The Rumour Thread

21 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Spring doesn't end until the 20th of June so the books could go on prerelease anytime up to and including then. 

From what I can remember that's been announced, this is what's left. 

Chaos knights 

Easterlings 

Daughters and Nighthaunt 

Have I missed anything? 

Horus Heresy. Though granted that one is probably a little farther out still.

10 hours ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

What?How we know he could have done some work on new squats?There's already some BL novels announced for the leagues?

He's a background writer for 40k as well as an author- hoping for a novel or two for them..

this was his reaction to the announcement -

I genuinely cannot tell you folks how long I’ve been dying to talk about the truly glorious Leagues of Votann… at last they’re on their way, and I could not be more excited!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Matrindur said:

Thats why I expected to see the Vanguard sets the week after the SC where removed but its been 3 weeks and nothing yet.

Just another day Fyreslayers get shafted by GW

It's so annoying. I've been wanting to buy Magmadroths separately as they announced months ago now, but there's STILL no option and they're completely unavailable online from GW itself alongside runefathers, runesons and runesmiters.

Guess I'm not building my Lofnir list anytime soon.

27 minutes ago, Snarff said:

It's so annoying. I've been wanting to buy Magmadroths separately as they announced months ago now, but there's STILL no option and they're completely unavailable online from GW itself alongside runefathers, runesons and runesmiters.

Guess I'm not building my Lofnir list anytime soon.

That actually seems like a pretty big deal. I totally missed that you can't even get your hands on most of the heroes for a faction that just recently got a battletome update. Seems like big ******-up.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Matrindur said:

Thats why I expected to see the Vanguard sets the week after the SC where removed but its been 3 weeks and nothing yet.

Just another day Fyreslayers get shafted by GW

Maybe when GW withdrew the start collecting Fyreslayers they just forgot the Magmadroth wasn't available on its own? 😂

17 minutes ago, Boingrot Bouncer said:

Although I also sometimes like to joke about GW:s evilness there might be a problem withe the global logistics that have made it so that they can't release the single magmadroth at the same time as the SC was taken away. 

I'll excuse a lot of stuff given the current issues everyone is facing, but still: Getting rid of a bundle that was the only way to get a certain kit but being unable to put that kit in a different box and sell it seems kinda weak for the biggest miniature company in the world.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I'll excuse a lot of stuff given the current issues everyone is facing, but still: Getting rid of a bundle that was the only way to get a certain kit but being unable to put that kit in a different box and sell it seems kinda weak for the biggest miniature company in the world.

If they planned to replace it they probably stopped producing the SC kit a long time ago, so when they realised the transportation problem it might have been to late. However, I agree that it might be a bad excuse for some the reality is that GW want to sell kits and make money so I don't think they mess with their customers possibility to buy new stuff just out of spite.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Boingrot Bouncer said:

If they planned to replace it they probably stopped producing the SC kit a long time ago, so when they realised the transportation problem it might have been to late. However, I agree that it might be a bad excuse for some the reality is that GW want to sell kits and make money so I don't think they mess with their customers possibility to buy new stuff just out of spite.

Thing if they don't have the packaging they could just sell it as direct only with the standard white boxes for now.

And if the problem is getting the kit to other parts of the world they could just sell it for the UK for now, wouldn't be the first time other countries get delayed but they still sell it where they are able to.

Of course there are a number of other reasons we don't know which prevent them from doing that, but the biggest reason would be if they don't plan to release it on its own and just have it bundled into the vanguard set again which still wouldn't be great because of the higher price point. 

And regardless what is actually happening they could still have at least shown us the Vanguard sets and just told us it would take a while until they are available before the Fyreslayers SC ran out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EntMan said:

Maybe when GW withdrew the start collecting Fyreslayers they just forgot the Magmadroth wasn't available on its own? 😂

They didn't forget. Quoting GW from the pre-order announcement of FS:

'Last Sunday, we also mentioned that the Auric Runefather on Magmadroth would be available for pre-order today. Unfortunately, we jumped the gun a bit there – they’re not quite ready to hit the front lines. Sorry to any Fyreslayer generals disappointed by the news, but rest assured that this beast will be stomping solo into battle in the not-too-distant future.'

That was on the fifth of March. It's been 2 months since then.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

That actually seems like a pretty big deal. I totally missed that you can't even get your hands on most of the heroes for a faction that just recently got a battletome update. Seems like big ******-up.

It is a big deal. It's extremely annoying, especially with GW remaining silent on the issue after announcing that the separate Magmadroth kit was slightly delayed but would be there in the 'not-too-distant future' on the 5th of March. I know there aren't that many Fyreslayer players, but it's a self fulfilling prophecy when GW treats us like this constantly. Runefathers, Magmadroths and Runesmiters are absolutely vital to Fyreslayer armies.

Idoneth are getting screwed over too, Namarti Thralls have been unavailable for weeks now and their start collecting has also been discontinued.

Nighthaunt STILL has no way to buy a Guardian of Souls or Knight of Shrouds on Ethereal Steed since the 2nd ed Starter Sets have gone, even though they were promised to get them separately a long while ago too.

Neither Fyreslayers or Idoneth have had even at least a mention of a Vanguard. kind of absurd if this is how army support is going to be in the future. Apparently you have to be prepared to be unable to even buy the models whose rules you just paid for with a new battletome.

Edited by Snarff
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, Snarff said:

It is a big deal. It's extremely annoying, especially with GW remaining silent on the issue after announcing that the separate Magmadroth kit was slightly delayed but would be there in the 'not-too-distant future' on the 5th of March. I know there aren't that many Fyreslayer players, but it's a self fulfilling prophecy when GW treats us like this constantly. Runefathers, Magmadroths and Runesmiters are absolutely vital to Fyreslayer armies.

Idoneth are getting screwed over too, Namarti Thralls have been unavailable for weeks now and their start collecting has also been discontinued.

Nighthaunt STILL has no way to buy a Guardian of Souls or Knight of Shrouds on Ethereal Steed since the 2nd ed Starter Sets have gone, even though they were promised to get them separately a long while ago too.

Neither Fyreslayers or Idoneth have had even at least a mention of a Vanguard. kind of absurd if this is how army support is going to be in the future. Apparently you have to be prepared to be unable to even buy the models whose rules you just paid for with a new battletome.

IDK and Fyreslayers also can't buy the Fury of the Deep heroes separately, which I recall being promised to come alongside the battletomes at some point as well.

1 hour ago, Snarff said:

It's weird that they haven't re-released the sprue from Soul Wars as they're both on it. Likewise with the removal of Stormsire's Cursebreakers there's no way to get a Knight Incantor at the moment, nor a Lord Arcanum on a Gryff Charger.

I think the Vanguard boxes must be coming soon but it's really disheartening to not hear a word about them.

Like virtually every company in the world GW are having logistical issues. 

Yes it sucks that some stuff is unavailable, I want a maggoth lord for my nurgle army, but what else should they do, delay the battletomes until they have a stockpile of everything? 

Yes, communication could be better but again I can understand them not wanting to commit to a date if they aren't 100% sure it won't change. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, madmac said:

IDK and Fyreslayers also can't buy the Fury of the Deep heroes separately, which I recall being promised to come alongside the battletomes at some point as well.

Gauging by the 40K heroes, it takes a while for them to be release separately. It was only a few weeks ago that TS and GK got their heroes from Hexfire and that was release mid last year. Custodes and Genestealer have not gotten their heroes yet from shadow throne which was 4ish months ago.