The Rumour Thread

42 minutes ago, Lavieth said:

A part of me has begun to genuinely wonder if there is the possibility that "Fimir" could make a return as a new faction for destruction now. Much like many of the other older races that have had a considerable glow up (AoS and 40K) and necessary changes to bring them up to date and in line with Games-Workshop's IP. Prior to Leagues of Votaan and the mention of Hashut in the new Slaves to Darkness battletome I'd have laughed at it. Now, I am wondering. Same thing with a grot focused army based around Rippa's Snarlfangs concept. 

The Fimir have quite a bit of baggage to carry around. Granted, most people don’t remember their lore, but I‘m pretty sure GW has no need for even the slightest controversy. So they’re probably dead for good.

• Like 1

I don't think that there'll be a new faction for Destruction. There probably won't be any larger releases until Slaves to Darkness hit in Winter. I guess Sylvaneth will show the upper end of how much new stuff Destruction can expect. 

• Like 2

Yeah, I’d love a new Destruction faction now but this does seem a repeat of 2019 in being a faction update year that’s getting everyone up to speed(and StD look like they hit the Gloomspite update jackpot). 

Likely won’t get the new “Ossiarch” faction until next year or the extreme tail-end/Christmas one of this year.(and hopefully a new Ossiarch update in general, besides new units I’m excited to see them fully incorporated into the new rules. The NightHaunt getting increased Ethereal Wards for their “All Out Defense” was such a great solution I’d love to see more of that for the Bone Golems unique mechanics)

3 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

on the other I could also believe it’s a git.

Yeah I’m wondering if that’s the “Sylvaneth controversy” a few rumor mongers have been talking about. Possible Sylvaneth that formed to look like small people & gitz to ride the medium-sized beetles

The humanoid and aelven tree forms are purely for aesthetics, they can take whatever shape they want and indeed don’t even need to move their mouths when talking as that’s all just a shell. They just do all that stuff to make their mortal allies feel more comfortable around them.

• Like 3

Well, if it helps any with the guessing we at least know the total value of all next week's reveals (and that there is a chance to win the lot)

9. The prize will consist of all items revealed as part of Warhammer Fest 2022.

10. There is 1 grand prize to be won. All entrants will have a chance of winning 1 (one) prize.

11. The total prize value is GBP £1340 (one thousand, three hundred and forty) / AUD $2369 (two thousand, three hundred and sixty nine) Australian Dollars.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/05/02/warhammer-fest-online-is-this-week-heres-how-to-win-everything-thats-announced/

• Like 11

31 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Well, if it helps any with the guessing we at least know the total value of all next week's reveals (and that there is a chance to win the lot)

10. There is 1 grand prize to be won. All entrants will have a chance of winning 1 (one) prize.

11. The total prize value is GBP £1340 (one thousand, three hundred and forty) / AUD $2369 (two thousand, three hundred and sixty nine) Australian Dollars.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/05/02/warhammer-fest-online-is-this-week-heres-how-to-win-everything-thats-announced/

Very nice catch mate. 

Knock off at least 250 for the Horus Heresy Box, that's a lot of minis!! 

Oh man let the hype flow! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EntMan said:

1561 euros. Wow, man, that's wild.

We could sum up, but yeah, I think it points towards some great releases besides StD and Horus Heresy. Maybe it's the squats?

Anyway, I still have my hopes. I'm just crossing fingers for the rat-release to be something more than a starterbox. Not everything on 2022 for AoS can be only starterboxes! But don't worry, just in case, I have my clown nose prepared

Edited by Garrac

15 minutes ago, Garrac said:

We could sum up, but yeah, I think it points towards some great releases besides StD and Horus Heresy. Maybe it's the squats?

Is the StD stuff actually being revealed next week though? In light of the tiny tiny chance I win the comp I'm hoping for a full reveal of all the new squats.

• Like 1

What are we expecting to see revealed over the week?

Off the top of my head:

Horus Heresy, Warcry, Chaos Space Marines, probably some stuff for Squats, maybe a new box for Kill Team, a couple more bits for Necromunda, the rest of the StD that were leaked with proper pictures, at least 2 AoS Battletomes but maybe 4 more on top of that...

Anything else?

19 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Legionnaires are not a Warcry unit, they are shown in the leaks. We don't know the other warband right now

Hasn't Whitefang hinted at Legionnaires and hashut being warcry warbands? They do appear at that section of the index

20 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Legionnaires are not a Warcry unit, they are shown in the leaks. We don't know the other warband right now

We saw models that are probably the Legionnaires in the background of a photo, but I’m not sure why that discounts them from being a Warcry warband?

41 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Is the StD stuff actually being revealed next week though? In light of the tiny tiny chance I win the comp I'm hoping for a full reveal of all the new squats.

The StD stuff definitely won’t be revealed next week, with there being 6 battletomes coming first that haven’t been revealed yet. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Still-young said:

We saw models that are probably the Legionnaires in the background of a photo, but I’m not sure why that discounts them from being a Warcry warband?

Yeah, they were listed just next to all the other warcry warbands, why would they not be? Unless @Nezzhilhhas some extra info to give us ;)