch. Two armies and a big hole until Sylvaneth (appart from a few books and 2 heroes). That's really meh if we take in mind that's an entire year 3.0 releases

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Beliman said:

AoS had a  weird 3.0 edition launch. Two armies and a big hole until Sylvaneth (appart from a few books and 2 heroes). That's really meh if we take in mind that's an entire year 3.0 releases

Yeah Im really hoping that the start of 23' is just non-stop AOS because if we get to June of next year and 40K starts up itll feel like we were just forgotten, part of me is worried that STD is the last big release for 3.0 and all other Factions are getting single model treatment.

If that turns out to be true Ill be taking a break from AOS because Destruction, an entire Alliance, will have been treat poorly.

I truly hope Im wrong though!!

3 minutes ago, pixieproxy said:

I really think Covid ate a lot of Warcry and AoS scheduling, 40k, Kill Team and HH definitely took precedent it feels like

It is frustrating that AOS took the hit. It makes sense for GW financially but as fans its a pain in the Sotek that it feels like 40K-40K.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

The tenth was expected before that dubious leak though.
IIRC even Valrak (who got everything acccurate so far) said something down the line about "the tenth approaching".

In normal times I'd have expected 10th next year, sure.

But conservative estimates put 9th ed about nine months behind at this point so if GW really are going to try and push for a new edition despite all the delays then they must have either cut a huge amount out of the release schedule or they planned for 9th to last 2 years to begin with.

52 minutes ago, Bosskelot said:

In normal times I'd have expected 10th next year, sure.

But conservative estimates put 9th ed about nine months behind at this point so if GW really are going to try and push for a new edition despite all the delays then they must have either cut a huge amount out of the release schedule or they planned for 9th to last 2 years to begin with.

Next Summer will have been 3 years though still. I could see a delay into late 23' if needed.

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Next Summer will have been 3 years though still. I could see a delay into late 23' if needed.

That's what I mean; the normal cycle is 3 years. But the last 2 years have been anything but normal and everything they are releasing is massively behind.

They also really love their Summer releases for big new editions so I couldn't see a delay into the fall/winter if there is a commitment to 2023.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bosskelot said:

That's what I mean; the normal cycle is 3 years. But the last 2 years have been anything but normal and everything they are releasing is massively behind.

They also really love their Summer releases for big new editions so I couldn't see a delay into the fall/winter if there is a commitment to 2023.

Aaah I see mate, sorry I was confused.

17 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

I personally love the fact that his sword is an Executioner’s Blade, made exclusively to chop off heads.

Not gonna lie, I’m sad that we won’t get one of those awesome animated trailers for Angron like Magnus and Mortarion received. They were some of the best hype pieces known to modern Warhammer.

Morty and Magnus were also leaked, so there may still be one.

45 minutes ago, Bosskelot said:

The shareholders probably wouldn't allow them to deny what the graphs show to be their biggest period for cash injection.

Most likely they'd push anything they could back to allow 40k 10th to get ahead as planned.

• Sad 2

The argument I could see for widening the 3 year cycle (which I would like them to do for the record) is that they have many more secondary games that may justify big relase windows.

Even if they upped it to 4 year rotations, alternated AoS - Heresy / Warcry - 40k - Old World / Kill Team as the key big summer release I think that would work for everyone. Even moreso as 40k / AoS get more armys added, squeezing them all in that 3 year window is looking a tough ask.

• Like 2

I don't feel like it's been that slow for AoS, considering it's been more of a 40k year. 

We've gotten 6 new battletomes with 4 more on the way, a General's Handbook, and a fluff/narrative Thondia book. 

We've gotten 7 new heroes with at least 4 more on the way (and likely 6), 3 new kits (one that is a multi-unit kit), and the Incarnate and terrain. 

Maybe it's been slow if you're just into the hobby side of things, but for gameplay it's been great and constantly changing. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, dmorley21 said:

I don't feel like it's been that slow for AoS, considering it's been more of a 40k year. 

We've gotten 6 new battletomes with 4 more on the way, a General's Handbook, and a fluff/narrative Thondia book. 

We've gotten 7 new heroes with at least 4 more on the way (and likely 6), 3 new kits (one that is a multi-unit kit), and the Incarnate and terrain. 

Maybe it's been slow if you're just into the hobby side of things, but for gameplay it's been great and constantly changing. 

For the hobby side of things, it's really slow. Books are constantly in and out of rotation. That's a detriment rather than a boon for people like me. I don't want to spend €50 a year on incomplete rules.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dmorley21 said:

Unfortunately for us hobbyists and Lore enthusiasts its very slow. But things will pick up, they always do!!

• Thanks 1

As someone that likes both the hobby and game, I do feel like it is slow. but I think the pace is being dictated by outside factors and they are churning out the battle tomes with the hopes of getting some big releases out the door at a later date. I also think that a new 40K edition does not necessarily mean a slow down for AOS. 40k got a lot of focus when AOS 2.0 came out. If anything I feel like 40k will be in a similar situation to AOS at the beginning of a new edition. A lot of focus and releases for the starter armies and then a slight slow down as they update some of the more modern ranges into the new edition with tomes and a single hero/unit... however, I also feel like we are not as close to 10 edition as people think even if GW is prepping for it. 

In other words I feel like 40k will slow down in preparation for a new edition while AOS and HH get a little more love in the meantime. Slaves to Darkness will kick off a renewed focus on AOS for a while and we will get something unexpected... like an all female Brettonian themed valkyrie halflings on sky ponies army... or Malerion... I mean both are pretty heavily hinted at.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • LOVE IT! 1

24 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

As someone that likes both the hobby and game, I do feel like it is slow. but I think the pace is being dictated by outside factors and they are churning out the battle tomes with the hopes of getting some big releases out the door at a later date. I also think that a new 40K edition does not necessarily mean a slow down for AOS. 40k got a lot of focus when AOS 2.0 came out. If anything I feel like 40k will be in a similar situation to AOS at the beginning of a new edition. A lot of focus and releases for the starter armies and then a slight slow down as they update some of the more modern ranges into the new edition with tomes and a single hero/unit... however, I also feel like we are not as close to 10 edition as people think even if GW is prepping for it. 

In other words I feel like 40k will slow down in preparation for a new edition while AOS and HH get a little more love in the meantime. Slaves to Darkness will kick off a renewed focus on AOS for a while and we will get something unexpected... like an all female Brettonian themed valkyrie halflings on sky ponies army... or Malerion... I mean both are pretty heavily hinted at.

Historically 40K doesn’t every get a slow down when AoS get a new edition but it not exactly true the other way around. Both times a 40K edition change happen there a clear lull in AoS release for at least the second half of the year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, novakai said:

Historically 40K doesn’t every get a slow down when AoS get a new edition but it not exactly true the other way around. Both times a 40K edition change happen there a clear lull in AoS release for at least the second half of the year.

Damn 40K taking our spotlight!!

4 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Only a few hours to go Mortals!! Hedge your final bets!!

Warcry Set with of Hashut and Nurgle Swamp lads.

Underworlds Khorne and Witch Hunters Warbands.

I think it will be only 1 warband for WU and rivals deck. But I like your idea :D

• Like 1