The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Jaepic said:

This month white dwarf will have the Flesh Eater Court update. So I assume their battletome is a long way off

Could very well be a year from now. There has only been Nighthaunt for Death so far this Edition so with SBGL and OBR still to come it could be the last Death Tome for the Edition.

Of Order the only tomes remaining are Seraphon, Cities, Lumineth and Kharadron.

Chaos has everything to come except Nurgle and Skaven.

Destruction is getting 2 Tomes this Summer which is most likely Sons of Behemat and Gloomspite leaving only Mawtribes.

Thats 15 Tomes still to release so FEC could be anywhere in there but I assume the last Death Tome to release.

6 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

"Rustlings from within the Mortal Realms"

Does this mean new Sylvaneth articles this week for the Tome to go on Pre Order the following weekend? Pre Order the 18th release the 25th of June.

From  21st of June  we will technically enter summer season : so yes !

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

"Rustlings from within the Mortal Realms"

Does this mean new Sylvaneth articles this week for the Tome to go on Pre Order the following weekend? Pre Order the 18th release the 25th of June.

Probably yes, but rustling noises might also be caused by rats as well.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, cyrus said:

From  21st of June  we will technically enter summer season : so yes !

19 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Probably yes, but rustling noises might also be caused by rats as well.

Awesome!! Lets get those Tomes and Minis into the hands of players!!

Then onto the confirmation of the next Order and Chaos Tomes.

I've heard a rumor that the huge financial success of the Horus Heresy relaunch will help GW realize that they can hike their box prices to $300, make ungodly profit, and then slowly drain the amount of actual product in said boxes over time.

Oh no wait, that's not a rumor, just the inevitable.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

9 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

With Warclans already updated I sure hope this means a new Faction is coming to Destruction this Edition.

Good God, no - there are 24 factions in the game and the GW’s pace of updating the rules and model ranges is questionable, at the very least.

• LOVE IT! 1

9 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

If rumours are true it would seem that Gloomspite and Mawtribes will be getting single hero model updates.

Sons of Behemat will recieve an upgrade kit(!?!??!)

With Warclans already updated I sure hope this means a new Faction is coming to Destruction this Edition.

Maybe 2….. 2.0 was death and they got Nighthaunt (Kruleboyz) as starters then Obr and Soulblight 

So here’s hoping!!!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Flippy said:

Good God, no - there are 24 factions in the game and the GW’s pace of updating the rules and model ranges is questionable, at the very least.

Agreed. Wait until 4.0 and refreshes are completed to roll out a whole new army.

1 hour ago, Mutton said:

I've heard a rumor that the huge financial success of the Horus Heresy relaunch will help GW realize that they can hike their box prices to $300, make ungodly profit, and then slowly drain the amount of actual product in said boxes over time.

Oh no wait, that's not a rumor, just the inevitable.

TBF I think people (here at the forum at least) underestimate how big and popular 30K is and it was a natural money maker already

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

Agreed. Wait until 4.0 and refreshes are completed to roll out a whole new army.

48 minutes ago, Flippy said:

I can wait. But that also means Malerions Aelves and Chaos Duardin can wait. Destruction is the smallest Faction by far. We have a LOT of Aelves and a lot of Chaos Factions. 

• Confused 1

55 minutes ago, novakai said:

TBF I think people (here at the forum at least) underestimate how big and popular 30K is and it was a natural money maker already

30k has some nice Mechanicus stuff, but its space marines are the mainstay, and devoid of any creative thought. It also was purely Forgeworld, which is always awful.

I really can't see the appeal.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

30k had shrivelled down to a puddle, but there are a LOT of lapsed and potential players out there, and it always benefits from 40k being in a bad place, which it is right now. Remains to be seen if they can sustain that interest and regrow the lake. Could go either way really. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, novakai said:

The marketing storm to HH has drawn a wide net. People I know who don't even play 40k are interested in it. I'M potentially interested in it.

But see if $300 boxes don't soon become the norm from what were once $170 ones. And it isn't COVID doing it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sahrial said:

That’s a good point. Hopefully, 3.0 is bringing all Battletomes up to date and the rules changes can slow down.  I’m hoping just for some range refreshes then. I do think they will drop more armies because I know a huge part of their sales are from people just collecting new stuff.  I also heard a rumor that new models for warhammer plus subscribers will be more exciting to get people to sign up

• Like 2

1 hour ago, novakai said:

I think they have a winner if they put awesome looking models in a big box at discount: imdominus, dominion and now age of darkness. 

And I welcome more marine stuff, while I don't play 40k or 30k, the more money they make on these the more they invest in other systems and armies. 

And while I understand marines aren't to everyone's taste its not there isn't other stuff to choose from. 

The GW hobby is bigger and better than ever. 

Want skirmish games, you've got necromunda and warcry. 

Want a board game with just a handful of models - Underworlds and bloodbowl

Which isn't to mention 40k, 30k, middle earth and of course AoS which in my opinion has some of the best Miniatures GW has ever produced. 

And that doesn't even touch on black library or the painting side of the hobby. 

I get things are quiet at the moment but this is a 40k year, the 40k players suffered the same last year and don't forget by the end of the year we will have 10/11 new battletomes. 

As always, I say bring it on!! 

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

I think they have a winner if they put awesome looking models in a big box at discount: imdominus, dominion and now age of darkness. 

And I welcome more marine stuff, while I don't play 40k or 30k, the more money they make on these the more they invest in other systems and armies. 

And while I understand marines aren't to everyone's taste its not there isn't other stuff to choose from. 

Want skirmish games, you've got necromunda and warcry. 

Want a board game with just a handful of models - Underworlds and bloodbowl

Which isn't to mention 40k, 30k, middle earth and of course AoS which in my opinion has some of the best Miniatures GW has ever produced. 

And that doesn't even touch on black library or the painting side of the hobby. 

I get things are quiet at the moment but this is a 40k year, the 40k players suffered the same last year and don't forget by the end of the year we will have 10/11 new battletomes. 

As always, I say bring it on!! 

As I said underestimating, choices are good, but so is mass appeal especially if the most iconic army of all warhammer

1 hour ago, Mutton said:

The marketing storm to HH has drawn a wide net. People I know who don't even play 40k are interested in it. I'M potentially interested in it.

But see if $300 boxes don't soon become the norm from what were once $170 ones. And it isn't COVID doing it.

I mean it a $300 box for a whole army of non pushfit models including the rulebook and template that you need to play the game. If you where planning to buy a whole army for HH you are saving upward of $150 of money you where planning to spend anyway.

it may not be the norm because starter boxes are priced at the battlebox level and have pushfit models (dominion, soul war, Indomitus, etc)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ogregut said:

1. nonsense. They already have a 41.41% profit margin. Making more money only means their big shareholders get richer

3. Quite the opposite in my area. People stopped buying. The prices are too high.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

1. nonsense. They already have a 41.41% profit margin. Making more money only means their big shareholders get richer

3. Quite the opposite in my area. People stopped buying. The prices are too high.

1. Fair point, however they do invest money back into the company, always have and the evidence is there now. 

New infrastructure, constantly expanding teams, there are more games being supported now than ever before. 

We're seeing the universes brought to light in different ways with different licences. 

They invest in new technologies such as contrast paints which other companies are just catching up with now. 

3. So no one in your area is buying the new HH boxset? Not one person? 

• Like 3

Imo, the Age of Darkness box is a cheap option compared to the old HH kits. Of course it's expensive (crazy expensive), but we come from an era that only 3D prints, limited boxes or recasts could build an army.

The new box is seen as an oportunity to play a good game. HH background is awesome, characters are charismatic and some of them have rules and models, core and faction rules are simplified from HH1.0 but still have alot of flavour and quality (even if there are some things that I don't like, I can see the work behind this rules and it makes sense in this type of games).

I can understand all dislikes of Marines vs Marines, but if you give a chance to see what is behind all this marines, the game has a lot going on and the Lore is good enough for a wargame.

Btw, HH main problem is their small community. It's still a niche game for the majority of wargamers. Time will tell if this second edition can turn around this issue.

• Like 3