The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, novakai said:

I believe those imps on the Shaggoth are suppose to be full size beastmen, since shaggoth is suppose to be huge ( (mountain size) when they where release. But the scaling is not there and they look like nurgling size in present day.

i don’t think it relate to the RE and the mysterious tangled in hair

edit: to me looks like a baby alien creature and the bigger model is its mother at least that my guess

I remember when the Shaggoth was first Previewed and they stated they were supposed to be Gors and I thought "Oh dude this is gunna be huge!!" and for it's time it was but now they do look more like Nurglings or should we say...Gorglings?

26 minutes ago, novakai said:

Related maybe?

9153B522-CACB-4DCC-9F8B-4C12CC10490D.jpeg.97e31112cbf84ceeffb2957bdece9999.jpeg202C4BE3-7B05-4F29-986E-7882B4ABC8F0.jpeg.31a8761dc8c534e16faa36f039d69e28.jpeg

i don’t think it for the same model since the bone flute one is really old and probably for a model that been heavily delayed

Reminds me a bit of the old sourbreath troggoths. Could it be a baby troggoth in the hair of a new troggoth hag? Troggoths have 3 fingers if i remember correctly? And would make sense a troggoth hag would decorate her hair with bones. 

Whatever it is, it seems to be hanging in the hair of something, with its feet resting on knots, and clutching a bone ornament on the tip of another lock of hair. 

• LOVE IT! 3

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

The new Tyranid has been officially shown off.

Parasite of Mortex!!

l77Cmihp7B4ScA2D.jpg

It is so weird how people keep misspelling Demon Prince and Chaos Spawn as Tyranid, must be a quirk of auto correct?

But in all seriousness that is an amazing looking model! I hope that tyranids get some more updates.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I know there’s more to the model but that’s one of the most complete engines I’ve seen, What I mean is, it’s not a tail, foot or even a bag. It’s a whole Damn Squirrel Troggoth - affectionately known as Strogu. 

I haven’t got the faintest idea what It could be. Surely destruction, but as many have said it could be an updated Tangled whatever a Shaggoth has in it’s hair. I day Dream about a plastic Shaggoth, Such an iconic Warhammer creature, a Centauroid Dragon with the Upper Torso of something vaguley Ogre, invigorated by lightning, the most ancient of creatures, the true rulers of the Warhammer World. Anyway…

What ever it is it will no doubt disappoint me and my unrealistic expectations. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, novakai said:

Related maybe?

9153B522-CACB-4DCC-9F8B-4C12CC10490D.jpeg.97e31112cbf84ceeffb2957bdece9999.jpeg202C4BE3-7B05-4F29-986E-7882B4ABC8F0.jpeg.31a8761dc8c534e16faa36f039d69e28.jpeg

i don’t think it for the same model since the bone flute one is really old and probably for a model that been heavily delayed

Wait a sec... okay that does look like the same hand as the flute though. Bear with me here... Silent people??

1. Rumor is they are going Death Alliance. 

2. If they're Silent, it makes sense they'd communicate and/or control via instruments.

3. The baby ("baby"?) looks like it is purposefully set up in that beard, like it's a riding harness. The grip has been bothering me, and I realized it could be because the baby is actually directing this beard thing.

4. Constructs need a control rod and/or a rider: instruments are often used as "control rods" in real life fables/folklore.

5. We know Death uses both natural bones (necromancy) and bone-mix (Ossiarch) for their constructs.

6. We know Death constructs can retain hair/beards thanks to Cursed City zombie ogors.

No one can really settle on what existing faction they think this baby is part of. I submit to the council that that is because we're looking at a glimpse of the Silent People...

I know, I know. They're supposed to be insectoid. Maybe the insectoids were their servants? Heck, GW could've scrap the insectoid thing in general since it's only mentioned in one passage in Beastgrave, and they are no strangers to retcons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gothmaug said:

Reminds me a bit of the old sourbreath troggoths. Could it be a baby troggoth in the hair of a new troggoth hag? Troggoths have 3 fingers if i remember correctly? And would make sense a troggoth hag would decorate her hair with bones. 

Whatever it is, it seems to be hanging in the hair of something, with its feet resting on knots, and clutching a bone ornament on the tip of another lock of hair. 

i checked and all AOS trogg models have 4 fingers including the thumb

2 hours ago, Gothmaug said:

Please dont let me get on the troggoth hypetrain..... too late.

Maybe it’s a ‘baby’ Gorger.

Pros

There’s lots of talk of infants in their lore — scrawny misshapen things scratching a living in the dark beneath the mountains. There’s the bone it’s holding, and bones appear in the Gorger artwork and on their models, but there’s also the skull in the beard/mane, which is similar to the existing (oooold) models. 

I could see that beard/mane belonging to an adult Gorger.

Finally, the existing Gorger model has a ridged nose similar to this critter.

Cons are the number of fingers, but honestly I can’t find anything in the current lore that matches that, so either we’re looking at something completely new we’d never be able to guess (not unlikely) or they’ve reinterpreted something currently in the lore for AoS. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 4

7 hours ago, novakai said:

Related maybe?

I actually think it could be for the same model. Check out the hair in between the hands of the bone flute player. It seems to match the values of the the hair in the new pic.

Heavily delayed could mean Cursed city expansion, and there's nothing to say they couldn't have snapped a new pic of it now that we're bringing them back.

54 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:
  Hide contents

2020-05-05.jpg.25dd752396c772c1f8fb5ba301203c1a.jpg2021-06-15.jpg.dac44be9f556b436749d8fd7671ecdbf.jpg2020-05-12.jpg.acd46a30360f9fbb516f756c82eea76e.jpg2022-03-08.jpg.24b0d33451a7353b845887cf0f38062e.jpg

I think these four are releated to the same model

It makes sense. Weird undead king sitting on a throne while his little rodent servants scamper all around the place.

If it is one model, though, it's almost certainly for Cursed City since these rumour engines are from just before that game released. Being part of a planned CC expansion would explain why they have been unsolved for so long,

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Fulcanelli said:

A FEC Mortarch would be great!
What makes you think there's a connection between the two rumours above and the critter(s)?

The last Rumour Engine is too flat for me to be part of a regular model. It seems part of "a wall" or something like that so I'm suspecting is part of a throne.

• Like 3

Looking at the limbs, joints lacking muscle and skin, they look skeletal which is a look many NH units share. We know NH are creeping up too. New NH unit perhaps?

Edit: And looking at the new Tyranid model it has exactly the same skeletal/chitinous look. So probably another space bug.

Edited by pnkdth