The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, DinoJon said:

Seraphon warband possibly? Talking about things crashing into this region of Ghur... like Koatl's Claw. I'm curious if what Be'lakor did to the realms is affecting some of the temple ships that or in the skies of the realms. Maybe this is a new temple ship, a new constellation crashing into Ghur. Also with the proximity of the Gnarlwood to Mekitospar it's not out of the question for Koatl's Claw to send a warband as well. Anyways this is one frog's wishes for more new sculpts. Also that animal in the picture does kind of like like a coatl... 

image.png.b7f3538a4d198396fd75706d11ed61fe.pngimage.png.ac022951f966c270c6b2cab333614367.png

newlizwarband.jpg

YEEEEES. Destruction and Seraphon Warbands!!

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, EntMan said:

image.png.4471e9af5aa5e4515641e72a679ca8c5.png

Boy I sure hope they don't shoehorn in a "Dwarf"-Elf grudge into 40k... it's been done enough. The Squats and the Kin both look amazing in their own right, 

28 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Seraphon warband possibly? Talking about things crashing into this region of Ghur... like Koatl's Claw. I'm curious if what Be'lakor did to the realms is affecting some of the temple ships that or in the skies of the realms. Maybe this is a new temple ship, a new constellation crashing into Ghur. Also with the proximity of the Gnarlwood to Mekitospar it's not out of the question for Koatl's Claw to send a warband as well. Anyways this is one frog's wishes for more new sculpts. Also that animal in the picture does kind of like like a coatl... 

I had the same thought... really hoping for some actual Seraphon sculpts and them being introduced with a Warcry warband is a perfect step.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

The necromunda prospectors seems having awkward proportion considering the hearthkyn warrior(faces seems tiny compared to the Votanns)....i don't like much the "open helmet" and the shaven faces(loving the "sergeant" with closed helmet though).
Still they seems capturing the old feeling in a new way...i like the ida that GW is making differencese between the "new squats" and the necromunda ones that are more like the old models.
Horns of Hashut warband seems not so great...i'd have preferred something more bulky or armored like the Iron golems.
So far seemed the worst day (Kill team dropped the ball putting primaris against reneguade guard and not Kaserkin or even Votanns).
@CommissarRotkeOld squats had grudges against eldar and orks in rogue trader\2nd edition era iirc.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Boy I sure hope they don't shoehorn in a "Dwarf"-Elf grudge into 40k... it's been done enough. The Squats and the Kin both look amazing in their own right, 

The original squats back in the day had beef with the eldar because they didn't help when the orks attacked them. Sound familiar, eh?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

image.png.b7f3538a4d198396fd75706d11ed61fe.pngimage.png.ac022951f966c270c6b2cab333614367.png

newlizwarband.jpg

The idea of a seraphon Temple-Ship being knocked out of the skies by Be'lakor's Storm of Chaos 2.0 seems somewhat ironic since they kinda helped fuel it. In regards to the bird thing, I don't think that it's a koatl, as those have a lot more scales, to me it looks like a heavily Ghurish/Chaotic Simurgh or Roc. Unknown.jpeg.7eff3d8b982a61b3f3d2d3df2d453fab.jpegmuslimheritage-the-simurgh-a-symbol-of-holistic-medicine-in-the-middle-eastern-culture-in-history-simurgh-banner.jpg.6261d88102165b58a393efe39a382393.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sarouan said:

Oh the irony. Some may even say the insult. ;)

Or THE GRUDGE! Because this is going in the book!

4 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Win, win and win.

Chaos religions continue to diversify and show how the Age of Chaos impacted the Realms as various peoples & races needed gods for their survival(Hashut covering smithing)

An amazing Centauroid who’s very unique looking. Big thumbs up!

and now Warcry can finally explore Ghur so the setting can potentially take place at Ironjawz & Ogor Gutfort fighting pits, monolithic honeycomb pillars fought over between Brayherds and Avengorii vampire-centaurs, feral Sylvaneth striking Khornite hunting parties from creeping gnarlwoods and floating Skyoaks and even Skaven attacking Order crawling cities on the backs of dreadworms by going up through their guts and battling the innard patrols.

So much they could do with a Ghurian Warcry that’d perfectly fit the brutal gladiator style out in the hungering jagged plains of the Realm of Beasts and it’s savage god-beasts.

Big wins! :D

On a theoretical level I fully agree, as a big proponent of model and lore diversity and showcasing that through the miniatures, but for the Chorfs - bearded or not - in the fandom this feels like insult to injury. I am SUPER happy for Hashut being canon again and this will definitely tempt me into purchasing the next Warcry starter set if it includes Horns of Hashut, but I'd have taken even a single Chorf in the warband as a victory 😭 Oh well, maybe the real Chorfs were the grudges we settled on the way.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Elmir said:

I honestly think these just look flat out worse than both the League of Votan and the Kharadron overlord. 

Those wide unadorned helmets are pretty much a swing and a miss IMO. 

Someone's name is going in the book.

46 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Apologies for reposting my own meme, but this is my reaction after today Polish_20220305_222320934.jpg.540ba97bf86b52933b3a4ef7d659b35e.jpg

To be fair we did get returnee dwarves with what some people (incorrectly) say is silly headgear.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Win, win and win.

Chaos religions continue to diversify and show how the Age of Chaos impacted the Realms as various peoples & races needed gods for their survival(Hashut covering smithing)

An amazing Centauroid who’s very unique looking. Big thumbs up!

and now Warcry can finally explore Ghur so the setting can potentially take place at Ironjawz & Ogor Gutfort fighting pits, monolithic honeycomb pillars fought over between Brayherds and Avengorii vampire-centaurs, feral Sylvaneth striking Khornite hunting parties from creeping gnarlwoods and floating Skyoaks and even Skaven attacking Order crawling cities on the backs of dreadworms by going up through their guts and battling the innard patrols.

So much they could do with a Ghurian Warcry that’d perfectly fit the brutal gladiator style out in the hungering jagged plains of the Realm of Beasts and it’s savage god-beasts.

Big wins! :D

There's really so much they could do with Ghur as the basis for Warcry 2.0. While the Eightpoints were the logical starting point for a heavily chaos based game, it did somewhat limit itself because all of the monsters and (original) warbands had to be related to chaos in some sense. The move to Ghur opens up the range to all sorts of monstrosities. I think we're definitely getting odors this time around (there's a gut fort right next door), but we could also get new forms of death monsters, spider riders, and maybe even an entire new race dedicated to an obscure/new god! the possibilities are endless.

57 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

On a theoretical level I fully agree, as a big proponent of model and lore diversity and showcasing that through the miniatures, but for the Chorfs - bearded or not - in the fandom this feels like insult to injury. I am SUPER happy for Hashut being canon again and this will definitely tempt me into purchasing the next Warcry starter set if it includes Horns of Hashut, but I'd have taken even a single Chorf in the warband as a victory 😭 Oh well, maybe the real Chorfs were the grudges we settled on the way.

Don't worry @Public Universal Duardin, I'm sure that GW is going to release new plastic chorfs soon. They've done too much teasing in both the lore and the actual game model wise at this point to not have something planned (the hobgrots alone nearly sent the community into a frenzy). My biggest concern is that I think they're largely leaving the old Mesopotamian aesthetic behind, since the new models don't really match the Legion of Azgorh aesthetically.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Gossamid archer warscroll spoiled on the AoS subreddit. I appreciate that GW has heard the complaints that people are getting sick of 6's to hit triggering a mortal wound and they have addressed the issue. Now 6's to hit cause d3 mortal wounds instead. See! Fixed!

Jokes aside they look pretty binary. They're crazy expensive for their damage output, but they're also more or less invincible against a melee army. A unit of 10 easily kills an average hero with little recourse unless your opponent has shooting or good magic. Won't do much against tanky units and die to a stiff breeze though. 

Edited by Grimrock
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ÞórarinnSig said:

Gossamid Archers. More mortal wounds on 6´s. Whee.unknown.png?width=1025&height=676

Oof. With 5 of them, each 2 shots, that's quite a thing. D3 averages to 2, so some 3.5 mortal wounds per volley. Good chance of deleting infantry heroes with 3/3. Again.

The 2+ free retreat and bigger coherency will also make some friends.

26 minutes ago, ÞórarinnSig said:

Gossamid Archers. More mortal wounds on 6´s. Whee.unknown.png?width=1025&height=676

Fairly nice balance, can do a lot of damage with a good roll but with only a range of 12'', need to be careful as anything coming back at them will knock them out of the skies. 

Hopefully the rules carry on like this, gives the feel of hit and run like the wood elves of old. 

The battlebox is a big must buy for me, tho I feel sorry for the Skaven, badly out pointed 😂😂

Hopefully clanrats and stormvermin can be in clan armies now so I can add them to my skyre list. 

8 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Fairly nice balance, can do a lot of damage with a good roll but with only a range of 12'', need to be careful as anything coming back at them will knock them out of the skies. 

Hopefully the rules carry on like this, gives the feel of hit and run like the wood elves of old. 

The battlebox is a big must buy for me, tho I feel sorry for the Skaven, badly out pointed 😂😂

Hopefully clanrats and stormvermin can be in clan armies now so I can add them to my skyre list. 

I suspect that cost-wise, splitting it in the middle isn't fair to Skaven players either.

Most Skaven players probably already have these models, and I don't see them enticing many new players.

Oh wow, thats possibly the least inspiring battlebox filler ive ever seen, hardly seems worth it, they might as well have just done a nice Sylvaneth box and given us the deathmaster solo. Now i just need to convince our groups Sylvaneth player to sell me just the assassin somehow :D

52 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

The move to Ghur opens up the range to all sorts of monstrosities. I think we're definitely getting odors this time around (there's a gut fort right next door), but we could also get new forms of death monsters, spider riders, and maybe even an entire new race dedicated to an obscure/new god! the possibilities are endless.

The Great Gutfort is sooo close to the Gnarlwood!! If we dont get an Ogor Warband of some kind then I just dont know what theyre doing!!